Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and convective discussion - 18th June 2020 onwards

A poor night given the forecast, think I’ll go upset myself now and have a read in the model output thread and see how many weeks of miserable autumn like payback weather we have to put up with now! 

Posted
31 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Big Old Storm just out to my east over Herne Bay way running up the coast but still getting the thunder from it 

Well that's cracked the duck of the last 11months then..

Posted

Now if the Cone and Triangle fell on the same day that would be something

• Like 5

Posted

Just had a few rumbles over Clacton, mainly from IC strikes, only one CG observed which was before landfall. Storm rapidly dying out now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora

First rumble here, rain falling, all windows open trying to get some cooler air in. Grey and overcast so nothing of note to see really as yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

Some mammatus on the back-edge of the storm.

7C466862-6D12-4A94-9D10-F640C10DBB7F.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Nothing here again.

Oh look it's good up north again today, and oh look it's good up north tomorrow.
The Outer Hebridies have had several rounds of storms more intense and longer lasting than anything I seem to be able to dream of here.

Storms away from the south coast started the day I was back to work so couldn't even chase in the SW :oldrolleyes:

Off to register my place in the no storms club.. If anyone says somewhere up north is the least thundery part of the UK.. think they have it wrong.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards
40 minutes ago, Gordon Webb said:

Convective Weather Updated

Day 1 Convective Outlook

VALID 06:00 UTC Fri 26 Jun 2020 - 05:59 UTC Sat 27 Jun 2020

ISSUED 06:13 UTC Fri 26 Jun 2020

ISSUED BY: Dan

Excellent forecast! Lots of ifs and buts however a chase is on the cards. Model watching morning before now casting I suspect!

Edited by Supacell
Removed long quote

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather
5 minutes ago, ItIsGee said:

Excellent forecast! Lots of ifs and buts however a chase is on the cards. Model watching morning before now casting I suspect!

this has been updated slightly , I have updated my post above accordingly

edit - link below for anybody not wanting to look above

socialmedialogo.png
CONVECTIVEWEATHER.CO.UK

Forecasting thunderstorms and severe convective weather across the British Isles and Ireland for up to the next 5 days.

Edited by Gordon Webb
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

wow 5 CM hail. I can’t even think what that would be like to experience. The most I’ve ever seen is about 8–12 mm.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Convective Weather and Snow
1 minute ago, Chris.R said:

wow 5 CM hail. I can’t even think what that would be like to experience. The most I’ve ever seen is about 8–12 mm.

Most I've seen is probably pea size! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards
Just now, Thunder and Lightning said:

Most I've seen is probably pea size! 

Had a few Donks in the USA but nothing here. 

Posted

a much cooler cloudy start here this morning, must be the crud left over from the storms down sth over night which will scupper our chances of storms today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
11 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Our climate has shifted somewhat in the last 10-20 years and if you want to see Supercells in this country you have to go to the North West, Midlands And North East England. The days of the best storms in the South and South East are long past us now with a much drier arid climate down here where you can go 2-3 weeks without any rainfall at all and capping seems to be a much bigger problem these days

Spot on (used to live in your neck of the woods for most of that time) and more galling when you know there is so much action just across the channel on a regular basis. Another heatwave ending with not so much as a whimper here which was in line with my expectations. Fingers crossed for some home growns later but I wont hold my breath.

• Like 1

Posted
31 minutes ago, sparky1972 said:

Morning all, well after a quiet night its a very cloudy morning which will keep things storm free i would imagine.

Seems like things may be much better this afternoon for us sparky. See what the day brings

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

'extremely underwhelming' sums it for here last night... absolutely nothing... disappointing, it has to be said 

• Like 2

Posted

So for starters we had an Isle of Man clipper and a Kent clipper. Let’s hope the main course is better ! I think there could be a suprise desert for the south east tonight ....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Nothing here, looks like drifting just west of Wolves & clearing behind this band of cloud/showers.