Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Had a bit of heavy rain early this morning but otherwise the rain wasn't that heavy here either.

• Like 1

Posted
33 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

Nothing worse than a mild Halloween/Bonfire night! 

Seem to be a regular occurrence these days, we've had a number of very mild Halloweens, 2014 exceptionally so, and I can't remember the last cold frosty Bonfire Night. Alas this year thanks to other events, most people will likely be indoors, so it doesn't really matter. 

We're now entering the true peak of autumn in my view - which lasts until about the 10th November, a time of rapid change in the feel of everything largely thanks to the clocks going back, and in normal times the Halloween and Bonfire Night celebrations. Its usually a period peppered with the first gales/storms of the season, days with heavy rain, and sometimes not always the first proper lingering frosts of the season and snow on the very highest peaks (the latter two things increasingly seem to be happening later every year, mid November... ). Leaf colour is at its best, before being stripped clean by the storms or frosts..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Much better this morning, lovely Autumn sunrise, nice freshness to the breeze, yesterdays mild dross has gone thankfully.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
2 hours ago, markyo said:

Much better this morning, lovely Autumn sunrise, nice freshness to the breeze, yesterdays mild dross has gone thankfully.

I agree. Yesterday was unbearably hot and humid. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
5 hours ago, MP-R said:

I agree. Yesterday was unbearably hot and humid. 

So glad to see your coming round to my way of thinking at last......

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Heating goes on here when it actually gets cold. looking forward to a potential squall line on Saturday, love autumn storms. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
2 hours ago, markyo said:

So glad to see your coming round to my way of thinking at last......

Tuesday was actually a rare warmer feeling day as it got up to 17C here, but yesterday's rain made 14C feel colder than it actually is, and today it hasn't gone above 12C so the temporary 'mildth' was only fleeting.

The warmth of mid September is a distant memory now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale
22 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Seem to be a regular occurrence these days, we've had a number of very mild Halloweens, 2014 exceptionally so, and I can't remember the last cold frosty Bonfire Night. Alas this year thanks to other events, most people will likely be indoors, so it doesn't really matter. 

We're now entering the true peak of autumn in my view - which lasts until about the 10th November, a time of rapid change in the feel of everything largely thanks to the clocks going back, and in normal times the Halloween and Bonfire Night celebrations. Its usually a period peppered with the first gales/storms of the season, days with heavy rain, and sometimes not always the first proper lingering frosts of the season and snow on the very highest peaks (the latter two things increasingly seem to be happening later every year, mid November... ). Leaf colour is at its best, before being stripped clean by the storms or frosts..

Yes there seems to be a recurring stormy period from mid oct to mid Nov (although absent in recent years).  Remember this in 96, 98, 00, 02, 04, 05, 06, 09 and 13 which all would have had at least 1, if not multiple names storms had they been around then.  Next week looking potentially stormy as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale
2 hours ago, Freeze said:

Heating goes on here when it actually gets cold. looking forward to a potential squall line on Saturday, love autumn storms. 

Yes, love a good squall line.  Not sure our fence has quite the same opinion though

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Could do with a week or two of dry weather now, this rainy crud is starting to play havoc with my work again. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
12 hours ago, SummerShower said:

Yes, love a good squall line.  Not sure our fence has quite the same opinion though

Did you put it together with PVA glue and blu tack? 

Posted
6 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

Did you put it together with PVA glue and blu tack? 

No our neighbours did

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Apart from at the beginning, this is shaping up to be a pretty bland month. Temperatures have been around the same throughout, no particularly noticeable cold nights and a lack of stormy weather. It is forecast to get interesting later on today, but the month as a whole has been fairly boring if you are a weather enthusiast. Still, I have high hopes for winter 2020/21.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Is it possible for a dry day around south east midlands? Fed up up of really bad forecasting and not being able to do anything outside, and drying clothes can be near on impossible! I cant remember the last correct forecast where it has not rained as stated, wake up today and see clear blue skies, check forecast and yes it looks a good day to get the clothes washed and out drying. Moment I hang it all up huge great dark clouds appear and it launches it down! Should of checked the precipitation charts but even they seem not to reliable!

Want cold clear dry weather not this unpredictable muck.

Posted

Today is an example of why I hate this time of year.

Dank, wet and cool. It could be any day between October and March. 

I would love something genuinely seasonal, i.e. calm, foggy and frosty or even a proper storm, but you know this absolute detritus will dominate for the next 5 months.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, severe frost, freezing fog and summer sunshine
10 hours ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

HAPPY TO DISCUSS! Go back to September 2019 and wind forward 14 months. Apart from April and May 2020 it has basically been wet windy and cool. 

August wasn't cool and September had some warmth...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
10 hours ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

HAPPY TO DISCUSS! Go back to September 2019 and wind forward 14 months. Apart from April and May 2020 it has basically been wet windy and cool. 

It’s been windy and wet since only the end of September here, and not really that windy anyway. The rest of the year was pretty dry here apart from February. And warm throughout. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

What an utter blighter of a day out there again. Soaking cold rot. It'll probably be sunnier and drier in January. Just like last October this. Rain, rain, rain and persistently cold throughout - boring drivel. ANYTHING else would be better! Even snow!

Edited by Thundershine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).
On 21/10/2020 at 20:53, Stabilo19 said:

Nothing worse than a mild Halloween/Bonfire night! 

I'd say a wet bonfire night (which could be mild or cold) would be much worse, from the POV of lighting fireworks, and having to stand in the rain, than a merely mild and dry one.

Edited by Thundershine

Posted

Anyone been looking at the ridiculous cold in much of the western US? Look at El paso 

- highs of 3C today, 24C below average for October!

Denver has also been ridiculously cold with lows of -12C.

240x180_twc_default.png
WEATHER.COM

Weather.com brings you the most accurate monthly weather forecast for with average/record and high/low...

Shame this month hasn't had many genuinely cold nights, a very boring, average month here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

This October has now become the wettest month I have ever recorded, beating last October. Currently at 195.4mm with more to come!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, severe frost, freezing fog and summer sunshine
4 hours ago, Thundershine said:

What an utter blighter of a day out there again. Soaking cold rot. It'll probably be sunnier and drier in January. Just like last October this. Rain, rain, rain and persistently cold throughout - boring drivel. ANYTHING else would be better! Even snow!

I think last October was colder wasn't it?