Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion 17/06/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.
4 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

heavy large flaked snow here... i seriously feel like crying, it's so damn beautiful!!  

I have 2x 2 year old Yorkies, who've never seen lying snow... i pray to the lord that we get a white covering... i'll film their reactions!!   Oh my god!! I'm too bloody excited by this... what a sad life I lead 

Yes lovely isn't CH.I am just north of you-Hartshill side of Nuneaton.Snowing off and on for a couple of hours now,like you have a covering.A nice surprise.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, phil nw. said:

Yes lovely isn't CH.I am just north of you-Hartshill side of Nuneaton.Snowing off and on for a couple of hours now,like you have a covering.A nice surprise.

A few more miles in Bedworth and no covering, had 5 minutes of snow and it's now turned to rain/Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

Snowing lovely just now but will soon fade. Hopefully more later,  greedy now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

It’s looking good out there now, not sure about this pocket of warmer uppers coming later? Anyone shed any light?

Posted
Just now, Matthew Gill said:

A few more miles in Bedworth and no covering, had 5 minutes of snow and it's now turned to rain/Snow

Yes looking at the radar my location has been under the large blob for a while.I have modest height which may be tipped the balance.It's still snow here but intensity has eased so maybe the best is over for now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
10 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

heavy large flaked snow here... i seriously feel like crying, it's so damn beautiful!!  

I have 2x 2 year old Yorkies, who've never seen lying snow... i pray to the lord that we get a white covering... i'll film their reactions!!   Oh my god!! I'm too bloody excited by this... what a sad life I lead 

Mate, we build ourselves up to this moment. Through all the agonising near misses and endless model runs when we clutch at straws at the F.I snow fests. We sometimes wait a couple of Winters to see some decent snow falling! I think that's why it feels so good when you finally see it falling outside of your window

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, phil nw. said:

Yes looking at the radar my location has been under the large blob for a while.I have modest height which may be tipped the balance.It's still snow here but intensity has eased so maybe the best is over for now.

Lol just as you post this we get heavy snow lol

Posted
7 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

It’s looking good out there now, not sure about this pocket of warmer uppers coming later? Anyone shed any light?

Latest ukv model shows showers tonight and tomorrow across the region but dew points could be the problem as they rise above 0c tomorrow,especially further east in the region.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snow, Fine & Hot

Its been steady here in Malvern with odd moderate bursts. Good covering now and settling well. We seem to be on the conveyorbelt here too. 

IMG-20210102-WA0016.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Absolutely belting it down here in south birmingham. 2-3cm now I think. 

Edited by Eskimo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
15 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

gfs-1-18.png?12gfs-1-30.png?12gfs-1-36.png?12

1am Monday turns colder, expecting a thaw, just hope any rain not too heavy, mon to wed though should be all snow!

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
2 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

gfs-1-18.png?12gfs-1-30.png?12gfs-1-36.png?12

1am Monday turns colder, expecting a thaw, just hope any rain not too heavy, mon to wed though should be all snow!

Happily,, the first chart shows it well, - 4 uppers from the east for a start won't cut it... Although from the evening it's colder again 

Posted

i take it back, it stopped after around 5 minutes, and it's all now the usual colour of disappointment  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

We got rain in Corby Northants joke lol 

Posted

Best snow event of this cold/snowy spell so far today. Nice thickish cover all over. Stopped now of course and I was working through most of it, but was great coming out to this. 6th day in succession of snow either falling or lying too. Keep it coming 

• Like 1

Posted

Would say Stourbridge hasn’t been quite in the firing line tonight; that said, still got a covering of a cm or two, but I think e and ne has been the sweet spot? Fair dos really given we had the best of it Monday!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, shunthebartlett92 said:

Would say Stourbridge hasn’t been quite in the firing line tonight; that said, still got a covering of a cm or two, but I think e and ne has been the sweet spot? Fair dos really given we had the best of it Monday!

Aye, and Tues here, good snow around 4-6pm, but since dry and cloudy, perhaps slightest thaw, skies don't look like clearing

• Like 1