Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
5 hours ago, Nick L said:

Managed to get sunburned yesterday

My sympathies. I had sunburn all along my forearms and over my face during that hot spell at the end of July. Very sore it was and I was as red as a lobster. I am wearing sunscreen from now on as I don't want to risk that happening again. 

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

I ended up with sunburn on my legs during the warm weather in May this year and I rarely burn. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Yuk, another easterly breeze meaning more north sea mist, sunny mornings don't seem possible here with Easterly breeze, thankfully only 2 more days after today

Posted

Autumn is coming - looking quite cold even for late September. I recall we had a cold snap with similar Maxima but much lower minima for a couple of days after the 1st of October last year. This is Essex.

Screenshot_20200919-081044.png

Posted
15 hours ago, Nick L said:

Managed to get sunburned yesterday

I burn easily too. Back in my student days I used to work outside and needed lotion on from pretty much early March to early October. The sun has been strong this week though.

Posted
10 hours ago, Scorcher said:

I've always thought the clocks should go forward on the last weekend in February- or at the latest the first weekend in March. There really is no need to wait until the end of the month.

You'd notice the difference in the mornings though! Just as you'd escaped the darkness first thing you'd be plunged back into it for a couple of weeks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

A cool, crisp but sunny day again today, the cool nagging E'ly wind certainly belying the relatively mild 850hPa temps somewhat, I jogged into the city centre and back if only to stay warm!

Edited by Thundershine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Still 20°C at just before 10pm here. Don't expect I'll see much more of that this year.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
14 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Still 20°C at just before 10pm here. Don't expect I'll see much more of that this year.

not here, with horrible wind

Posted
16 hours ago, Alexis said:

You'd notice the difference in the mornings though! Just as you'd escaped the darkness first thing you'd be plunged back into it for a couple of weeks.

That wouldn't bother me at all and I believe the vast majority would be in favour of moving the clocks forward 3-4 weeks earlier.

I believe darkness in the morning is worth the sacrifice in order to have lighter evenings.

As others have said, the light in the morning would be exactly the same in early March as it is in early October- we manage absolutely fine on BST then.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Certainly the best second half to September forecast in quite a few years, looking fantastic. Proper Autumnal weather for a change!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale

It was exactly this time last year we had a similar change in the weather.. I wonder if that is an omen to another very wet October to December period and a snowless winter

Edited by SummerShower

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

another lovely day here. High teen maxima and barely a cloud in the sky. ?Sat out in the garden making the mos of it before we get plunged into the freezer next week.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
1 hour ago, East Lancs Rain said:

another lovely day here. High teen maxima and barely a cloud in the sky. ?Sat out in the garden making the mos of it before we get plunged into the freezer next week.

Meanwhile east of the Pennines here its been a dismal day weather wise. Max temp of 12c in Dalby Forest this afternoon with on and off drizzle and poor visibility at times.

Hoping for a better day tomorrow. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Been sunny all day in Leeds although its notable that the cool nights do seem to causing leaf fall and colour a bit earlier than many years (though we've had generally good years since 2016). 

Posted
19 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

A blinding day here! 25.2°C max and still 22°C now.

I’ve just spent a week in dorset and the weather has been stunning. Noticeably cooler here when I came back (still lovely though) Enjoy! 

Edited by Coopsy
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Autumn has arrived visually in Bristol. The weather is just taking time to catch up...

494C6782-9063-4850-A23F-67C16981B6BB.jpeg

F64227C1-C25B-4E5E-9C2F-D2B8B7BE14CE.jpeg

71BC7706-1238-4A5D-9724-6C4F5C704373.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted

Cloudy all day here too with a max of 15.7C. It should be better over the next couple of days without the onshore breeze.

Posted
5 hours ago, summer blizzard said:

Been sunny all day in Leeds although its notable that the cool nights do seem to causing leaf fall and colour a bit earlier than many years (though we've had generally good years since 2016). 

Yes I've noticed that but I don't think it's to do with cool nights- the nights haven't been that cool at all here for September so far. Interestingly I drove to Cheltenham from Anglesey around August 10th and on my drive through Wales and Shropshire I noticed some of the trees were looking slightly autumnal even then. I have a feeling it might have something to do with the very dry, warm spring. The leaves were also out much earlier than normal on a lot of trees.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale
2 hours ago, Damienfire said:

It’s been blue skies and sunny all week. Today and tomorrow are the last days of the good weather.

Yes, for this area this is definitely the best September spell for longevity for a number of years.. not record breaking temperatures, (although I believe we have a new date record for the 15th) just very sunny since 13th.  Looks like the same tomorrow but a massive change is on the cards after that