Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
18 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Ahhh yes crane flies. The ones that are always flying around the kitchen with legs missing etc

I quite like them - they're really clumsy when they get indoors..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
1 minute ago, Sunny76 said:

Saw a false widow this morning in the corridor. Decided to spray it with disinfectant, and killed it stone dead!

No way I’m touching that!

Yes I’ve heard that they can give you a nasty bite. Are they the ones with the big round abdomen and little legs?

Posted
9 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I quite like them - they're really clumsy when they get indoors..

It must definitely be crane flies that I’m getting then, and not daddy long legs spiders. When you mentioned spiders I got slightly worried as I thought I might have flying spiders in my bathroom!  

Posted
3 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Yes I’ve heard that they can give you a nasty bite. Are they the ones with the big round abdomen and little legs?

It was dark looking, so I’m not taking risks. It won’t kill you, but I don’t like touching spiders. 

Posted

Well it’s bright and sunny here this morning but there’s definitely a chill in the air. Only 17/18C maximum forecast today here, and tommorows forecast looks like Armageddon! After that, settling down and turning drier for the weekend but a return of chilly nights again.

Posted
3 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

It must definitely be crane flies that I’m getting then, and not daddy long legs spiders. When you mentioned spiders I got slightly worried as I thought I might have flying spiders in my bathroom!  

They need to make a horror film about flying spiders. Just imagine how terrifying that would be lol. 

• Like 1

Posted

Temp in the bedroom has plummeted overnight from 21 last night to 18 this morning now that I’ve opened the window! At least it feels fresh.

Posted
Just now, East Lancs Rain said:

Well it’s bright and sunny here this morning but there’s definitely a chill in the air. Only 17/18C maximum forecast today here, and tommorows forecast looks like Armageddon! After that, settling down and turning drier for the weekend but a return of chilly nights again.

Yes, the first taste of autumn usually coincides with the late August bank holiday, although last year it was hot over the weekend, and also in 2017. Still hopeful we will get a week or warm or hot days in the first half of September, before it turns cooler. 

• Like 1

Posted

Lovely sunny day here today but I can definitely feel that “Autumn chill” in the air. Probably one of the last nice days for a while especially with How bad tomorrow looks. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Autumn has definitely started here..woke up to a slight frost yesterday morning..all tress are already turning..night time temps are now beginning to drop into low single figures on a regular basis.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

I often think August has an autumn feel about it. Certainly over the last 20yrs or so. August used to be a true summer month.... I suppose this August had that feel about it at the beginning,  but certainly not now. It would be nice to have a benign autumn for once, frosty nights and windy (not gale force) days, with some rainy days chucked in for good measure.  

What I suspect will happen though, is one storm after another right the way through until February knowing our luck. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny!

Think I've had my fill of warm summer nights now.  Looking forward to cool, clear evenings and warm sunny days that are common in September.  

• Like 1

Posted
48 minutes ago, SteveB said:

August used to be a true summer month.... I suppose this August had that feel about it at the beginning, 

Yes, a true summer month in Spain!

Posted

Well it's a clear sunny day here but it feels more like what we had back in April - very warm sat in direct sunlight out of the breeze, but very chilly in the shade.

Posted
1 hour ago, SteveB said:

I often think August has an autumn feel about it. Certainly over the last 20yrs or so. August used to be a true summer month.... I suppose this August had that feel about it at the beginning,  but certainly not now. It would be nice to have a benign autumn for once, frosty nights and windy (not gale force) days, with some rainy days chucked in for good measure.  

What I suspect will happen though, is one storm after another right the way through until February knowing our luck. 

This august definitely had a summer feel about it, until around the 17th, but since this past weekend, the nights are now getting longer and there's a distinct freshness in the air. The humid stuff was still around up to last friday, but the last couple of days feels a bit different. Still warm in the sun, but the feel of autumn is creeping in now.

August has always felt like a transitional summer month, even many years ago.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Summer18 said:

Lovely sunny day here today but I can definitely feel that “Autumn chill” in the air. Probably one of the last nice days for a while especially with How bad tomorrow looks. 

Yes it's like April or March, warm in the sun but chilly in the shade.

Posted
1 minute ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Well it's a clear sunny day here but it feels more like what we had back in April - very warm sat in direct sunlight out of the breeze, but very chilly in the shade.

Yes, its back to where we were in April or early May, but still slightly warmer now.

Posted
33 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Yes it's like April or March, warm in the sun but chilly in the shade.

Yes definitely feels like that, big difference compared to June (not like we had much sun in June) haha 

• Like 1

Posted

Best period for sunny weather this year was April to early June, and the two week hot period in August. Apart from the few days in late June and a couple of hot days in late July, that makes summer 2020 pretty average to poor. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

GFS 12Z been on the sherry! FI but never in the world

Guess the GFS has been on the booze a bit earlier today then!

Posted
2 hours ago, Weatherman_93 said:

Nice to finally see some green coming through on my very parched lawn.

Guess you must live in the desert south then, grass has been lush and green here all summer, and all the woodland paths round here are muddy due to the wet summer we’ve had up here.

• Like 1