Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

WoW. Just had a look at the rain radar. Not often you see practically the WHOLE country covered in green! ☔

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and warm, sunny summers
13 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Last October was very autumnal as well. The CET was actually -0.6°C below average. It was also wetter than average.

I enjoyed it because it was sunny and not that wet here. Escaped the deluges that some others had and ended up with 99% of average rainfall. Still haven't had a wet October since 2014. Nice seasonable month. Loved October 2018 and hated October 2017.

Posted
9 minutes ago, BruenSryan said:

I enjoyed it because it was sunny and not that wet here. Escaped the deluges that some others had and ended up with 99% of average rainfall. Still haven't had a wet October since 2014. Nice seasonable month. Loved October 2018 and hated October 2017.

Me too. October 2018 was nice but October 2017 was just mild and very cloudy, and also very wet here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

October 19 was a complete washout here. Just 5 dry days. Almost 200mm of rain fell and caused flooding. Temps were average and no frosts.

Posted
1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

October 19 was a complete washout here. Just 5 dry days. Almost 200mm of rain fell and caused flooding. Temps were average and no frosts.

Yeah I think it was wetter in the south due to a southerly tracking jet. Further north it was colder, drier and sunnier. This years weather patterns are similar so we could be in for a repeat. October 2019 was pretty wet here but I don’t think it was as wet as you describe it. Just a lot of 12°C days and thick cloud.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
4 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Yeah I think it was wetter in the south due to a southerly tracking jet. Further north it was colder, drier and sunnier. This years weather patterns are similar so we could be in for a repeat. October 2019 was pretty wet here but I don’t think it was as wet as you describe it. Just a lot of 12°C days and thick cloud.

Max temps and rain days here for Oct 19:

1863748091_Screenshot2020-10-03132201.thumb.png.291b0f4656d556b4a9d981110588e23d.png 1538066852_Screenshot2020-10-03132242.thumb.png.7f03fab8eff3c64a9b90864ffadcfd9b.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale
41 minutes ago, Josh Rubio said:

This countrywide band of rain which is currently rotating, am I right to think that it will swirl round and head back east/south east later on this evening? 

I believe so, got another 12h heavy rain forecast from this evening here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale
2 minutes ago, SummerShower said:

I believe so, got another 12h heavy rain forecast from this evening here

Local stations are closing in on 60mm since Thursday evening with more to come

Meant to press edit instead of quoting myself.. oops

Edited by SummerShower
Meant to press edit button not quite myself.. oops

Posted

I walked for 10 mins up the road to the bus stop this afternoon . Got absolutely drenched. Still drying out in the pub. The joys of Autumn in Dudley. Mind you they always say ' it doesn't rain in the pub' . Luckily it has got a roof. 

• Like 2

Posted

Just 11C maxima forecast for tommorow for me. Though minima at 9C. Noticing that whilst this is more prolonged than the cold snap we had at the start of october last year, we have had no frosts. The minima for september this month for me was 6C, whereas last year it was 1C, although that is unusually cold. 

• Like 1

Posted

24C here today but windy as heck. Some parts of Hungary managed to top 30C. 

Looks like I'm about to get some fireworks too according to Blitzortung. 

Edited by AderynCoch

Posted
8 minutes ago, AderynCoch said:

24C here today but windy as heck. Some parts of Hungary managed to top 30C. 

Looks like I'm about to get some fireworks too according to Blitzortung. 

are there any weather records broken in that part of central and eastern europe? seems like western europe is having colder than average weather whilst the east is having warmer than average. a change from where we were in mid september when western europe was exceptionally warm and the east was average or a little cooler. 

Posted

I don't know really. Here September was warm until the last week. It's only really warmed up again the past couple of days. Tomorrow should only be about 20C. I definitely can't speak for Eastern Europe, as I'm literally about half a mile from the Austrian border and I can see Vienna on a clear day. 

Getting some pretty severe thunder and lightning at the moment. I didn't expect this at all! 

Edited by AderynCoch
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 minutes ago, AderynCoch said:

I don't know really. Here September was warm until the last week. It's only really warmed up again the past couple of days. Tomorrow should only be about 20C. I definitely can't speak for Eastern Europe, as I'm literally about half a mile from the Austrian border and I can see Vienna on a clear day. 

Getting some pretty severe thunder and lightning at the moment. I didn't expect this at all! 

bring it here! as living here sucks, will be lucky to hit 14

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Max out 12.4c here today and by the time this rain is due to stop around 8am tomorrow morning, I’ll be looking at two to two an half inch’s of rain, that why the West Midlands is under an Amber warning for flooding ☔☔☔

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
8 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Looking forward to a mild wet and windy winter. With minimal frosts ice and snow. The less ice and snow the better. 

eh? reverse psychology?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow
8 minutes ago, Josh Rubio said:

Just when you think you’re out of the rain band more develops and strengthens from the east. What causes this? 

My guess would be due to us being in close range of the Low Pressure centre, which helps to add energy to the rain band and draw in moisture from the East. Possibility as well that the air flow is clashing with each other in various directions around the Low. Where this is happens is likely where the biggest increase in precipitation intensity occurs. Topography could be playing a part too. Not much in the way of mountains to the East to gobble up the precipitation, although over any high ground or hilly areas in that direction, it might locally enchance the rain in those places. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
8 hours ago, Josh Rubio said:

Just when you think you’re out of the rain band more develops and strengthens from the east. What causes this? 

Area of vorticity moving in - this enhances lift etc and causes ppn to intensify.

• Like 1

Posted

Highs of just 10C here today, albeit minima at 8, one of the coldest October days here and definitely the coldest for this early in October. .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Absolutely throwing it down here, 3rd day in a row, getting  cheesed off with it now, about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.