Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

The humidity here has/is quite something! My glasses misted up when I got out of the work car XD! Must say, it's not overly unbearable when one climatises to it and the alternatives are considered.

Posted
42 minutes ago, markyo said:

Whining!...that's so rich coming from you!!!! Wow kettle calling pot black on that one! Any day its not your ideal summers day your at it!

You do whinge. Anytime its over 23c, all we hear from you is 'its too hot' or 'this is uncomfortable and vile'.

Not everyone wants 12-19c during the peak summer months.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
12 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Anytime its over 23c, all we hear from you is 'its too hot' or 'this is uncomfortable and vile'.

mmm..ok that's what Mr Trump would call fake news. Please quote me on that one.

Edited by markyo
  • Like 1

Posted

Ironically, it's all the whingers acusing each other of being whingers!

I wish you'd all get it into your heads that everybody has different likes and dislikes and there's f all you can do about it.

Edited by Wynter
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

I thought the whining about it being too warm would be left back in the summer thread. 

Something I’ve noticed here this evening is it’s felt cooler with the increased cloud cover yet the temperatures higher than it was when the sun was out earlier. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
1 hour ago, markyo said:

Whining!...that's so rich coming from you!!!! Wow kettle calling pot black on that one! Any day its not your ideal summers day your at it!

Lol pipe down, you do make me giggle. It was tongue in cheek. I expect full on toy throwing from you next Monday/Tuesday.

You fail to realise that we both dislike the weather today, for different reasons... you the humidity, and me the cloud/drizzle. I'm much more ambivalent to what the weather does now that summer has passed, and winter has a loooong time to arrive yet. Obviously, sunshine would be preferable...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
24 minutes ago, Wynter said:

I wish you'd all get it into your heads that everybody has different likes and dislikes and there's f all you can do about it.

I must admit though, the little squabbles that Sunny and Markyo have are certainly a great source of entertainment. Who needs Netflix when you can just come on to here?  

• Like 4

Posted
4 minutes ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

I must admit though, the little squabbles that Sunny and Markyo have are certainly a great source of entertainment. Who needs Netflix when you can just come on to here?  

Sunny v Marky. A new series. 

Season 2 :Autumn is coming 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Quite a nice day in the end here in Worcs. A bit murky in the morning, and again now, but the lunchtime period was warm and there was sun here and there. Low 20s and although a bit humid, not impossibly so. I won't complain about this at this time of year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
9 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Sunny v Marky. A new series. 

Season 2 :Autumn is coming 

Summer coming hopefully on EC

ECM1-144.GIF?08-0ECM1-168.GIF?08-0ECM1-192.GIF?08-0

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Bit too humid today. And next week looks horrible. 

Thankfully next few nights look a bit fresher.

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, DAVID SNOW said:

What! A warm spell in September, my God who would have thunk that.

Fairly customary at some point in September, though the current model predictions are suggesting something substantively warmer than usual, synoptic wise though not unusual really. Would be good to have one last dose of proper warmth before the sunshine and light levels begin to wane rapidly. Can of course still have very warm weather in October, mid 20s even but by then the weaker sun and lower light levels diminish the warm effect. Mid September just about right side of the divide. 

Here low 20s perhaps best we can expect, still very decent indeed, much better than nearly whole of July delivered.

Posted
3 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Fairly customary at some point in September, though the current model predictions are suggesting something substantively warmer than usual, synoptic wise though not unusual really. Would be good to have one last dose of proper warmth before the sunshine and light levels begin to wane rapidly. Can of course still have very warm weather in October, mid 20s even but by then the weaker sun and lower light levels diminish the warm effect. Mid September just about right side of the divide. 

Here low 20s perhaps best we can expect, still very decent indeed, much better than nearly whole of July delivered.

Yes, mid September seems to be around the last time you can really enjoy the very warm or hot weather, before the nights really draw in.  

Posted
3 hours ago, Wynter said:

This summer for the cool fans has been the equivalent of 1963 for a snow fan. Endless wet cold craap for 2 and a half months except for 6 days in August and 1 day in July. So it's just annoying that there is finally a day I can be outside comfortably for the first time in 30 days and the thread is full of complainers.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
8 hours ago, Snowy L said:

This summer for the cool fans has been the equivalent of 1963 for a snow fan. Endless wet cold craap for 2 and a half months except for 6 days in August and 1 day in July. So it's just annoying that there is finally a day I can be outside comfortably for the first time in 30 days and the thread is full of complainers.

Really? 32c breached in all Three summer months ( possibly even September as well) reaches 38c on  One occasion and 6-7 days of 34c+ in August, this is also after a long sunny warm spring. Summer cold fans winter 1963 equivalent? I can admit there has been cooler weather too but that’s a bit like saying winter 17/18 is the winter fans equivalent of summer of 76. And by the way, I like hot weather too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 hour ago, Summer Sun said:

not looking likely on models, EC and GFS? to me just looks like a one off warm day on Monday, Tues 16C max, Wed 14C max on 06Z

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Gfs pushes that warmth away on Tues, thankfully,though of  course the warmth could last longer.I say thankfully because I want autumn weather. Perhaps 'victory' in this instance for autumn lovers......

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
15 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

not looking likely on models, EC and GFS? to me just looks like a one off warm day on Monday, Tues 16C max, Wed 14C max on 06Z

It doesn't mention the UK specifically - the higher temps are further east into Europe.