Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I’m not a fan of premature cold but today’s combination of cold feel and sparkling sunshine is just what I love later in the season, so it was almost like I’d been transported a month onwards...

Today actually reminded me of many winter days living in Madrid. Mid teens and sunny but a fresh wind at times.

• Like 2

Posted
48 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

3 months from now, I reckon warmer especially at night when the SW'ly is raging

Probably!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

00z ECM run gave lots of lovely autumn rain for me, 12z still interesting but less so. We had a lovely settled period of warm sunshine leading up to the Tuesday just gone, but now I'm fully in the mood for Gales and downpours. 

I've said it every year since, but hopefully this winter is like 2013/14, with a constant battering of deep lows right over the South.

Edited by Lance M
  • Like 4

Posted
3 hours ago, AWD said:

Just put the heating on.  I can't remember the last time I went ahead and put the heating on in September!

After spending a week away in Snowdonia, I returned home to the heating on.  When I left, we were still in the depths of summer.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
13 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

How many times do we need to hear the same thing from you? Lol

‘Windows are open, I’m still wearing shorts, lovely and fresh, so much more comfortable than recently’ 

Its almost like a checklist to be proud of.

Heres mine:

Heating on, windows closed after a few hours, fleece on, tracksuit bottoms on.

Shorts back in the wardrobe until next April or May. 

Sorry, forgot to put 2 fans on as well to my checklist....Your getting very good at this Trolling by the way!

I'm starting to get a hint that we may have different preferences when it comes to the weather we like!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Another terrible September day again. 11c, cloudy and strong winds. Very bad.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
1 minute ago, mb018538 said:

Another terrible September day again. 11c, cloudy and strong winds. Very bad.

Terrible September?...well Cambridge isn't too far from the south east corner of the country (if not in it) and until the last few days September has been good, dry and certainly warm, so terrible?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
18 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Terrible September?...well Cambridge isn't too far from the south east corner of the country (if not in it) and until the last few days September has been good, dry and certainly warm, so terrible?

Terrible September DAY... not the whole month. Big difference.

Posted
9 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Terrible September DAY... not the whole month. Big difference.

Thank you....the dangers of being misquoted! I said terrible day. We’ve had 5 absolute stinkers in a row now. Rest of the month has been decent of course, just a big drop that has been sustained!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
27 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

Thank you....the dangers of being misquoted! I said terrible day. We’ve had 5 absolute stinkers in a row now. Rest of the month has been decent of course, just a big drop that has been sustained!

Yeah sorry...agree, pretty woeful. Infact the last couple of days have been more akin to late November. Only a week or so ago 25c quite widely in the south east!

Posted

Another frigid September day, (yes its not that cold but for september and southeastern england it is and is especially so when you factor in the wind). Looking like a cool start to october too. The CET is coming right down. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale
20 hours ago, Lance M said:

00z ECM run gave lots of lovely autumn rain for me, 12z still interesting but less so. We had a lovely settled period of warm sunshine leading up to the Tuesday just gone, but now I'm fully in the mood for Gales and downpours. 

I've said it every year since, but hopefully this winter is like 2013/14, with a constant battering of deep lows right over the South.

Yes definitely.. if we can't get a cold snowy winter then give me a 13/14 or an 89/90 winter instead.. between now and next march stormy is indeed very seasonal.

Hope the rest of the autumn follows suit.  An October like 2000 and november like 2009 will do nicely

Note I wouldn't want to see people experiencing flooding issues, but I just appreciate this kind of weather

Edited by SummerShower
  • Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, SummerShower said:

Yes definitely.. if we can't get a cold snowy winter then give me a 13/14 or an 89/90 winter instead.. between now and next march stormy is indeed very seasonal.

Hope the rest of the autumn follows suit.  An October like 2000 and november like 2009 will do nicely

Note I wouldn't want to see people experiencing flooding issues, but I just appreciate this kind of weather

I would prefer a dry winter, even if it ends up being mild. Weeks of rain, with 2 or 3 days a week of rain and wind is a little depressing. It stops you from going outdoors, whereas dry and cold, or dry and mild doesn’t hamper outdoor activities as much. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

I dont mind anything but stormy winds, that is the worst weather this country throws at us. Just not fun at all - 13/14 was absolutely awful

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

been a cracking Sept here so far cool nights warm sunny days ..sunny and 23c today ..October looking similar well the first week anyway

• Like 1

Posted
On 28/09/2020 at 15:55, Josh Rubio said:

We aren’t expecting anything like the devastation the flooding caused in 2015 across West Yorkshire, are we?

Not at the moment, as it’s been very dry this month so far. If this pattern set in for an extended period then who knows. There may be some flooding issues in the next week, but I don’t think we’re looking at another Calder Valley disaster at the moment.

Posted

image.thumb.png.c6a919cea120174e2d2e61896ac6387f.png

Some of the maxima my area has seen in the last few days (12C) and will see later this week would be typical of November, never mind late September and early October! Not really that cold over night, but still its looking like a much colder outlook. I thought it would be a mild month.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

Lots of doom and gloom on the forum about this weekend's charts, but personally I'm loving it. It's rare to get a deep low centered down here in the South. Bring on the proper autumn conditions it'll bring this weekend 

• Like 7