Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Autumn is well and truly underway now, which I am happy about seeing as it is my favourite season. I just hope that if we do get prolonged high pressure at any time, it won't keep ending up being that anticyclonic gloom rubbish. Some cool, crisp and frosty sunny days would be wonderful during autumn and winter.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Anything other than the weather we have now would be grand! It’s literally rained all day!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
2 hours ago, qwertyK said:

Absolutely awful weather in london and essex today, has not stopped raining. 

Started intermittently raining at 10pm here last night and hasn't stopped since 7am...truly dire. 

Edited by Froze were the Days

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale
46 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Started intermittently raining at 10pm last night here and hasn't stopped since 7am...truly dire. 

Same here.. seems to have come in pulses of heavy rain interspersed with drizzle all day.  Looks to be the case until sunday morning!  Gusty easterly wind eased a bit now though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Got away with a dry afternoon here but it's been very wet either side of that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Can't remember such a sustained, relentless period of rain here. Interesting nonetheless and much better than early Autumn heat IMO.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Stabilo19 said:

Can't remember such a sustained, relentless period of rain here. Interesting nonetheless and much better than early Autumn heat IMO.

I would prefer some nice sunny days over this, but the colder fresh variety. An Indian summer would be better than this.

I understand though, this current set up makes it feel seasonal. Never been a fan of damp wet and windy weather, as you can do much else but sit indoors.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

I would prefer some nice sunny days over this, but the colder fresh variety. An Indian summer would be better than this.

I understand though, this current set up makes it feel seasonal. Never been a fan of damp wet and windy weather, as you can do much else but sit indoors.

don't switch itv 4 on!

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
25 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Indeed. This weather is more like mid November than early October. It never really got light yesterday and today looks similar.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Loving the Autumnal feel to the weather, fresh but not cold, plenty of proper weather about, got a feeling this October could actually be a Autumn for once!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
44 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

So so much better, comfort levels make such a difference, i actually feel alive with  much more energy.

Edited by markyo
  • Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, markyo said:

Loving the Autumnal feel to the weather, fresh but not cold, plenty of proper weather about, got a feeling this October could actually be a Autumn for once!

Let me know where I can find some of this proper weather... just grey, drizzly and dreary here.

Looks potentially much better in a weeks time. Once this next seven days of trash has been collected, we'll hopefully cop this high moving in. With fairly cool conditions at the surface, it will certainly feel more seasonal. ECM even going for a straight northerly. Sunshine and fresh nights hopefully, and an opportunity to actually go outside and enjoy the autumn colours.

h850t850eu.png ukmintemp.png

Posted
1 minute ago, MP-R said:

Let me know where I can find some of this proper weather... just grey, drizzly and dreary here.

Looks potentially much better in a weeks time. Once this next seven days of trash has been collected, we'll hopefully cop this high moving in. With fairly cool conditions at the surface, it will certainly feel more seasonal. ECM even going for a straight northerly. Sunshine and fresh nights hopefully, and an opportunity to actually go outside and enjoy the autumn colours.

h850t850eu.png ukmintemp.png

I hope by next weekend things settle down, as I booked a hotel room for a weekend break down in Cooden Beach, with the hope of being able to at least enjoy a walk. Don’t mind if it’s cold, but need to be dry. Worst case scenario, we will relax in the hotel.

Hopefully no further lockdown restrictions before then, otherwise that’s money Dow the toilet.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
38 minutes ago, markyo said:

So so much better, comfort levels make such a difference, i actually feel alive with  much more energy.

It has been a great late sept/ early oct period for those who like autumn.  The best late sept/ early oct period in a long time. I love this time of yr when the weather is in an autumnal mood

• Like 2

Posted
26 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

I hope by next weekend things settle down, as I booked a hotel room for a weekend break down in Cooden Beach, with the hope of being able to at least enjoy a walk. Don’t mind if it’s cold, but need to be dry. Worst case scenario, we will relax in the hotel.

Hopefully no further lockdown restrictions before then, otherwise that’s money Dow the toilet.

Fingers crossed for you. Anything is better than what we have now!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

don't switch itv 4 on!

Why what’s on on itv4?

Posted
1 hour ago, markyo said:

Last October was very autumnal as well. The CET was actually -0.6°C below average. It was also wetter than average.

Edited by East Lancs Rain

Posted
9 minutes ago, Earthshine said:

Horrendous outside.  Pouring down with Rian and feeling cold.  Day for staying inside I think!

Yep. Inside your 30 degree house!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny!
1 minute ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Yep. Inside your 30 degree house!

Nice and toasty.  I have Raynaud syndrome so despise cold weather.  Cold and damp weather is even worse and is very painful.

Posted
1 hour ago, markyo said:

It’s not very comfortable getting soaked though is it, and it’s so dark as well I don’t feel like doing much. It’s days like this I yearn for those warm sunny days we had in April and May. Could go and sit out in the Sun and go for walks. Can’t do that today.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Earthshine said:

Nice and toasty.  I have Raynaud syndrome so despise cold weather.  Cold and damp weather is even worse and is very painful.

Okay fair enough.

Posted
59 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Looks a nice place. Have a good time.

Posted
10 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Last October was very autumnal as well. The CET was actually -0.6°C below average. It was also wetter than average.

Yes it was. It went from warm and sunny in that mid September period, with warm days and cool mornings and days, then turned colder and unsettled.