Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
On 09/11/2020 at 23:15, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Excellent news. No frost or ice for at least another week. Long may it continue!

Aye, may help to keep R rate down, certainly less virus cases

Posted

image.thumb.png.52a6f459bd4cd68b8e7b78dd8c3e961f.pngKnow its the BBC and can be quite conservative with tempreatures, but this has changed rapidly and dramatically from the temps forecasted earlier in the day and week.

Posted

Felt more like November today, single digit max showers and a fresh feel. Tomorrow back to the mild, then a more definite November feel switch mid-month on, perhaps.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
2 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Felt more like November today, single digit max showers and a fresh feel. Tomorrow back to the mild, then a more definite November feel switch mid-month on, perhaps.

Can’t wait for my first actual November-ish/ wintry feeling day, only downside of living on the south coast It’s always mild with double digit Max’s and mins while the rest of the country Is usually colder.

Edited by Freeze

Posted

Hopefully some thundery showers through the night and early morning coming up from the channel, would spice up an otherwise uneventful month. Surprised theres been no decent windstorms yet!

Edited by Freeze
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
44 minutes ago, Freeze said:

Hopefully some thundery showers through the night and early morning coming up from the channel, would spice up an otherwise uneventful month. Surprised theres been no decent windstorms yet!

Apart from a a couple of days in October, it has been a fairly uneventful autumn. Pretty boring if you are a weather enthusiast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

Can’t wait for some crisp cold weather. Instead of this Atlantic crap. I think the wind is even more annoying than the rain. 

• Like 1

Posted

Yep and barely scrape single figure mins, even this upcoming colder snap only has a forecast max of 9c and for 1 day only

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

Yes have to say this autum has been bland at best. Nothing of note with anything. Rubbish

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

A pretty wretched Autumn. Everything is boggy and muddy, bring on a cold, frosty spell.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, warm, snow

Please, any weather but this relentless howling wind!  I hate it.  Bring on some crisp, frosty mornings with blue skies.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Better today, once it had finally stopped raining. Chilly and bright, much preferable weather for late autumn, to me anyway. I am really concerned we don't have another really wet late autumn and winter, though. The flooding around here last time was bad enough without the covid restrictions, but now when people can't even escape their flooded houses by meeting friends in the pub it'd be even more miserable.

Posted

Thunder, lightning, hail, torrential rain, sunshine, rainbows, 50-60mph gusts, today really was a bit of everything. Exciting day weather wise! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

I don't think I've ever read so much tosh as on the model output thread over the last 24 hrs. Yesterday the ec was amazing showing a poor easterly at day ten and gfs was useless. Today gfs shows some blocking and it's looking amazing at day13you couldn't write it. Be totally different again at midnight 

Posted

Turning into a very uninspiring Autumn overall, last 4 weeks especially so. There was a nice chilly bright spell end September and early October. Little frost, just endless damp and cloud and mild dreariness. Need something to kick things into touch.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Autumn is the worst season of the year in my view. As a fan of warm/hot, sunny weather and cold, snowy, frosty weather, both are lacking in Autumn. Early September can still have some summer warmth and the end of November can very occasionally have some winter cold, however all in all the bulk of the period from the end of September through to early December is full of dank, windy, wet weather. There is very little to look for in the model output to stoke any interest so it is the time of year I spend least time in the model output thread. This Autumn has been a shocker - very little in the way of frost and fog. Lots of rain and dank weather. 

Sorry, that's my morning Autumn rant over! 

• Like 1

Posted

Yay INCOMING EASTERLY.I have just ordered fake-snow to throw on the garden as I can pretend the Easterly verified for end of next week and I have a winter wonderland in the garden.

Posted

Temperature by day seems to have been 12C, give or take 2 or 3, for weeks on end now. Seemed chilly at the end of Sept and beginning of Oct, seems mild in mid November. No warmth in October (hardly ever got above 16C) and a real lack of cold nights too, even that high pressure early in the month only gave one cold clear night. Very uninspiring, though not as unpleasant as 12 months ago when it rained almost. nonstop from about 22 Sep till the end of Nov.

Cold, frosty, sunny high would be nice now- snow would be too but its unrealistic to expect it this early every autumn. November can be so grim with its 4pm sunsets when we just get cloudy mild damp stuff all the time.

Posted
37 minutes ago, Summer of 95 said:

Temperature by day seems to have been 12C, give or take 2 or 3, for weeks on end now. Seemed chilly at the end of Sept and beginning of Oct, seems mild in mid November. No warmth in October (hardly ever got above 16C) and a real lack of cold nights too, even that high pressure early in the month only gave one cold clear night. Very uninspiring, though not as unpleasant as 12 months ago when it rained almost. nonstop from about 22 Sep till the end of Nov.

Cold, frosty, sunny high would be nice now- snow would be too but its unrealistic to expect it this early every autumn. November can be so grim with its 4pm sunsets when we just get cloudy mild damp stuff all the time.

November hands down is the most miserable month of the year. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything below 0c or above 20c. Also love a good thunderstorm!

Yes Autumn 2020 started off well but has turned into a very drab one with the exception of last week. Even the foliage hasn't been very vibrant although most of us knew it wouldn't be great given the dry spring, topsy turvy summer and cyclonic conditions in October!

If you had to ask me what is my 'least favourite' time of year it would be late November early December. Mainly because the colours have gone, as dark as January and not yet into cold season. 

Oh yeah and premature Christmas themed media, love Christmas but not in the mood for jingle bells on the 17th November!

Enjoy your evenings all, I'll be watching famous people having a hard time with cockroachs in North Wales later!

• Like 1

Posted

Days like today and I can see why people venture to sunnier climes in the November - March period. What a miserable grey day,  if a day could be used to describe 2020 in the main it would be today.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cool & dry, with regular cold, snowy periods.

Agree with others about November onwards being drab; were I live the colours have been quite nice and have added some colour to the gloom. Sadly, with the last winds most of the leaves have gone, and bare branches are left. Now the run in to the 'winter' with probable mild, grey, wet & windy nothingness.....