Best Budget Smartphone

Thought I’d reach out to the tech savvie guys and girls in here.

I’m looking at buying a new, unlocked PAYG smartphone as my current one is coming to the end of its life.

A few requirements the smartphone must have:

- Dual Nano Sim

- Minimum 64GB Internal memory

- Used primarily for banking, web browsing and mobile apps.  Not needed for video, music streaming etc.

- Would prefer to be adaptable for Fortnite although this isn’t essential 

- Not bothered about camera quality

- Android 9 or 10

- Large screen size

- Most importantly, Maximum price of around £200

Any suggestions or ideas most welcome.  I’ve been looking at 2 that have both got decent online reviews.  These being Motorola Moto G8 and Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T.  Anyone using either of these phones, kind enough to provide feedback?  Any other suggestions otherwise?

Edited by AWD
Spelling
22 minutes ago, AWD said:

Thought I’d reach out to the tech savvie guys and girls in here.

I’m looking at buying a new, unlocked PAYG smartphone as my current one is coming to the end of its life.

A few requirements the smartphone must have:

- Dual Nano Sim

- Minimum 64GB Internal memory

- Used primarily for banking, web browsing and mobile apps.  Not needed for video, music streaming etc.

- Would prefer to be adaptable for Fortnite although this isn’t essential 

- Not bothered about camera quality

- Android 9 or 10

- Large screen size

- Most importantly, Maximum price of around £200

Any suggestions or ideas most welcome.  I’ve been looking at 2 that have both got decent online reviews.  These being Motorola Moto G8 and Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T.  Anyone using either of these phones, kind enough to provide feedback?  Any other suggestions otherwise?

I bought a Motorola G5 in 2018. Cheap as chips for the same reason as you (PAYG, mostly on WIFI), except Fortnite.

It has been great. And the camera was much better than I was expecting. I've got an iPhone for work, but honestly don't understand why you'd pay a small fortune for something that might do things slightly better.

These guys are worth a look. Rugged phones too so water and drop resistant to varying degrees

WWW.THEPHONETRADER.CO.UK

Tough phones and rugged mobile phones and tablets. We offer tough mobile phones, Sonim, Atex, Ulefone, Defender, Blackview and many more.