Storms and convective discussion - 18th June 2020 onwards

Got my fingers crossed.

It still does look very promising but the cap is just a bit too strong here so any storms that develop near me would probably be quite weak

DSC00860.JPG

DSC00861.JPG

DSC00862.JPG

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was the late evening storm as it passed over Filey. It was nice enough as it come up from Bridlington, but as it approached the coast, a real nice feeder band developed into it and it really ramp

My view of the Bude cell   Edit:excuse the washing

Very impressive lightning display here in Scotland in the early hours. I am just a amateur photographer but I am pleased with what I managed to capture. Here is a selection of all the best ones I got.

Posted Images

Rapid developments to the S/SE of here in the last 20 minutes and the sky has gone very dark

Edit: Can hear thunder ?

Edited by OddSpot
  • Like 1

Can see the distant towers to the north of here, but to the south there's a small but nicely towered patch of AcCas. That alone looks more convective than anything I saw yesterday!

I'm getting way more excited now, this thing is ridiculously big, picture does not do its justice at all

DSC00863.JPG

• Like 6

Right in the firing line of the Nottingham cell. It's heading in the direction of the arrow and Scunthorpe is right in the firing line of this one

Untitled.thumb.png.24153006a6497a1324b54289cd63f8bd.png

As long as it doesn't die a death before it gets here

Thunder to the south of here but radar not updating so a rapid change from 10 minutes ago.

Wind has now veered to the west. Temp dropped from 27.6 to 24.3 in five minutes. If it wasn’t all over, it is now.

anyone north of Wrexham or west of Manchester, forget it. Next chance tomorrow morning which does look interesting.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Kid Thunder said:

Constant rumbling now!

and not an exaggeration either

• Like 2

Like being in the tropics here - deluge with burning sunshine and heat all around!! 

• Like 1

Not sure if I should be annoyed that I've just left the exact location that the storms have formed, but at least I am now ahead of them 

Suddenly just got a lot windier here, which has blown all the clouds away.

Doesn’t look like anything’s happening here today now, but at least we had that little storm this morning