Snow?

Storms and convective discussion - 18th June 2020 onwards

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was the late evening storm as it passed over Filey. It was nice enough as it come up from Bridlington, but as it approached the coast, a real nice feeder band developed into it and it really ramp

My view of the Bude cell   Edit:excuse the washing

Very impressive lightning display here in Scotland in the early hours. I am just a amateur photographer but I am pleased with what I managed to capture. Here is a selection of all the best ones I got.

Posted Images

Just now, Mitch perrott said:

well. i think the south east is going to be starved from this storm again ;-; well thats what the radar is saying anyway. weakens when it reaches kent (ramsgate) unless anyone can prove wrong.... (please do)

I think this one is going to go up the middle of the uk, I hope it starts veering right soon.

9 minutes ago, Mesoscale said:

The storms seem to be a lot further east? Chances of a London area arrival? 

The eastern portion is heading for London area - fingers crossed!

That first band has the look of thundery rain to me, the odd bit of thunder here and there but mainly moderate-heavy rain.

Hopefully it perks up a little again and at least there is some embedded cells still firing as it crosses the channel.

I've got a pretty prime view to my south as the night draws in, anything electric that does start to kick off is going to be pretty easy to spot in a semicircle expanding out as much as 70-100 miles from me to my south.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Christchurch storm nut said:

Some nice bolts visible now, especially as the light is starting to fade! 

Perfect time for it,  humidity has risen from 40% to 55% here in last hour.   now things are starting to cool aloft the atmosphere should get more juicy.