Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

EFuFUErX0AAa78N.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
5 minutes ago, Lance M said:

Lots of doom and gloom on the forum about this weekend's charts, but personally I'm loving it. It's rare to get a deep low centered down here in the South. Bring on the proper autumn conditions it'll bring this weekend 

Agree,the out look is spot on imo, proper Autumn, no unwelcome heat or anything like that. A actual season my be on the cards!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
6 minutes ago, Lance M said:

Lots of doom and gloom on the forum about this weekend's charts, but personally I'm loving it. It's rare to get a deep low centered down here in the South. Bring on the proper autumn conditions it'll bring this weekend 

Exactly, exciting weather for us enthusiasts!

• Like 4

Posted

I just hope we don’t get too much rain. A couple of rainy days is fine, but not a month of rain, with every 3rd day being a wet one.

Dry cold weather is the perfect opposite to hot summer weather. 

Posted
50 minutes ago, Earthshine said:

Met Office suggesting that we might have some lovely foggy Autumn conditions later next month.  Hopefully sunshine too.

A bit of autumn sunshine with some good nighttime fog would be great.  In the meantime I'm going to hunker down and enjoy the coming windy and wet spell.  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 hours ago, Earthshine said:

Met Office suggesting that we might have some lovely foggy Autumn conditions later next month.  Hopefully sunshine too.

has shown up on a few GFS runs post 300, but not on latest run the 12Z, just the usual boring rain and low pressure

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
5 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

I just hope we don’t get too much rain. A couple of rainy days is fine, but not a month of rain, with every 3rd day being a wet one.

With you on that one! Let's keep anything from between S and W to a minimum. I don't actually mind the showery northwesterlies in winter but after last autumn/winter - a dry one whether mild or preferably cold would do me fine. I'd like to actually spend some time outdoors and go for country walks that don't resemble complete quagmires. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
On 26/09/2020 at 19:38, AWD said:

Just put the heating on.  I can't remember the last time I went ahead and put the heating on in September!

I’ve put the heating on in September many times before, during cooler spells.

• Like 1

Posted
On 29/09/2020 at 17:34, qwertyK said:

image.thumb.png.c6a919cea120174e2d2e61896ac6387f.png

Some of the maxima my area has seen in the last few days (12C) and will see later this week would be typical of November, never mind late September and early October! Not really that cold over night, but still its looking like a much colder outlook. I thought it would be a mild month.

12/13°C maxima is very typical in October here. A bit below average for late September but nothing extreme. Weather app showing mostly 12/13°C maxima and rain/showers most days here. Normal October weather here.

Posted
6 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

I have a gut feeling will be in for another deluge until March like what happened last year.

• Like 1

Posted
On 26/09/2020 at 19:39, markyo said:

Loving this weather, so much more comfortable than recently, still shorts and a t shirt with a hoodie but certainly not cold by any means. Windows open mean a lovely fresh breeze in the house as well!

WoW!  Markyo needing a hoodie in September! Sounds like someone’s getting softer in thier old age.... Thought that hoodies were reserved for beast from the east weather...

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

First day this month that has been wet for a significant part of the day. It won't be the wettest day overall this month though as I had more rain last Thursday courtesy of some torrential downpours.

• Like 2

Posted
25 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

WoW!  Markyo needing a hoodie in September! Sounds like someone’s getting softer in thier old age.... Thought that hoodies were reserved for beast from the east weather...

The feline!  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
2 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

I’ve put the heating on in September many times before, during cooler spells.

I have had the heating on during the middle of summer before. I can recall having it on at some point during the summer of 2012. Very rare I have it on during the summer though.

Posted

I haven't minded the weather recently. I enjoyed the warm summery conditions we had, and the recent cooler spell as it was quite sunny here.
In my records this September was sunnier than August or the last 4 Septembers.

Might be some interesting conditions this weekend, although I could also just be stuck under a front with light/moderate rain here.

I'm glad we're getting variety though, because if high pressure goes on and on at this time of year, I can find it a bit boring (harder to get notable warmth or cold at this time of year).

We're heading towards the time of year where I most like a few wet/stormy lows too (traditional 'Autumn storms'). It's perhaps the best time for it, as there's less potential for other interesting conditions, before they then give way to the cold and snow of winter 

• Like 2

A rare non-summer appearance from me however its pretty to see over 100mm of rain forecast in less than 48hrs in these parts. Almost complete model consensus of a deluge, 75mm seems nailed on and could be getting on for 125mm in some places in south Devon, Dorset or Hants. While river flooding shouldn't be a problem given the dry September with leaves starting to come down wouldn't be surprised to see some extensive street flooding especially with those blocked drains....  

Posted
13 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

I have a gut feeling will be in for another deluge until March like what happened last year.

If that’s the case, roll on March. There’s nothing more boring than a damp wet winter. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I have a feeling this weekend is going to be up there with the rainfall events of 19th-22nd Nov 2016, 21st-24th Nov 2012, 23rd-25th Sept 2012 and 15th-16th Mar 2008.

• Like 2

Posted
13 hours ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

I have had the heating on during the middle of summer before. I can recall having it on at some point during the summer of 2012. Very rare I have it on during the summer though.

I actually had to put in on in July this year as I was freezing, only about 12°C outside at the time, absolutely atrocious July this year, in the north anyway, daytime temps around 3C below average, rainfall above average, sunshine below average. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 hour ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Only 181 days until 1st April.......

and still coronavirus and facing Wimbledon cancellation and all that crap!

Posted

red warning of  90  mph  plus winds  nw france  so things  could  get a bit blustry  here soon!!!

• Like 1

Posted

Nice crisp Autumn day today. Loving the new autumn picture at the top btw.

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 1