Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
9 hours ago, MP-R said:

Every year I look for the first day that fails to reach 15C to welcome in autumn. Today came very very close maxing out at 15.3C. Incidentally, June 18th was a cold day at only 15.6C with rain for most of it. 

Last year it took until October 2nd and in 2018 September 22nd was the first day to not reach 15C.

I don't expect to see a 15c high until late September/October. The average high doesn't fall to 15.0c until 22 October.

For here:

2019: 2 Oct

2018: 22 Sep

2017: 30 Aug !!!

2016: 10 Oct

2015: 21 Sep

2014: 6 Oct

2013: 14 Sep

2012: 23 Sep

2011: 8 Oct

2010: 24 Sep

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
26 minutes ago, B87 said:

I don't expect to see a 15c high until late September/October. The average high doesn't fall to 15.0c until 22 October.

For here:

Similar dates to here, other than 2010 which was 25th August and 2017 came very close on 09th August!

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

First dates of not reaching 15c here were

2019 Sept 30th                                              2018 sept 20th                                              2017 sept 13th                                              2016 sept 3rd                                                 2015 oct 8th                                                  2014 oct 4th                                                   2013 sept 7th                                                2012 sept 11th

Edited by sundog

Posted
9 minutes ago, marky810 said:

Wow, had a couple of July days here that failed to reach the teens.

I think a comparable noteworthy figure near the east cost would be single figure max, below 15C is a frequent occurrence in any month here. (including today 12C)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

That mark here is usually a October-February feature (<15C). Last Autumn was especially notable for a lack of warm maxima albeit minima were nothing special. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.
1 hour ago, 4wd said:

I think a comparable noteworthy figure near the east cost would be single figure max, below 15C is a frequent occurrence in any month here. (including today 12C)

Impressive, what's you elevation?

Posted

Today up in the Derbyshire Peak District had a max of 11.5c so the sub-15 barrier has easily been smashed.

It's always strange when I go back to France at the end of August - often leaving in some pretty autumnal weather - and have to reacquaint myself with the idea of another 4-6 weeks of summer. The difference in climate between the French Alps and north west of England seems greatest at this time of year.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

Sub-15°C highs happen here until about mid-June and even in July and August.

Edited by Thundershine
  • Like 1

Posted
On 28/08/2020 at 09:57, B87 said:

For here:

Meanwhile in the Cotswolds

image.thumb.png.2332db77c14b9dad45383eb63a78d00a.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Definitely felt like autumn the last few days here. Even on Monday when it was sunny it felt chilly in the shade. Today is awful, 13C, thick cloud and just started raining. Is it October?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Just started raining here. What happened to that forecast for a dry, sunny weekend?

Posted

Had my first autumn pang today, this evening to be exact.

A clear crisp sky, very sharp but lower light and a cool fresh quality to the air. The previous dull days in August have still felt humid at times but there’s something about northerlies that change the overall appearance and feel of the day.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Thankfully no Indian Summer on the cards still this Autumn, long way to go though but no hint of any sustained heat returning. Very nice in deed!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

First half of September looks very par for the course in London. Temps, rainfall and sunshine all looking very normal.

https://www.weatheronline.co.uk/weather/maps/city?LANG=en&CEL=C&SI=mph&CONT=ukuk&LAND=UK&REGION=0003&WMO=03772&LEVEL=51&R=0&NOREGION=1

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

Got down to 5.1c here last night.

Not often I get temps below 6c here in August ,sometimes doesn't even get that low in Septembers here.

Posted
3 hours ago, markyo said:

Thankfully no Indian Summer on the cards still this Autumn, long way to go though but no hint of any sustained heat returning. Very nice in deed!

I’m hoping we get a week or so of 24-27c days. We need another sunny spell of weather.

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, sundog said:

Got down to 5.1c here last night.

Not often I get temps below 6c here in August ,sometimes doesn't even get that low in Septembers here.

No doubt It’ll be warmer in January and February the way our winters are 

• Like 1

Posted

My flat has gone from being too warm in mid August, to being quite chilly. It’s now 17c in the living room. Back to April, early May temps. I think the heating will be going on in a few weeks time if these cool days continue.

Posted

Almost as cold as my all time August record set in 2012. Minimum of 6C. Not often one registers 34C and 6C in the same month.

Lovely day one bit certainly an autumnal feel.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Welcome old friend Autumn, may your stay be full of misty cool fresh mornings filled with that marvellous light that is the hallmark of such a fantastic season. Can't wait for that first front door opening and feeling that gloriously invigorating clean air..perfection.

• Like 4