Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and convective discussion - 18th June 2020 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
45 minutes ago, Alderc said:

its annoying that's what it is, its lapping over the coast keeping it much, much cooler. 5miles inland its 3-5C warmer. Its a low stratus.

34 is the magic number today. Get somewhere near that inland and we will have our prize

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder

Reached 30C xcweather report.  Wonder if 32C will be squeezed out somewhere, yesterday in Wales |(west coast) showers popped off even with a capping in place, but only due to 30+ being reached.

Posted

As i Said earlier the initiation zone where deeper convection is showing is in an arc from Cheshire through the Birmingham area to West Norfolk

About 30-60 minutes away from touching the paper

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

30C here too. Skies looking firm to my south but much more agitated to my north over Essex/London. In fact the tower in the foreground in my pic below looks as if it COULD go in the near future.

Edit - looks as if it might well be going. There was a momentary Pileus cap too. Second and third pics taken about a minute apart

7D5200BD-1EFF-42F6-9816-7E3BD0994159.jpeg

3697BA68-89D8-4369-9FE7-33FF45F93F4F.jpeg

7F49E647-E882-4244-B04F-B30B30DB9F10.jpeg

Edited by Harry
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

Towers shooting up to the west of me moving north, unfortunately not much happening to the south.  This is in line with thoughts on here today, so looking good for Suffolk, Norfolk, Lincs etc.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Well something is holding my temps has actually gone down from a high of 23 I wish the humidity would disappear with it, as nothing looks like happening down here today. Hoping on elevated stuff later, which seems very unlikely now. 

Posted
8 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

As i Said earlier the initiation zone where deeper convection is showing is in an arc from Cheshire through the Birmingham area to West Norfolk

About 30-60 minutes away from touching the paper

Will north east Wales get a taste of this action today too?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

2B4C5AF9-CFD6-4D6A-ABBD-149D85444082.jpeg

E12909A5-A99E-4C28-801F-09C65ED99BC2.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Fantastic lightning last night here in Swansea. Very random CC & CG strikes for a good hour and the lightning detectors just didn't pick up half of the strikes. Hardly any rain fell though, just a 5 minute downpour. 

• Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, SarahWxm said:

Will north east Wales get a taste of this action today too?

Its gunna be close Sarah, if you look on Sat24 and zoom into Uk and Ireland you are right on where the convection is developing and its gunna race away to the North and East. Hope something can fire further to your south and west

Posted

Some very beefy development firing up just North of Cambridge - towers really going up fast. Promising signs to say the least - won't be long before these get going I suspect

image.thumb.png.819e2f541e8ec3dc4a4c6d154a3f797d.png

• Like 3

Posted

Quite a bit of mid level instability here in the form of Accas etc. Shame it will literally come to nothing. 

Posted

This visual satellite view shows 3 main areas of interest. The first is between the red lines which looks like a decaying frontal system that did produce for some but not for me

The second is the area to the west of the blue line. Is this the cold front someone mentioned earlier on that could either kill off storm chances or it could arrive in the right areas at the right time and create a big line of storms which could form a squall line too

The third area is the yellow circle where it looks like clouds are beginning to form. Perfect breeding location to send fully formed storms to my area of the country in N Lincs later on if all stays on track

Untitled.thumb.png.0310ccf0ec948cdc4673770e4d935603.png

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Its gunna be close Sarah, if you look on Sat24 and zoom into Uk and Ireland you are right on where the convection is developing and its gunna race away to the North and East. Hope something can fire further to your south and west

Right into my area into N Lincs, perfect

Posted

nothing much but blue skies and 28c here but i’m taking that as a positive boost for anything that might be coming my way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

E45797D3-8387-477D-98A4-C35D6FD68103.jpeg

49CAD835-93EE-484A-85CA-24A14E7AC327.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Paul Sherman said:

Btw some were commenting on that spiral of storms off the South Coast last night near Brighton, smartie on Ukww has done a nice post on its formation noting it was an MCV (Mescoscale Convective Vortex) which initiated within the MCS that came out of France last night - Good reading 

Thanks for that. I was hoping someone more knowledgeable would be able to shed some light as to what it was by the time I woke up. I've never heard of an Mesoscale Convective Vortex before.

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Delka said:

nothing much but blue skies and 28c here but i’m taking that as a positive boost for anything that might be coming my way

Fingers crossed but not looking hopefull for sth lincs

Posted

Please can the storm gurus advise me?

Fancy an afternoon chase plus walk and can't decide whether to go to Pendleton east lancs or mam tor Derbyshire for action?, thanks! I'm in liverpool btw