Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
2 hours ago, BruenSryan said:

If the UK hits at least 30C during this spell, it'll be the first time that every month from June to September has had an absolute max of at least 30.0C somewhere in the UK since 1949 presumably (cannot 100% confirm this due to limited data at hand). 2005 almost did it but missed by a few tenths of a degree in September and May that year also had 31.4C. Other years that come to mind are 1911 and 1949 which successfully achieved the 30C in every month from June to September whilst 1933, similar to 2005, missed the mark somewhat in September.

1947 (and possibly 1868) is the only year in recorded history that 30.0C or more has been observed somewhere in the UK every month from May to September although as previously mentioned, 2005 almost achieved this too. 

Pretty sure i checked a few weeks and 2006 sounds about right.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and warm, sunny summers
27 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

Pretty sure i checked a few weeks and 2006 sounds about right.

August 2006 failed to reach 30.0C, the first August to do so since 1993. So another near miss like 1933 and 2005.

Edited by BruenSryan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Thankfully its looking like that dirty unseasonable continental air will have gone by mid week week to be replaced by a much better fresher pattern. Cooler nights, dry, pleasant sunshine, not bad at all for a Autumnal September. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.
On 11/09/2020 at 17:59, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

I would guess the warmer the weather, the less spread of the virus, we all love snow/cold, but I reckon that will increase chances of getting the virus/spreads way more

it’s very interesting you say that how other countries like Brazil India Bangladesh and many other hot countries The virus is spreading rapidly the tropical hot conditions have had halted the spread of COVID-19

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.
On 11/09/2020 at 12:06, Summer Sun said:

this is interesting because if you look at the winter update from gav’s with the with the sea surface temperatures in the Nina region of showing Lanina conditions 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

Hasn't even reached 20°C here yet. Tuesday looking cloudy and much cooler now in forecasts too. Bit of a non event up here aye.

Edited by Thundershine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
23 minutes ago, Thundershine said:

Hasn't even reached 20°C here yet. Tuesday looking cloudy and much cooler now in forecasts too. Bit of a non event up here aye.

Thankfully!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Blimey. I've never seen the trees so far advanced into brown this far south this early. Walking around Saltram national trust this morning, the grounds are about a month ahead compared to normal years. Horse chestnut rust is very advanced, bit even the oaks/plane/ beech are very advanced and gone at the crown now. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

A return of summer here although it’s a bit on the breezy side. 

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
20 minutes ago, philglossop said:

Blimey. I've never seen the trees so far advanced into brown this far south this early. Walking around Saltram national trust this morning, the grounds are about a month ahead compared to normal years. Horse chestnut rust is very advanced, bit even the oaks/plane/ beech are very advanced and gone at the crown now. 

Aren’t the horse chestnuts suffering a disease at the moment? The ones round here turn in early August nearly every year, and this year we’re turning in July.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
35 minutes ago, RJBingham said:

Taken half a hour ago, lovely.

13092020.jpg

Looks great.....just one thing though.....where is it ?

(Location) all member have name, gender and location, so come January when your photo shows the opposite with a foot of snow, you can boast in saying I’ve got more snow than you and we’ll know what part of the country your in

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Looks great.....just one thing though.....where is it ?

(Location) all member have name, gender and location, so come January when your photo shows the opposite with a foot of snow, you can boast in saying I’ve got more snow than you and we’ll know what part of the country your in

Opps, Somersham Cambridgeshire, probably no snow pics though, we don't really do snow around here   

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Clear blue skies, nice breeze and about 21 degrees. Perfect weather. ☀️ Even I'm in my shorts and t-shirt today and I get cold easily.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
23 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

I was watching the cricket from Manchester on TV earlier and the cameras picked out the sunset in the West. About 7pm. Quite stunning. Reminded me of my old Stranglers t shirt Rattus Norveigicus. Being the old punk I am.

just won the cricket

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Nearly 26c here today and clear blue skies...personally had enough of this type weather as we had large swathes of it back in April and May and occasionally in the less than impressive Summer months.

As another possible lockdown approaches we'll go back to dry, sunny warm conditions though I'd much rather we have cooler weather and like to see the near continent cool down.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
26 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Yes. Great to see the Aussies collapsing in a heap. I reckon 63 for 8 at the end. Let's hope the weather is good in Manchester for the decider on Wednesday!

certainly no weather probs Wed, may be chilly for whoever bats 2nd mind you, but no rain

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
12 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Nearly 26c here today and clear blue skies...personally had enough of this type weather as we had large swathes of it back in April and May and occasionally in the less than impressive Summer months.

As another possible lockdown approaches we'll go back to dry, sunny warm conditions though I'd much rather we have cooler weather and like to see the near continent cool down.

I agree. Whilst I have enjoyed the hot spells (as well as the thunderstorms) we have had during the summer, I am more than ready for something more autumnal now since we are in the middle of September. I feel the same way from the middle of March whenever winter begins to outstay its welcome.
I hope we do have a decent autumn this year though. And none of that anticyclonic gloom rubbish.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91

Posted
8 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Anyone have a feeling we're in another one of htese "blocking" patterns? Hardly rained here. I mean if we got some northern blocking in winter or late autumn this would be a perfect scenario, but no doubt it will just be mild and wet. 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

I agree. Whilst I have enjoyed the hot spells (as well as the thunderstorms) we have had during the summer, I am more than ready for something more autumnal now since we are in the middle of September. 
I hope we do have a decent autumn this year though. And none of that anticyclonic gloom rubbish.

bbc weather and weather.com appear to differentiate for my area, both show the final week markedly cooler, but tempreatures are varying, as low as 14C on some days by BBC with the lowest on Weather.com being 16C. And what do you mean last autumn wasn't decent? I found last autumn to be one of the best. Was pretty cool. Lots of frost as the months progressed. Though even though the tempreatures may not have dropped yet, the trees are looking autumnal much earlier than last year. Worth pointing out last september we also had quite a few warm days in the later days of the month. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

I'll be ready for something more autumnal once we're into October. Making the most of the last remnants of summer in September.

• Like 2