Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Another summer like day here but this evenings got that feel to it that says a change is on the way  

Posted
4 hours ago, SummerShower said:

Yes, for this area this is definitely the best September spell for longevity for a number of years.. not record breaking temperatures, (although I believe we have a new date record for the 15th) just very sunny since 13th.  Looks like the same tomorrow but a massive change is on the cards after that

Maybe poor memory. Have you forgotten about 2018? And well even 2019 had exceptional sunny spell mid month more sunnier than this one in London.

Edited by Daniel*
  • Thanks 1

Posted
24 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Maybe poor memory. Have you forgotten about 2018? And well even 2019 had exceptional sunny spell mid month more sunnier than this one in London.

Remember Sat 21 Sept well last year, maxed out 24 degrees and a balmy southerly stiff breeze. Warmer than this year here.

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Just now, damianslaw said:

Remember Sat 21 Sept well last year, maxed out 24 degrees and a balmy southerly stiff breeze. Warmer than this year here.

Southerly breeze tomorrow could lift temps quite high? 26 degrees east of here, 23 degrees here if I'm lucky

Posted
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Southerly breeze tomorrow could lift temps quite high? 26 degrees east of here, 23 degrees here if I'm lucky

I don’t suspect I’ll see a warm chart like this for a long time.

48BE3296-16EF-4EF0-B625-4781C8304B55.thumb.jpeg.1d42a79311e7c9fe8e1bddf35e05ac91.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale
33 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

To me this current spell seems to be better.  Agreed last year was nice up until 21st but it didnt seem as warm generally.  I dont keep weather records so am going on memory

Posted
9 minutes ago, SummerShower said:

To me this current spell seems to be better.  Agreed last year was nice up until 21st but it didnt seem as warm generally.  I dont keep weather records so am going on memory

Well you can see for yourself the nights were quite cool. 

2019 Heathrow 

E76215FF-0907-4180-A275-420E236323E1.thumb.png.7f17b6fe772d66e09e642ae85294bcd4.png

C051D068-678A-4E7A-A67C-1E7988E2E6ED.thumb.png.21482bb44555f3f2d0e83a9528857a3c.png

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Perfect day here today with blues skies, light winds and 21c.

Some grand views over the Vale of York today and a few places were close to freezing this morning, especially in the Yorkshire Dales where skies remained clear for longest.

spacer.png   spacer.png

Edited by vizzy2004
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Another belter of a day here. Wall to wall sunshine and a high of 26°C

9 straight days of 22°C + isn't to be sniffed at!

• Like 1

Posted

A beautiful spell of weather here comes to an end tomorrow.

I will stick my neck out and say we won’t see 20+ degrees again until April 2021. 

I hope for everyone’s sanity we get a cold/snowy winter this year because it’s really going to be a struggle mentally with everything going on.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts
15 minutes ago, Azazel said:

I will stick my neck out and say we won’t see 20+ degrees again until April 2021. 

I hope for everyone’s sanity we get a cold/snowy winter this year because it’s really going to be a struggle mentally with everything going on.

Yes a brave statement especially in these days of topsy turvey temps.Just take not 20+ deg has been recorded as late as the 3rd week in November and early March.[we will forget about the one that just sneeked over in Feb last year]

• Like 2

Posted
18 minutes ago, Azazel said:

I'm going for some kind of record breaking temps during Dec Jan and Feb, maybe a highest ever temp for that certain date, or a highest ever Dec temp, or highest minimum, or longest run of double digit maxes in a winter season

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

I'm going for some kind of record breaking temps during Dec Jan and Feb, maybe a highest ever temp for that certain date, or a highest ever Dec temp, or highest minimum, or longest run of double digit maxes in a winter season

I’ve just got a feeling on my waters that we’ll have some record cold this year.

Then again I’ve said that before - just please not as wet as last year!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
2 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

Yeah, I hope for a very cold spell this winter. Less of the mild wet damp rubbish of last year. Cold dry and frosty would be great, with clear cold sunny days or even some cold cloudy ones.

Agreed - just not a wet one please! I don't think it's very popular on here but I quite like some of the bitterly cold cloudy days in winter, not too many, but a few can be quite cosy. Same goes for autumn.

If we can't get cold in though, mild and dry I'd take, especially if sunny.

Posted
7 hours ago, MP-R said:

Agreed - just not a wet one please! I don't think it's very popular on here but I quite like some of the bitterly cold cloudy days in winter, not too many, but a few can be quite cosy. Same goes for autumn.

If we can't get cold in though, mild and dry I'd take, especially if sunny.

Yeah, if I can’t get a cold one with chilly sunny days or cold cloudy ones, a dry mild one is the next best thing. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

I always try to enjoy days like these, and feel the warmth of the sun on my face.

A good seven months until these conditions are feasible again, barring a very unusual change in the outlook. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny!
2 hours ago, Turnedoutniceagain said:

Where's my Equinox gone?

image.thumb.png.793de740bd94b813a9bff5ea0c971d1d.png

Sunset is defined as the entire disk of the Sun being below the apparent horizon.  Since the Sun is a disk, and not a point source of light, part of the disk is above the horizon for a short while after the centre of the disk has already set.  Atmospheric refraction also causes the apparent altitude of the Sun above the horizon to be greater than its actual atltitude.  Atmospheric refraction, however, has significant spatial and temporal variation and thus is difficult to precisely predict (sunrise and sunsets times are approximations, albeit pretty good ones).  Atmospheric refraction and the simple geometry both increase the amount of the time the Sun is visible at a particular location on Earth's surface.

EDIT: Should probably add some references, here's a good start for those interested in how sunset and sunrise times are determined: http://www.icoproject.org/pdf/saifee_2106.pdf

Edited by Earthshine
  • Thanks 1

Posted

End of year, 2020 closing down sale weather Bingo starts now...  

Mark your cards when you see:

'Zonal'

'Atlantic

'Westerly

'Shortwave'

.... Bonus for 'Day 10'

First, 'Winter's Over' post wins the grand prize  

(Happy Autumnal Equinox) 

Posted

poor forecast today, was meant to be dry here from around 10am, but looks wet all day as system moving north, not SE like forecast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Pretty grotty here as expected. Steady light rain, 11.7 °C. At least the winds are light, so it doesn't feel too cold. It's not that gloomy either, considering. If we're lucky and get the odd glimmer of sun in the afternoon it might not feel too bad. Certainly nothing like the warmth we've had, though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Had some heavier bursts in that rain band but clearing up now with some sunshine. Certainly more September-like now than the last 10 days.