Storms and convective discussion - 18th June 2020 onwards

An interesting, if very small development to my southwest according to the radar.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was the late evening storm as it passed over Filey. It was nice enough as it come up from Bridlington, but as it approached the coast, a real nice feeder band developed into it and it really ramp

My view of the Bude cell   Edit:excuse the washing

Very impressive lightning display here in Scotland in the early hours. I am just a amateur photographer but I am pleased with what I managed to capture. Here is a selection of all the best ones I got.

Posted Images

More rumbles now coming in from the Black Country and plenty of convection

658590685_1006.thumb.jpg.461bd952084400257e991f13c90e5946.jpg

Edited by Arnie Pie
  • Like 7

Telling it how it is: the storm potential on the south is reducing, although as cells head SE they could electrify again. It’s just your average thundery rain kinda day. Wouldn’t have minded if we had some sun along the way but as it cleared just now it clouded over again 😕

• Like 2

Been hearing thunder from the SW for over an hour ,though it's all gone quiet  now.Just very heavy rain and a gusty wind atm.No lightning seem as yet.Still feels very humid outside.

• Like 1

Evening all. I’m busy this weekend, so unable to chase. But in E Cambs at the moment and it feels muggy, some low level scud advecting N-NE quickly, and them storms in the midlands look bound to hit here in the next few hours. Here’s hoping for a storm, in addition to a few rumbles earlier.

• Like 1

Photo doesn’t do its justice but there’s some interesting cloudscapes in the distance. Looks like there’s a squall lime moving in from the SW.

AC1CD5A6-6B09-4C1A-B66B-329649292404.jpeg

• Like 4

One hell of a structure passed close to me! No thunder, just a few large drops of rain. It seems the best conditions for storms are now devoid of here.

• Like 2

Such a poor year for thunderstorms here, quite possibly one of the worst. The chances of thunder are now higher in Winter than any other season.

• Like 1