Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and convective discussion - 18th June 2020 onwards

Posted

Got nailed-on caught out in the open in that main cell, thinking I could get up a hill and catch a few flashes before the rain hit. 

After sweating my tits off for three days, was absolutely fantastic.

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, TJS1998Tom said:

Hoping this won't be too far East ;) 

image.png

just had a few rumbles from a storm to our sth, nothing overly exciting

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Alow alow alow. I know by my own rule I’m not allowed to post a picture of sky ... so picture this: a hazy blue sky, BUT the hazy blue is INTERRUPTED by some clumpy clouds, almost ACAS LIKE!! also the rain radar showing heavy showers nearby

Posted
3 minutes ago, James175 said:

Thought we were gonna miss out in Kent today but right on cue, out of absolutely nowhere, we've got some beautiful instability

IMG_20200626_175306.jpg

IMG_20200626_175310.jpg

Yeah wow! should we be getting excited?

For those of you hanging on to the heat, humidity and storms enjoy it because whats behind it isn't fun. I can't believe just how cold it is outside down here now, just ran with two layers on. 16.8C and a blowy wind. Please take me back to yesterday. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
1 hour ago, P-M said:

Some of them were near on golf ball sized was absolutely unbelievable never seen hail like it here.

• Like 1

Posted

Lots of crackly sounding thunder here about an hour ago , saw no lighting , so mostly IC ,  but a few must have been CG with that distinct deep thud type sound

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C

Starting to see some signs of instability coming in from the South here too, that gives me a glimmer of hope for later...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Can hear thunder to the south of me, looking at the radar I have an awful feeling it's going west of me 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Boro Snow said:

Can hear thunder to the south of me, looking at the radar I have an awful feeling it's going west of me 

Just rain in Northallerton now, had some thunder but sounds like it’s on it’s way to you now and skies getting lighter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter
2 minutes ago, Boro Snow said:

I agree. Mad how they were supposed to track NNE but seem to be going the other way. Hopefully something will build east but if not so be it. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
7 minutes ago, Alderc said:

For those of you hanging on to the heat, humidity and storms enjoy it because whats behind it isn't fun. I can't believe just how cold it is outside down here now, just ran with two layers on. 16.8C and a blowy wind. Please take me back to yesterday. 

only 50 miles north of you and its still 25C here.....lovely

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
6 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Starting to see some signs of instability coming in from the South here too, that gives me a glimmer of hope for later...

I'm seeing that too, I'm hoping that mess heading up from Brighton makes a contribution

• Like 1

Posted
20 minutes ago, sparky1972 said:

just had a few rumbles from a storm to our sth, nothing overly exciting

Yeah, don't think much is going to happen for Lincolnshire now, blue skies are coming in and any thundery cloud is heading North East

Lovely convective skyscapes here in Sheffield ⛈️ Sunny and hit again after the earlier shenanigans.

I'm home now in NE Sheffield and you would never know it rained

IMG_20200626_180947304.jpg

Posted

Looks like the storms up north lack proper organisation, it should improve as the evening wears on. Meanwhile lot of good looking instability in the south, but we all know that doesn’t guarantee the storms

Posted
11 minutes ago, Alderc said:

It’s cooling down pretty rapidly here now with a keen breeze. Sad times. Nothing similar in the offing for at least the next 14 days.

2 hours ago, The PIT said:

and not an exaggeration either

It was quick and lively wasn't it?  

We literally got a few spits and spots in Dronfield with the sky as black as night to the east. As close as you can get without getting the worst of the precip. Back home was more of a direct hit, but like I said in my recent post it has all very quickly evaporated.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes
7 minutes ago, P-M said:

I agree. Mad how they were supposed to track NNE but seem to be going the other way. Hopefully something will build east but if not so be it. 

Rolling thunder currently above me 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

The storms have been cracking from what I've seen in here but I guess I was sort of expecting a lot more activity than what's on the radar. 

• Like 1