Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety
15 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Another weekend. Another named storm. Was it February? 4 Saturdays. 3 Saturdays with a named storm. Now another one. What is it in the UK with weekends and abysmal weather.

Tell me about it. Yes it was February where the named storms coincided with weekends, and when I was trying to erect a greenhouse on my allotment. Twice I had roof panels displaced or ripped off (thankfully polycarbonate, not glass), and I had to bodge an engineering solution consisting of L shaped brackets and drilling holes into the frame to bolt the panels down, then use a very strong adhesive around every roof and side pane to seal them all in. My greenhouse might withstand the equivalent of an October 1987 storm now.

The weather now seems to be trolling me with the forecast of sunny days next week when I am working at home after what looks to be a very wet and sunless weekend.

Posted

Yes. 2 of the last 4 Saturdays I have got absolutely drenched walking up to the pub. And I remember back in June /July the BBC weatherman showing charts for the 4 June weekends and the first one in July and everyone had low pressure either close by or on top of the UK  .He even remarked about it. Shocking.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
5 hours ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Yes. 2 of the last 4 Saturdays I have got absolutely drenched walking up to the pub. And I remember back in June /July the BBC weatherman showing charts for the 4 June weekends and the first one in July and everyone had low pressure either close by or on top of the UK  .He even remarked about it. Shocking.

Same tomorrow, no going with mates though? as we're in tier 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

Lovely mild weather, saved a bit off the old heating bill.

Edited by Thundershine
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
On 21/10/2020 at 18:59, markyo said:

Thankfully this unwelcome mild crap is on the way out, really makes you appreciate those crisp mornings even more!. Rest of the month is looking much better temp wise. 

On 29/10/2020 at 20:22, markyo said:

Bedroom windows open,fans on.....13/14c night in back end of October. Awful weather.

I think you need to sack your weather informant?!

• Like 1

Posted

Next wednesday is looking like the first real cold day, highs of 9C for me and lows of 1/2C. Most probably aware without needing this but on a seperate note I was readign one of the government's SAGE  meeting minutes and according to government forecasters, November/December has a high chance of cold outbreaks, but January and February have a higher chance of being mild and wet. Certainly pretty mild for this late in october/november, was much colder last year, but some of the colder maxima we have seen earlier in the month. Not as bad as Paris in France with a high of 20C on Monday (2 days into November!). 

Sharp, cold snap coming up though, overnight minimum looking low for the first time this autumn

Edited by qwertyK

Posted

I’ve finished October with 174mm I got 6.5mm today from earlier heavy rain. I see ~550mm in an average year (Greenwich) my location is very dry I can’t put it into words how insane this is. I might not see a month like this again in my lifetime.

CB4B4B57-ADAF-4CE7-B1A0-440440EFB36B.thumb.jpeg.ca21621b3aaeced35c9b41cfa900fbe6.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Ended with 175.4m here which as I posted before was already way above my previous record. It's also the first month this year to reach 100mm. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

London looking at a November record at the Heathrow station, with 20c forecast on Tuesday. That would overtake the rather pathetic 18.5c record high for November if it occurred.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Tonight could be one of the warmest November nights on record in the UK with parts of the south not dropping below 18c

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Yes SS , here I’ll be at 14’s come mid afternoon today and then 18c come 8pm and dropping to a crazy low of 17c overnight

1 and 2’s will be a shock to the system come Tuesday/Wednesday

Posted
8 hours ago, Weather-history said:

Halloween night

I noticed a white glow on the horizon at about 1 O'clock, was that part of your Halloween thing ? as I couldn't help seeing something flying around above it in circles for most of the night  ? 

Posted
35 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

I noticed a white glow on the horizon at about 1 O'clock, was that part of your Halloween thing ? as I couldn't help seeing something flying around above it in circles for most of the night  ? 

I assume it was a police helicopter that kept circling

Posted
11 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

I assume it was a police helicopter that kept circling

Must of been one of them so called eligible raves

Posted
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

Apart from a few colder days, this will be the general theme until Christmas, then much colder. 

Someone’s not paying attention few frosts to London area next week and much calmer sunnier crisp days. 

13 hours ago, B87 said:

London looking at a November record at the Heathrow station, with 20c forecast on Tuesday. That would overtake the rather pathetic 18.5c record high for November if it occurred.

20C forecast... no it isn’t. ECM forecasting 16-17C. 

6 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

Tonight could be one of the warmest November nights on record in the UK with parts of the south not dropping below 18c

Where did you get that info from? It’s looking quite unlikely to challenge 15.9C from 2005 but we’ll see. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety
2 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

Apart from a few colder days, this will be the general theme until Christmas, then much colder. 

Nobody knows what the weather is going to do up too and beyond Christmas beyond guesswork.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
26 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

And not beyond Monday either. Much cooler by Tuesday.

Here and now it’s really quite balmy out there at 16.4C. Kinda feels like a naff night in summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

17c at 9pm in November. Lovely. Reminds me of summer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
2 hours ago, Daniel* said:

WWW.WEATHERONLINE.CO.UK

weather London 8 days: Rain risk - Wind - UV index - Sunshine hours

Posted

What model does WeatherOnline use? They once forecasted snow on a 17c day in July. They're a bit bonkers when it comes to forecasting.

Posted
1 minute ago, Zak M said:

What model does WeatherOnline use? They once forecasted snow on a 17c day in July. They're a bit bonkers when it comes to forecasting.

Yeah, I don't see anything even near 20C tommorow, it will be ridiculously high in the morning, maybe 17C. They also forecasted 35-36C for about six days straight this summer in London. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
30 minutes ago, Zak M said:

17c at 9pm in November. Lovely. Reminds me of summer

Bet the weather doesn't quite match up to that

• Like 1

Posted

Whoops, I made a mistake. I think the site which forecasted snow on that July day was actually WorldWeatherOnline.