Storms and convective discussion - 18th June 2020 onwards

7 minutes ago, whitty-southwest-uk said:

Just south of Stevenage by a couple miles and can start to see building towers in the distance.

7CDBE858-59CC-402C-8CFD-CFE6099C079D.jpeg

Welwyn?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was the late evening storm as it passed over Filey. It was nice enough as it come up from Bridlington, but as it approached the coast, a real nice feeder band developed into it and it really ramp

My view of the Bude cell   Edit:excuse the washing

Very impressive lightning display here in Scotland in the early hours. I am just a amateur photographer but I am pleased with what I managed to capture. Here is a selection of all the best ones I got.

Posted Images

Massive tower shooting up to my west 😲

71CDB9B5-771B-4D3A-A648-A862E9E4BA80.jpeg

Edited by Zak M
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Just had about a minute of large raindrops seemingly from nowhere 

Same, I'm parked up in Brockenhust, and the cloud responsible for is not overhead, so it must have fell quite some way!

Edited by Southern Storm

Ac cas is now heading into the Dover area, twenty minutes ago, nothing but feathers, thought that was that then. 

16 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

I’m wondering if we are missing the obvious here - that the Acas is going to continue up towards the NE and initiate there.

Southern areas very likely to see nothing I’m afraid 😔 

Sadly, that's always been the likeliest case. Hopefully there can be some surprises though

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

26.1°C here now and gone cloudy. I’m not complaining.

Sums this month up though, even today it still couldn't manage clear blue skies all day. What a cloudfest month around here it has been.

Edited by Weather-history
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, Superstormuk said:

Structure popping up south of Egham, Surrey. Looking promising. Would get photo, but on moving train 

This structure is looking amazing. Flat bottom, and rising anvil with accas right at the top. 

• Like 1

What a truly remarkable underestimated spell of weather this is. We are on the verge of smashing the all time record, so no wonder the cap may be close to blowing its lid. The GFS was some 7c short of today’s highs! 

Can see signs of instability cropping up now! May chase if I detect anything decent nearby. 

• Like 2

Anyone else seeing the meaty growing CBs over the London area? Pretty distant from here but by putting two-and-two together with vis sat, that's what I'm seeing

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Lance M said:

Anyone else seeing the meaty growing CBs over the London area? Pretty distant from here but by putting two-and-two together with vis sat, that's what I'm seeing

That's probably from my picture I posted above