Snow?

Storms and convective discussion - 18th June 2020 onwards

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was the late evening storm as it passed over Filey. It was nice enough as it come up from Bridlington, but as it approached the coast, a real nice feeder band developed into it and it really ramp

My view of the Bude cell   Edit:excuse the washing

Very impressive lightning display here in Scotland in the early hours. I am just a amateur photographer but I am pleased with what I managed to capture. Here is a selection of all the best ones I got.

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Yes another cell seems to be going up on the eastern flank.

Suspect this will be one of those nights where some will get a decent show and others will get some moderate-heavy rain and thats it. Classic potluck with embedded convection within a larger region of rain.

That'll be rain for me and storms east and west as usual lol

Probably going to bail on this one in 10-15 unless there a dramatic change, doesn’t look like doing much, no strikes in the past 5mins from the direction I Need and radar looks poor. 

Edited by Alderc
3 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Looks to be a nice shelf cloud on the radar, anybody able to get pictures of that 

Can just make it out, nothing to illuminate it though... 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Zak M said:

That storm over the Isle of Man is so big that the whole island ain't visible on the radar anymore ??

storm.png

My brother lives there,  says it's amazing.  He's sent me a recording on WhatsApp but I've no idea how to get it on here.

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, Hampshire Dan said:

Lightning behind Graham souness who lives down at sandbanks that is pointing towards Isle of Wight - just a shame Liverpool won the league ??

02F4CFBF-D436-4CD7-9966-376EBDBD3C3A.jpeg

Priceless shot! The photo that is ... Nothing to do with the winning lol

• Like 3
Just now, Rapodo said:

Looking at the rain intensity that is showing to hit Bournemouth area in 45 mins surely activity will pick as it approaches land again?

Unlikely, there was some Ac Cas ahead of it but it’s just flattened out. Need to look for development ahead or behind the soggy wet miss now in the channel.

im heading home to bed as pretty confident on this one! 

• Like 1