Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

I take it from reading some of the comments on here that I’m not allowed to look forward to, or comment about the signs of autumn in the autumn thread?? :cc_confused:

I could understand if the post I made this morning was in the summer thread, but I didn’t... I posted them in the autumn 2020 thread. 

But guess what folks, and I know this may come as a shock to some folk, but there are those of us out here that love autumn and look forward to it’s onset. :oldgood:

So whilst I’m genuinely sorry for all of the summer lovers out there at how summer 2020 is, please don’t ruin our autumn  lovers thread!

After all, it’s only weather.  :friends:

Edited by Dangerous55019
Dyslexic fingers
  • Like 9

Posted
On Tuesday, July 14, 2020 at 20:47, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

that post will get 'likes' even though it's pure guess, this won't though, I reckon a very mild winter, virtually snowless away from north/high ground, miles wetter than average, low pressure and Atlantic to rule! some may say a guess, but same difference as quoted one

Why are you so obsessed with the atlantic? How about trying to put some actual thought and effort in to predicting what this winter will be like instead of going for the default winter weather pattern?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

It’s just these people on here salivating at the prospect of autumn arriving.

Theres nothing to look forward to, as we will probably be moving into another mild boring winter. 

Each season has its beautiful points, though autumn and winter for me are less enjoyable than spring and summer. I don’t think misty mornings are a particular sign of autumn (especially in mid July), we’ve been having these mists since May here.

• Like 2

Posted
29 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Each season has its beautiful points, though autumn and winter for me are less enjoyable than spring and summer. I don’t think misty mornings are a particular sign of autumn (especially in mid July), we’ve been having these mists since May here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
1 hour ago, Dangerous55019 said:

I take it from reading some of the comments on here that I’m not allowed to look forward to, or comment about the signs of autumn in the autumn thread?? :cc_confused:

I could understand if the post I made this morning was in the summer thread, but I didn’t... I posted them in the autumn 2020 thread. 

But guess what folks, and I know this may come as a shock to some folk, but there are those of us out here that love autumn and look forward to it’s onset. :oldgood:

So whilst I’m genuinely sorry for all of the summer lovers out there at how summer 2020 is, please don’t ruin our autumn  lovers thread!

Just the thought of Autumn lifts my mood no end. By far the best season of the year if it actually arrives. Light levels,the smells, the comfortable nights. Only 6/7 weeks away and we can start to really look forward to it, roll on that crunch of those fallen leaves on a crisp morning!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.
8 minutes ago, markyo said:

Just the thought of Autumn lifts my mood no end. By far the best season of the year if it actually arrives. Light levels,the smells, the comfortable nights. Only 6/7 weeks away and we can start to really look forward to it, roll on that crunch of those fallen leaves on a crisp morning!

Couldn’t agree more @markyo :oldgood:

Its the thought of autumn, and looking for those first small signs that gets me through the summer. :oldsmile:

Edited by Dangerous55019
Dyslexic fingers
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
2 hours ago, Dangerous55019 said:

It does certainly appear to be more socially acceptable to love spring and summer as opposed to autumn and winter. I know that I'm in the minority here, but I much prefer long nights over long days. I have always been more of a night person. A lot more peaceful and just overall a better atmosphere.
I do like to see the beauty in all 4 seasons however.

• Like 7

Posted
13 minutes ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

It does certainly appear to be more socially acceptable to love spring and summer as opposed to autumn and winter. I know that I'm in the minority here, but I much prefer long nights over long days. I have always been more of a night person. A lot more peaceful and just overall a better atmosphere.
I do like to see the beauty in all 4 seasons however.

Hello @Weather Enthusiast91 :oldsmile:
If that’s the case then I’m in the minority with you... As I too feel more at ease now that the nights are getting longer again. :oldgood:
From a personal point of view, I love this period from the 1st of July up to Halloween... It’s that summer winding down and fading and autumn increasing that I absolutely love. Once Halloween has passed a strange switch happens to me, as I tend to fall out of love with autumn... Don’t get me wrong, I do like November and there is a real beauty in November, but the magic that is there throughout the rest of the season just vanishes. 
Now this is the bit that’s really weird with me, by the time we get to December, I tend to find myself craving a bit of extra daylight... But again by the time we get to January, that bit of extra daylight makes me more comfortable... But anyway I’m veering way off topic now. :oldlaugh:

But yes I too find beauty in all of the seasons, but this late summer/early to mid autumn is the one I love the most. :oldgood:

17E6B331-70C4-46AB-825D-15D2877DFF5E.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
19 minutes ago, Dangerous55019 said:

Hello @Weather Enthusiast91 :oldsmile:
If that’s the case then I’m in the minority with you... As I too feel more at ease now that the nights are getting longer again. :oldgood:
From a personal point of view, I love this period from the 1st of July up to Halloween... It’s that summer winding down and fading and autumn increasing that I absolutely love. Once Halloween has passed a strange switch happens to me, as I tend to fall out of love with autumn... Don’t get me wrong, I do like November and there is a real beauty in November, but the magic that is there throughout the rest of the season just vanishes. 
Now this is the bit that’s really weird with me, by the time we get to December, I tend to find myself craving a bit of extra daylight... But again by the time we get to January, that bit of extra daylight makes me more comfortable... But anyway I’m veering way off topic now. :oldlaugh:

But yes I too find beauty in all of the seasons, but this late summer/early to mid autumn is the one I love the most. :oldgood:

17E6B331-70C4-46AB-825D-15D2877DFF5E.jpeg

Good evening
During this time of the year we do begin to see very gradual changes which remind us that autumn is our next season, and there are already signs of autumn out there if you know where to look, though these changes seem to speed up a bit from around mid to late August when you really start to notice the sun slowly decreasing in strength and the nights gradually becoming longer.

I certainly understand what you are saying about November. The beauty of autumn diminishes during that month as we head into winter. And despite me favouring long nights over long days, by the time we get to February, I start looking forward to spring.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

I particularly like the time of yr from early Aug up to early Nov.  Much of Nov can often be a dull gloomy month which ruins it as an autumn month for me as much as I like autumn.  Although i do love November's that have a fair number of frosts  and the odd cold snap thrown in but nowadays that seems to becoming less often. Second half of Nov 2005,bright ,cold weather,was great for example. 

Edited by sundog
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

spacer.png

spacer.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
Just now, lassie23 said:

Hoping for a foggy autumn.

The stillness of a foggy Autumn morning is magical. Especially on a weekend without the traffic noise. Can be one of the best early morning walks of the year by far, the freshness and tranquillity is unbeatable.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006
2 hours ago, summer blizzard said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Any chance we can turn those upside down? ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
On 19/07/2020 at 08:22, markyo said:

not looking forward to Autumn..because winter is not far behind..Autumn is too short here usually 4-6 weeks before we are plunged into winter..if that happens at all..2018 winter arrived the 2nd week of September.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

not looking forward to Autumn..because winter is not far behind..Autumn is too short here usually 4-6 weeks before we are plunged into winter..if that happens at all..2018 winter arrived the 2nd week of September.

I'm lucky if winter arrives at all here since turn of millennium

• Like 1

Posted
14 hours ago, markyo said:

The stillness of a foggy Autumn morning is magical. Especially on a weekend without the traffic noise. Can be one of the best early morning walks of the year by far, the freshness and tranquillity is unbeatable.

I’m there baby! :oldgood:

• Like 1

Posted

Morning everyone. :oldsmile:

I have to say that there’s a definite autumnal nip in the air this morning. :oldgood:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters/Hot summers

Picked first blackberries today and some Autumn raspberries almost ready at my allotment.

Nights starting to draw in - sunset before 9 in a weeks time!

Autumn is not far away and let’s hope we get a proper Autumn with plenty of storms, and some early frosts would be a bonus!!

• Like 1

Posted
9 hours ago, Bobafet said:

Picked first blackberries today and some Autumn raspberries almost ready at my allotment.

Nights starting to draw in - sunset before 9 in a weeks time!

Autumn is not far away and let’s hope we get a proper Autumn with plenty of storms, and some early frosts would be a bonus!!

All my raspberries have gone already. Tried an early blackberry yesterday, but they're still a bit tart for me.