Storms and convective discussion - 18th June 2020 onwards

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was the late evening storm as it passed over Filey. It was nice enough as it come up from Bridlington, but as it approached the coast, a real nice feeder band developed into it and it really ramp

My view of the Bude cell   Edit:excuse the washing

Very impressive lightning display here in Scotland in the early hours. I am just a amateur photographer but I am pleased with what I managed to capture. Here is a selection of all the best ones I got.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Oliver Wyndham-lewis said:

Big organised area of storms Friday morning on there ? 

Now charging up my GoPro's ?

• Like 1

Ignoring the SB storms to its east, am I right in saying the cloud moving north between Rennes and Brest is mid-level and may potentially go bang over Devon/Dorset/Hants when it arrives tonight? 

Screenshot_20200625-151404.png

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Oliver Wyndham-lewis said:

Big organised area of storms Friday morning on there ? 

Bullish from Met Office there. Love the talk of frequent lightning and large hailstones!

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Lance M said:

Ignoring the SB storms to its east, am I right in saying the cloud moving north between Rennes and Brest is mid-level and may potentially go bang over Devon/Dorset/Hants when it arrives tonight? 

Screenshot_20200625-151404.png

Does that mean Somerset may be in with a chance too??

The cluster of storms over N France is more extensive than I was expecting ?

10 minutes ago, Pat Butcher said:

Bullish from Met Office there. Love the talk of frequent lightning and large hailstones!

I wish they'd stop using the term "thundery showers". It's so dismissive and belittling. We could have a countrywide MCS and they'd still call it "thundery showers"!

• Like 9
2 minutes ago, Stormhog said:

I wish they'd stop using the term "thundery showers". It's so dismissive and belittling. We could have a countrywide MCS and they'd still call it "thundery showers"!

I second this, it’s so frustrating 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Stormhog said:

Careful of those weeee little tiny rain clouds and there pretty little lightning strikes....

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Stormhog said:

Agreed, I was thinking exactly the same thing ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Harry said:

Presumably the French storms are just SB pulse storms that won’t survive any northward journey?

Not sure, as I don't think the surface winds are going north over there today, could be wrong. 

16 minutes ago, AMeltedFlake said:

Towers building maybe? Or do we think this won't come to much? ?

Screenshot_20200625-153134_Windy.jpg

Here's my view of the southern extent of those. They've been going a few hours now and not showing any growth I'm afraid.

IMG_20200625_154428.jpg

Edited by Lance M
  • Like 3
5 minutes ago, Charlie Harnett said:

My view of the Bude cell

Edit:excuse the washing

20200625_150353.jpg

Stu-un-ning!!!!

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, AMeltedFlake said:

Duplicate post.

Edited by Lance M