Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion 17/06/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Now that’s nice this just gives an insight in what we maybe in for as we go into the new year

image.thumb.png.198f43f2817832f288876b272641d9cb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.
9 hours ago, weirpig said:

Spent 3 hours  sledging today    still a good 3 ish inches remaining    we In the West Midlands have done well 

not quite true not all parts of the West Midlands done good out of this event most part got a dusting which disappeared within an hour on both days has been very very disappointing to be honest. agree some but have done really really well places like Harborne Rednall mainly the high grounds.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

I doubt we will get any of those snow showers here today according to the weather channel app snow showers 8 am 9 am however every other weather app just have light cloud for us here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

GFS amazing! 18Z was even better, still though the mild hiccup on Wed, but snow chances after Wed

Posted
31 minutes ago, syed2878 said:

not quite true not all parts of the West Midlands done good out of this event most part got a dusting which disappeared within an hour on both days has been very very disappointing to be honest. agree some but have done really really well places like Harborne Rednall mainly the high grounds.

I think it was more to do with precipitation amounts rather than heights/altitude, anyway on the positive side things are looking up as the models are forecasting a very wintry out come as we go into the new year.....very interesting times ahead >>>> so look forward not backwards I say ❄️❄️❄️

• Like 1

Posted

NW England's turn today, winds seem W or WNW'ly, SK4 area, had our turn I suppose, us in NW of region, now to chances Sun evening to early Wed, before the warmth

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All the Interesting stuff

Beautiful morning out there down to -2.4 last night The cat's enjoying the view aswell 

20201231_092540.jpg

20201231_092549.jpg

20201231_093153.jpg

Edited by phil b
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Looks like Stoke doing well from the showers again. Typical I'm not living there this winter! Solihull lovely and frosty though and sunny

Posted
7 minutes ago, RobR said:

Looks like Stoke doing well from the showers again. Typical I'm not living there this winter! Solihull lovely and frosty though and sunny

Other than a 5 minute light flurry a few hours ago, the showers are missing Stoke.

Posted
11 minutes ago, RobR said:

Yep I’m still at -0.8c at 10;08 and very frosty out there still

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

No new snow here in N Worcs, but the fields near me look very similar to those, and snowmen are holding up well. Glorious sunshine here but still -2 °C; a fantastic morning for a walk as long as you watch your step, as there's a lot of ice around! Unsurprisingly given the snow cover, last night was the coldest of the winter so far here at -4.6 °C.

• Like 2

Posted

nothing here today, sun out so slow thaw in sunny spots, out for walk in a bit, hopefully snowy areas around Kingston Hill area

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD

Just back from my bike ride, garmin said -5.6c at one point, windchill I guess. Ps had freezing fog

Edited by Fozfoster

Posted

Just de frosting the car 

must have been a small snow flurry at some point in the night as they were stuck to my car !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Quick pic of the fields near me; as you can see, still pretty white even in the sun. That snowman is quite impressive, about two metres tall, but there was a guy and his kids near it so I couldn't get too close.

snow.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Dancerwithwings said:

I think it was more to do with precipitation amounts rather than heights/altitude, anyway on the positive side things are looking up as the models are forecasting a very wintry out come as we go into the new year.....very interesting times ahead >>>> so look forward not backwards I say ❄️❄️❄️

lets hope so DWW haven’t seen significant snow since 2018 and December 2017 let’s hope the Synoptics we are seeing at this moment doesn’t go tits up. May I wish all midland is here on this forum a very happy prosperous and a peaceful 2021 let’s hope it’s the snowy type for the next 2/3 months at least after a difficult hard and in some cases a sad 2020 we all need something to cheer us up.

• Like 3

Posted

I couldn’t with you agree more Syed, what many people have been through this year is very sad, us having a little moan about not having the best in seeing snowfall compared to some families losing love ones is silly really, just for now forget the weather...we and our families have to carry on being safe and well....I wish all a safe and happy new year xX

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted

Putting the snow to one side, the dry and sunny weather taking us into New Year is most welcome after all the rain this month.

• Like 2

Posted
50 minutes ago, Gord said:

Putting the snow to one side, the dry and sunny weather taking us into New Year is most welcome after all the rain this month.

I went out for a walk a few minutes ago and I was just thinking that, though I didn't quite put the snow to one side. Sunshine on snow is probably my absolute favourite weather-related scene, and with the crisp cold air (still only just above freezing) it was actually very refreshing. It gave me a real tonic to think that, yes it's a little thing, but here at the very end of 2020 is something that's gone right this year.

• Like 1

Posted

Emmm the 12z Icon is going for snowfall tomorrow morning

0093AB49-83B8-42FB-8EF2-1A21A666FDBD.thumb.png.2980d1a16483f7d187ef3a60a51e9bed.pngB1ECE7DA-7CD5-4540-85A7-930EACACC194.thumb.png.1ccefdac2d265adcced7e44c21abe0c7.png18DBF7BE-83CB-4A6A-AC95-EFFBF4D5F2E8.thumb.png.6023010d0914c4d9190577b49e8a1c2d.png