Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
38 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Hoping for a mild/warm Autumn and a mild, snowless winter to follow.

But why would you wish something like that!?! I can't believe you can't see the beauty in a snow covered countryside or city .. 

You are missing out, big time. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, mathematician said:

But why would you wish something like that!?! I can't believe you can't see the beauty in a snow covered countryside or city .. 

I like warm weather and despise cold and snow. Anything below 23 degrees is too cold for me.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny!
4 minutes ago, mathematician said:

It's cold and unpleasant to be in.  Looks pretty initially though.

• Like 4

Posted
8 minutes ago, mathematician said:

Everybody's different. It's the one thing that people find hard to grasp on this forum and on the internet full stop!

If people would just except that we all have different preferences weather wise, this forum would be a far more cheerful place. And would probably stop all the tit for tat coldly vs mildly nonsense that happens constantly on here too.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
59 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Hoping for a mild/warm Autumn and a mild, snowless winter to follow.

Totally with you regarding a warm autumn, Az: the warmer the better, for me! But, once December arrives, non-stop snow is always my favourite weather... Then the heatwaves can return in time for February...?:yahoo:

Edited by General Cluster
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots
7 minutes ago, Earthshine said:

It's cold and unpleasant to be in.  Looks pretty initially though.

Agreed. 

I'm with Azazel in wishing for a mild (and preferably stormy) autumn and winter. 2013/14 was perfect: storm after storm, and probably the most interesting lengthy period of weather I've seen in this country (not saying I enjoy seeing people get flooded or injured/dying from high winds though). 

Winter time sees me staying out of the model thread as it becomes a desperate game of finding the next snow event. A bit like myself in the summer trying to find the next plume!

• Like 4

Posted
10 minutes ago, Wynter said:

Everybody's different. It's the one thing that people find hard to grasp on this forum and on the internet full stop!

If people would just except that we all have different preferences weather wise, this forum would be a far more cheerful place. And would probably stop all the tit for tat coldly vs mildly nonsense that happens constantly on here too.

I fall into the category of ‘warm’ weather fans. But, I don’t like mild winters. I like cold clear or cold crisp and cloudy conditions in winter, while preferring warm or hot and sunny conditions in summer. 

I don’t like the cloudy conditions in summer  or mild wet weather in winter. The one thing I despise is rain for long periods.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
19 minutes ago, Azazel said:

I like warm weather and despise cold and snow. Anything below 23 degrees is too cold for me.

Your living in the wrong country then. Lol. Christ ,anything below 23c,are you that sensitive? Lol

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny!

If every winter month was like February 2019 I'd be happy!  I just find months of cold, grey and dark weather really takes a toll on my mental health.  I find myself having far less energy and motivation than I do during the spring and summer.

• Like 3

Posted
6 minutes ago, sundog said:

Your living in the wrong country then. Lol. Christ ,anything below 23c,are you that sensitive? Lol

Yes. I find you can't really do anything when the weather is below 23 degrees because it's too cold and sleeping becomes difficult.

Posted
12 minutes ago, sundog said:

I think hes pointing out the fact, this country for more than half of the year, is usually either cold or just mild, with long periods of damp nothing type weather. Daytime temps below 16c isn't warm, and while 23c doesn't feel cold, to have a number of days or weeks where the temp fails to reach or top 23c in high summer is still quite poor.

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Yes. I find you can't really do anything when the weather is below 23 degrees because it's too cold and sleeping becomes difficult.

But for real? In this case I suppose you can never do anything in this country and your are constantly sleep deprived. 

Dubai would be a better choice for you 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Everyone is different eh!

I love the heat, but don’t really enjoy those humid sultry nights when it doesn’t drop below say 19-22c. Far too sticky for insulated UK houses designed to trap heat. I don’t bother with AC as we get so few nights a year in that bracket it’s not worth worrying about. 

Maybe in 40 years time when I’m old and wrinkly and if GW carries on at this pace I’ll  need it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.
28 minutes ago, Azazel said:

First time I've heard someone describe 22C as "too cold" before. Re sleeping, myriad research indicates sleeping in temperatures of 15-18C can be beneficial for one's physical and mental health.

Edited by Relativistic
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
25 minutes ago, Relativistic said:

First time I've heard someone describe 22C as "too cold" before. Re sleeping, myriad research indicates sleeping in temperatures of 15-18C can be beneficial for one's physical and mental health.

Yep, 18-20C is widely accepted as being a healthy temperature to set a thermostat too.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
1 hour ago, General Cluster said:

I'd hate to be a thermostat, in a house shared by @markyo and @Azazel!:shok:

It wouldn't be able to cope. Would most likely explode. 
I imagine there'd be quite a few arguments too, if those two were living together.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
8 minutes ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

It wouldn't be able to cope. Would most likely explode. 
I imagine there'd be quite a few arguments too, if those two were living together.

But the Daily Excreta would love it: Weather Enthusiast Explodes!:bomb::gathering:

Edited by General Cluster
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots
1 hour ago, Azazel said:

You would've rolled your eyes big time (I did too) at a Facebook post from Isle of Wight Radio on a recent Sunday. They did a poll asking if 21C was 'too hot' for a roast dinner. 40% of Joe Public said yes!

I've eaten roast dinners in The Gambia at 33C with 100% humidity courtesy of staying with my girlfriend's aunt out there - still managed it.

Edited by Lance M
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.
1 hour ago, Lance M said:

You would've rolled your eyes big time (I did too) at a Facebook post from Isle of Wight Radio on a recent Sunday. They did a poll asking if 21C was 'too hot' for a roast dinner. 40% of Joe Public said yes!

I've eaten roast dinners in The Gambia at 33C with 100% humidity courtesy of staying with my girlfriend's aunt out there - still managed it.

I think a lot of people answering yes won't be answering like that because they can't "handle" it. I could have a roast dinner in the summer months -- indeed I have many times -- but I don't associate it with hot weather, and hence would rather have something else. So my answer to that question probably would be a yes. It's also much easier to say no to that question if you aren't the one cooking it; being around an oven for a couple of hours in a well-insulated British house on a warm Summer's day is something the majority of Brits would likely break a sweat over.

Edited by Relativistic
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
7 hours ago, General Cluster said:

Trust me the stat wouldn't last long...on the wall anyway! A trip may be needed to A&E by one of us for the aforesaid stat removal..

• Like 2

Posted
7 hours ago, General Cluster said:

If we shared a house I’d get on better with mark never thought I’d say that. I hate warm nights in London even this below average weather, is warm and humid. Cool evenings in midsummer are not a thing in London not had a night in single figures this month. 

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Daniel* said:

If we shared a house I’d get on better with mark never thought I’d say that. I hate warm nights in London even this below average weather, is warm and humid. Cool evenings in midsummer are not a thing in London not had a night in single figures this month. 

It’s been cool in London this summer. You are talking nonsense. 

Posted
18 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

It’s been cool in London this summer. You are talking nonsense. 

Lol all I can say is you’re cold blooded. There was some cool weather in first half of June. I’ve not felt cool once since, you might need to see a doctor.... poor circulation?

my stats below summer so far... not done last week they’d be very happy with that up north.

E7E130FA-F95A-450E-8253-0E79AD81D8A2.thumb.png.8f24ac59c7ac785558376862868f6cd8.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1