Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted

I think it’s a bit premature to be wishing for autumn weather. 

We’ve barely had a large amount of decent summer weather, and August the last time I checked, was a summer month.

I really hope it doesn’t cool off until the early or even middle part of September.

• Like 3

Posted

I've lost my excitement for the heat this year. Not looking forward to the +30°c later this week.

I find myself daydreaming about eating toffee apples in the evening while wrapped up snug in temperatures of 0° and waking up to early morning mists.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

After the horrendous heat and sweatfest of yesterday, the hill fog has rolled in. :oldgood::oldgrin:

In fact it was yesterday evening, when I saw the first patch of mist starting to form on the side of the hills. 

The season of mists and mellow fruitfulness is almost upon us. :yahoo:

3837C2EC-25FB-47AE-AE6A-7FBDE48FF22E.jpeg

5192E29B-85C0-4308-A193-3AD819F81E5A.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

I find it really annoying when the BBC forecast is harping on about England and Wales will be hot and sunny but NI and Scotland will be cooler with cloud , well guess what I live in England and yesterday was cloudy all day and today is similar,there is no heatwave across England , it's localised in the south

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
2 hours ago, Spurry said:

I find it really annoying when the BBC forecast is harping on about England and Wales will be hot and sunny but NI and Scotland will be cooler with cloud , well guess what I live in England and yesterday was cloudy all day and today is similar,there is no heatwave across England , it's localised in the south

Strange that. Plenty of sunshine here today and I’m about 20 miles up the road from you.

Posted
On 04/08/2020 at 12:10, Sunny76 said:

We’ve barely had a large amount of decent summer weather, and August the last time I checked, was a summer month.

I really hope it doesn’t cool off until the early or even middle part of September.

Exactly what I was thinking! It’s been autumn weather for most of the summer so far here! Only this week has it actually warmed up above 20 degrees but even then it’s been mostly cloudy with a little dampness at times.

These autumn lovers sure do have it good, considering we live in a country where it’s basically autumn weather most of the time, especially the further north and west you go. Have you checked out the climate for Stornaway? It’s basically like a year round autumn lol. There’s no better place if you like cloud, wind and rain and 8-16C temps year round. The winter just gone was like a permanent November.

Edited by East Lancs Rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold
2 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Strange that. Plenty of sunshine here today and I’m about 20 miles up the road from you.

still cloudy here ,yet 3-4 miles away in St Helens it looks sunny

Posted
12 minutes ago, Spurry said:

still cloudy here ,yet 3-4 miles away in St Helens it looks sunny

Clouded up here too. Still pleasantly warm though.

364CBFE6-0125-49BE-A42C-0CB64559E858.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted

Up until this week it’s been a poor summer here, hoping for an Indian Summer.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Exactly what I was thinking! It’s been autumn weather for most of the summer so far here! Only this week has it actually warmed up above 20 degrees but even then it’s been mostly cloudy with a little dampness at times.

These autumn lovers sure do have it good, considering we live in a country where it’s basically autumn weather most of the time, especially the further north and west you go. Have you checked out the climate for Stornaway? It’s basically like a year round autumn lol. There’s no better place if you like cloud, wind and rain and 8-16C temps year round. The winter just gone was like a permanent November.

That’s why I’m loving this current heatwave, if only to hear the autumn damp weather people moan about how ‘vile’ it is, or ‘this is very worrying and dangerously hot’ when in reality, it’s only a few days to a week of exceptional hot weather. 

Scotland is a nice place to visit, plenty of space and loads of lovely countryside, but I couldn’t live there because of the cool and damp weather.

Edited by Sunny76
  • Like 1

Posted
On 12/07/2020 at 14:41, Sunny76 said:

I still have faith we will have our best summer weather this year in August. Think I may have predicted it, but can’t remember now lol. I predicted July would be the stinker month of 2020, and so far it really is. 

Also, I’m still confident August will produce a widespread thundery plume event.

Well done you called it 

• Like 2

Posted
5 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

Scotland is a nice place to visit, plenty of space and loads of lovely countryside, but I couldn’t live there because of the cool and damp weather.

Oh I could.  My long term plan is to move to Scotland.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

I must say there are subtle signs of autumn I was going past some blackberry bush the other day and lots of the berries are now fully right even spiders are starting to appear in the house I really do hope that we get a proper autumn this year with cold and frosty mornings and some storms to boot

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
9 hours ago, Don said:

Very sensible, if you don’t like warm summers. A lot less people, too ??

• Like 1

Posted
12 hours ago, Don said:

The NE of Scotland is a lot sunnier and warmer than people think 

Posted
On 05/08/2020 at 08:50, Wynter said:

I've lost my excitement for the heat this year. Not looking forward to the +30°c later this week.

I find myself daydreaming about eating toffee apples in the evening while wrapped up snug in temperatures of 0° and waking up to early morning mists.

I used to love September in the Canadian Rockies. It was still warm generally high teens, low 20’s. But as September progressed the first snows would appear on the mountain tops, and every few days the snow would get lower down the mountains. The air turned crisper, the trees more yellow and red until finally we had the first snows in the town. Magical.

Here’s a pic I took - if you’re dreaming of snowy days (like I do daily lol)  

6346DD96-DF6F-48FF-B9A7-F397554785CC.jpeg

Edited by Coopsy
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
15 hours ago, Coopsy said:

Well done you called it 

I feel like Mr Bridger from The Italian Job, at the end of the film, when they all applaud him in the prison. 

I don’t think there’s a Gif for it, or if anyone even knows the scene I’m talking about lol.

• Like 1

Posted
13 hours ago, Don said:

Yes, I read that. If it works for you, I would say go for it. Plus if you work remotely, you can pretty much live anywhere.

I would trade west London for Eastbourne or somewhere outside the city, but for the time being work commitments keep me here. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
3 hours ago, syed2878 said:

I must say there are subtle signs of autumn I was going past some blackberry bush the other day and lots of the berries are now fully right even spiders are starting to appear in the house I really do hope that we get a proper autumn this year with cold and frosty mornings and some storms to boot

It still feels like summer, but the darkness is arriving at 9pm instead of 9.30 a couple of weeks ago. 

I think by the time we reach the bank holiday week of late August, this will be the first period of early autumn weather, even when it’s hot, the nights start to feel cooler then. 

Posted
51 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

I feel like Mr Bridger from The Italian Job, at the end of the film, when they all applaud him in the prison. 

I don’t think there’s a Gif for it, or if anyone even knows the scene I’m talking about lol.

I couldn’t find a gif but found this...

F45CB167-30B8-4F56-94CA-A5A48821FB76.jpeg

Posted
7 hours ago, Coopsy said:

I couldn’t find a gif but found this...

F45CB167-30B8-4F56-94CA-A5A48821FB76.jpeg

That’s the one lol.

The irony with this scene is, he thinks he’s on a home run, but Micheal Caine and his lads have screwed up on the mountain. 

I will predict a mild start to the winter, with zero chance of a white Christmas, but after that ........

• Like 1

Posted

Had a lovely weekend in the Black Mountains, scorching hot, but Autumn was there if you knew where to look.

Blackberries, Lords 'n' Ladies, whinberries on the hills, a purple carpet of heather for miles. Hazelnuts and conkers on the trees, Mountain Ash dripping with berries, hawthorn and blackthorn well on their way too.

Nearly there folks, three weeks to go

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety
On 04/08/2020 at 12:10, Sunny76 said:

I'm not wishing for autumn weather, but I am wishing for a cooldown. This weather is useless, too hot to do anything useful outside. It can be decent without being extreme, there is such a thing as a happy medium.

• Like 2