Storms and convective discussion - 18th June 2020 onwards

7 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Such a poor year for thunderstorms here, quite possibly one of the worst. The chances of thunder are now higher in Winter than any other season.

I can't remember a year recently where I've seen nothing at all by late July but this year looks like doing just that. 

• Sad 1
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was the late evening storm as it passed over Filey. It was nice enough as it come up from Bridlington, but as it approached the coast, a real nice feeder band developed into it and it really ramp

My view of the Bude cell   Edit:excuse the washing

Very impressive lightning display here in Scotland in the early hours. I am just a amateur photographer but I am pleased with what I managed to capture. Here is a selection of all the best ones I got.

Posted Images

Most of the activity has just again missed me to my north unfortunately.

Seeing some large towers going up to my west though, so perhaps there could be another chance.

7 minutes ago, jake44 said:

No it wasn't, it's was a forecast made on probabilities and potential. Forecasting thunderstorms is not easy and has a huge amount of uncertainty.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Such a poor year for thunderstorms here, quite possibly one of the worst. The chances of thunder are now higher in Winter than any other season.

AJ stormless too?, he used to live here, or near enough, been decent stormwise here

A few more towers going up, this is to my NW looking towards Northants

56A2E584-1934-4FDE-9582-03ED08C7117D.jpeg

• Like 3

Ugh. We would have had at least one decent storm by now, but nada. All this rain and humidity for nowt.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Zak M said:

Moon to the left, CBs to the right

AD566871-0118-474F-96E5-32E8B3011F95.jpeg

AND...

# stuck in the middle with you #🤣

nothing here today,i was going to chase that storm earlier that developed SE of here but there wasn't enough sferics to warrant a chase

hopefully some fireworks come the end of next week.

• Like 4

Plume for next weekend on models. That'd set off some sparks into August.

Uncertainty at this point on thundery potential but something to have an eye on.

image.thumb.png.b5c36499282d9cdf1ab66953f009d163.pngimage.thumb.png.747e212d99abc51e329ef9b6ff88feb0.pngimage.thumb.png.873a95b63edbac53b289873befebab1d.pngimage.thumb.png.0d4d4f2dd1dadea4601893c3141229d1.png

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, Jamiee said:

Wow

that was close

i would be swearing too and following through at the same time,jeez💩😆

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Paul Sherman said:

Best Video of the lot IMHO - Can really see the Mesocyclone and Wall Cloud when he pans out at the end

That looks a lot more powerful than some of the other vids make out, and multi vortex too, the area was lucky there wasn't more damage. 

• Like 2