Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion 17/06/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted

Already 31C. Actually pretty scary how easy it is to get close to record breaking heat these days. Just need a 1 day pump of air from the continent. I swear it used to take four or five days of build up before.

Edited by Snowy L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

It's reached 32.5 °C = 90.5 °F here. Seriously hot for this part of the world.

Cloud spilling in from the west now though. Still high for the moment, but radar shows plenty of echoes around the Welsh border and if that comes much further east...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Think we are at 32. It's quite nice though as it feels less humid than previous heatwaves like this with a stiff breeze (though it's a hot one!). 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

With the wind blowing, it feels like a Hair Dryer blowing in your face, around 33 here. Hoping for some rain, thunder would be a bonus.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

A whopping 35.1c in my neck of the woods today

• Like 2

Posted

Big forecast underestimate here in sunny Chilwell... from NW forecasts i was thinking maybe 32C max. Following this pic, it has continued to rise - now 35.3C. Looking forwards to tomorrow, this seems a bizarre 1.5-day  heat spike, doesn't it?!

IMG_0355.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Now overcast, windy and spotting with rain here in Bewdley, with the temp having fallen to 27.5 °C. Topped out at 32.6 °C in the end. Heatwave over!

• Like 1

Posted

Looking at the radar, odds on a sharp shower or two here and dramatic temps drop in the next few hours 

Edited by BLOWERS

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Some lovely cloudscapes here tonight..

IMG_20200803_204747.thumb.jpg.d64aa5ccee491e6c55a3416295307270.jpgIMG_20200803_204709.thumb.jpg.bd7bd26cbcf9a9cd7341ef2bd379fb00.jpg

Posted

A disappointing morning here. Overcast, quite gloomy and occasional light rain. The radar has more on the way, so not a particularly pleasant day in prospect. We've had too many of these this summer, not always particularly well forecast by the MetO either. I've said this before, but there seems to be a systemic issue with under/non-forecasting of this kind of light, nuisance-value rain. I did keep notes at one point last year and it wasn't just imagination -- it was significantly worse in this direction than in the "drier than forecast" direction.

Posted

The sun is out now, but the wind is quite fresh and gusty so it's by no means a "sit in the garden with an iced drink" afternoon. Hopefully at least a couple of those will be along later in the week. I'd expect very high 20s as the max here on Friday, rather than anything earth-shattering, but honestly that's OK by me. London is welcome to the 37!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

So we looked at the weather forecast, and invited the family for a BBQ just North of Leicester on the towpath of the River Soar.

It still says no rain...

And is pi€€king down, feeling like a thunderstorm is going to kick off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

W Midlands looks decent from tomorrow, we look to miss the super hot 35 degree temps, looks to be around 26-27 degrees most days, great summer weather

Posted

Already feels very hot here, with hardly any wind to speak of. I can guess the Peak District will be choca block especially tomorrow so won't be going far..

Posted

Sat in garden having breakfast 23c 

not venturing anywhere as self isolating with my husband who’s having hip replacement on 18th August 

Posted

Where have these showers come from. Is it too much to ask for just one sunny day this pathetic summer?

Posted

27C here, going a little cloudy here now and a few showers to the west, bit dissapointing really as it was forcast to stay reasonably sunny till about evening but thats the UK for you, South and SE looks to cloud over later from the area in the channel which was probably unforseen as well so maybe no records broken their today, enjoy everyone.

ScreenHunter_03 Aug. 07 12.18.gif

ScreenHunter_02 Aug. 07 12.15.gif

Edited by EMids WeatherWatcher

Posted

A decent day in the end here, although not as much sunshine as would have been nice. One extremely light shower in mid-morning, literally just a few big drops of rain, but otherwise dry and warm throughout. Maxed at 29.5 °C during an extended sunny spell around 3pm. Nothing exciting, certainly no sign of any storms -- that risk comes along after the weekend, I'm aware!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

This weeks forecast is looking very interesting if you like BOOM or two ⚡⚡⚡⚡

Thunderstorms are looking very likely for several days for our region but timings and where they are going to hit are yet to verify ( best bit radar watching )

I cant remember the last time I’ve seen a whole week like this in the forecast

26F0EB27-0CDA-493A-A526-7758A7DDB6AF.thumb.png.77835e12f482725b001e3ca3de389cf4.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Wall to wall cloud here this morning(Crick jnc 18 M1), and cool easterly breeze. It will have to go some to lift this forn storms to be activated.

Posted
32 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Wall to wall cloud here this morning(Crick jnc 18 M1), and cool easterly breeze. It will have to go some to lift this forn storms to be activated.

I dunno. I've lived in both Lowestoft and Sunderland, two places that regularly suffer from this North Sea clag in the summer. I remember in Sunderland back in summer 2002 or 2003 (can't remember which one!) hearing a thunderstorm approach in amongst the North Sea fog. There was this kind of black area of fog where the thunder was coming from. It was really eerie.

When it did hit, the fog lifted and when the storm cleared, the sun came out!

Anyway, I don't think it'll take long for the cloud to burn off this morning.

The forecasts are looking so juicy for the next few days...I feel bad though because we've already had that terrific thundery spell in June here!

Edited by Gord
  • Thanks 1