Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and convective discussion - 18th June 2020 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

@alexisj9 i can see the dim flashes too!

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Lance M said:

Sat just east of Winchester. Starting to give up hope. Few flashes coming from the SE but it feels like a wasted drive. Guess I'll give it a while to see if the cells behind the rainy mess do anything

we should see something start building near southampton

blandford cell has exploded

Edited by thunderhead 2005

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Was worth coming down for all those forks earlier in the evening and the massive gust of wind from the downdraft. Not sure it's worth staying any longer though? Edge of the rain band is here and the developing cells ahead of the rainband that just got swallowed up by it. Disappointed to be fair..

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, UKSupercell said:

July 23rd last year was memorable. I made the one hour trip down from work to the New Forest and watched the storm from a car park in the heathland, somewhere near Lyndhurst or Brockenhurst, I forget. The lighting was phenomenal, all directions, every second. It was breath-taking.

Anyway, I haven't posted on here in about a year, hope everyone is keeping well, what with the current crisis and the idiots at the beach! Moved from south Bucks to near Petersfield start of the year, so the coast is even closer! Not sure whether East Hants does better than the Chilterns for summer storms, but it can't do much worse! Fingers crossed for tonight. 

Mostly rubbish this way! Although your East of us - Storms like to split and and East/West of IOW at times so your on the right side of East I guess

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Not sure it'll mean anything but this has just appeared from nowhere behind the mass near Cherbourg

image.thumb.png.c7863629d057a7b50d0b06f87f5c792f.png

Edited by matt111
  • Like 7

Just got home, looking at the radar I'm going to be seriously annoyed if stuff develops just inland and moves away from me...….Looks like a nice little cell popped about tens miles north of Poole, plenty more towards Devon....Very disappointed given was under a moderate.

Edited by Guest

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!
3 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Not sure it'll mean anything but this has just appeared from nowhere behind the mass near Cherbourg

image.thumb.png.c7863629d057a7b50d0b06f87f5c792f.png

Absolutely! 

Plenty left for tonight me thinks.

Are you still on the cliffs in Southbourn?

Edited by Christchurch storm nut
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
2 minutes ago, matt111 said:

image.thumb.png.e2861e26ce526cfa5a373d5618abbf7d.png

Yeh,that exploded quickly if i am being honest,within ten minutes.

959880296_cell1.thumb.png.037c034c69e1fb173e43a046f5e540d4.png267633611_cell2.thumb.png.d2a8343df628319304b2894239f23ff1.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Might need to head off for some shut eye. Will set a 03:00 and 05:00 alarm. We’ll probably get one storm at 04:00 which won’t wake me nighty night all, good luck!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Christchurch storm nut said:

Absolutely! 

Agreed however similar it likely to happen, they'll mature and then spread and fade....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
1 minute ago, Christchurch storm nut said:

Absolutely! 

Are you still on the cliffs in Southbourn?

I wasn't in Southbourne I was at Barton on Sea but not I'm at home at the moment. Unlikely I'll be able to get back to the clifftop now but I'll be Watching from home if anything interesting happens

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells, snow, thunder snow, tornadoes

Reckon anything will happen where I am

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms or snow
1 minute ago, Sam Jackson said:

What about that bit of light purple to the left of le hare

IMG_20200625_232832.jpg

thats odd according to that radar it should be raining and its bone dry here

Posted

In half an hour it's gone from nothing to this 

image.thumb.png.a92a3b24af9f90acd50d49c937f254c2.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!

Probably  a good idea lol, 

I'm just too frightened that I will miss it  

I just can't force myself to throw in the towel!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

It’s still 23°C and it feels absolutely brilliant out there, so hot and humid, a perfect summers night. Just had  fireworks and a lovely celebration. I seem to be the only Lfc fan on here though so won’t start that. Hoping for some metaphorical fireworks tomorrow morning.

probably going to sit in the garden all night because it’s so amazing and wait for something in a few hours.

• Like 6

Posted
2 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

It’s still 23°C and it feels absolutely brilliant out there, so hot and humid, a perfect summers night. Just had  fireworks and a lovely celebration. I seem to be the only Lfc fan on here though so won’t start that. Hoping for some metaphorical fireworks tomorrow morning.

probably going to sit in the garden all night because it’s so amazing and wait for something in a few hours.

Your not alone

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

Even the rain can't be bothered

Good,let the clag die out then it will leave room for more seedlings

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather
2 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

think your chances will be better afternoon / evening

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Can everyone just chill. It’s not even midnight. Watching from the hills near Portsmouth and when is does flash that stuff in the channel is lighting up a huge sheet of rain headed this way.

There also a band of showers now developing across Dorset and Somerset, headed NE. There will be embedded storms in this and it will most likely become very active as the night/morning progresses.

Stormchasing is a waiting game. Watching, waiting, wondering and taking in the majesty of it all...

Stop calling a bust so early!

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms or snow
1 minute ago, Chris.R said:

your not only LFC fan on here a thunderstorm would complete a great evening for me  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny Summers/Cold Wintry Winters
7 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Don't worry mate you aren't the only Liverpool fan on here YNWA   Fingers crossed I usually go to bed at 4am so I'll be on the look out for some fireworks too  

Although I'm more interested in tomorrow afternoon personally though maybe if we are lucky something will fire up overnight. 

Edited by Summerstorm
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Joseph Hudson said:

your not only LFC fan on here a thunderstorm would complete a great evening for me  

You 2 are not alone

(Excuse the pun)