Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and convective discussion - 18th June 2020 onwards

Posted

I swear it's getting hotter as this stormfront cloud comes in.  Temps, humidity and dewpoints are both rocketing up!  Feels like I'm in a sauna! Except there's no escape!!!   (I have my windows wide open and it's showing 29C on my little wall thermometer inside my room)

Edited by Ryukai

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
6 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Expect no more lightning from the showers now as we are approaching diurnal minimum and elevated convection should weaken. 

We need it to clear or the CAPE will not be realised. This is especially so here as I have a cut-off point at around 3 pm when the atmosphere become stable.

Not so sure. June 28th 2012 started off with elevated activity over Wales, sustained itself and then quickly became SB. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

image.thumb.png.be698ca8ddca0bf258cf91951cce1d70.png

Noticed this on my PWS readings from earlier. Temp seems to go up from 16c to 19c within minutes just as the storm hits. Not sure if it's a down burst or heat burst.  I'd expect the air to be cooler if it's falling but appears to not be.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Tim Bland said:

So for starters we had an Isle of Man clipper and a Kent clipper. Let’s hope the main course is better ! I think there could be a suprise desert for the south east tonight ....

I had my eyes on the cell that heads to the southeast tonight too

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Lovely hazy blue skies this morning and very warm and humid. I'm in the moderate zone so hoping that something sparks off later. Good luck everyone! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes
3 minutes ago, P-M said:

Lovely hazy blue skies this morning and very warm and humid. I'm in the moderate zone so hoping that something sparks off later. Good luck everyone! 

Could be an interesting evening that's for sure

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather
8 hours ago, Zak M said:

The radar will start going bonkers at 2:30am, mark my words 

Um, uhhhh... 

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Even though I am not in either CW or NetWx's highgest risk zones, I fell encouraged by the fact I am in an Estofex Lvl. 1

Estofex level 1 for hail and rain; -; we only have 10% chance of lightning

Posted

Heavy rain in Crewe now but looking at the satellite picture the sun should be out before too long, keeping my fingers crossed for something sparking off this afternoon

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

If it doesn’t clear by 11:30 then I think it’s game over for anywhere north west of crew/Chester.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Last week in my opinion was way better as it currently stands. This plume so far has done just about everything to avoid all of England! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

I've got some accas to my SW.

• Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

If it doesn’t clear by 11:30 then I think it’s game over for anywhere north west of crew/Chester.

Still raining but it's brightening up now, looking at the radar this rain should be gone soon

• Like 2

Posted

Not expecting much in Leeds as we have been on the wrong side of the Pennines so far this month in regards to storms. 

It feels so humid and sticky this morning though! Currently 23.8C but feels much warmer. 

Posted

Urgh... Once again Stokes encircling ring of hills was in full effect and deflected all the good stuff around us   Least the air feels ALOT cooler now.  Can actually see the thermometer slowly going down if I stare at it for long enough. 

*For anyone wondering, this is what I mean about Stokes 'Ring of Hills'.

Stokeshillshield.png.b2dca249fe78c0b1046bdd13b03627dd.png

There's only 2 directions that lowlevel storms can generally make it in from, the River Trent Valley/Floodplain to the SSE and a small gap to the NW (unfortunately covered by the letters 'ke') Anything coming from any other direction hits the hills and either wears itself out or gets pushed around us  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder
4 minutes ago, adam93 said:

Not expecting much in Leeds as we have been on the wrong side of the Pennines so far this month in regards to storms. 

It feels so humid and sticky this morning though! Currently 23.8C but feels much warmer. 

Yes but we're on the right side of the Pennines today and right in the middle of all the warnings! However, knowing how things normally go here, I wouldn't be surprised if the storms miss just to the east, from Lincolnshire up through the Vale of York. We tend to do best with a straight South to North motion, the steering flow is very slightly SSW to NNE. If I was to go out looking for a storm today, I would choose a line between Spalding and York, slightly east of the A1. Hope I'm wrong  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Still loads of cloud around. I'm not expecting anything interesting here either but who knows...