Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion 17/06/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

working from home Friday, and will be by the window just in case....so what’s the best model for short range to aid nowcasting?  what chances of anything interesting in the East/West Mids?? ☃️

Posted
1 minute ago, Barometer Cat said:

working from home Friday, and will be by the window just in case....so what’s the best model for short range to aid nowcasting?  what chances of anything interesting in the East/West Mids?? ☃️

Various models  still  not in agreement  best looking model st the mo for us in prob arome aromehd-1-46-0.thumb.png.4829cd840a0dcb24db0fd5655c8de682.png

• Like 1

Posted
view-of-the-peak-district.jpg
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

The Peak District is home to a wide variety of magnificent hills, moors, outcrops and gritstone edges.

Quite wintry five days ahead with sleet, snow, freezing fog, ice and frost... snow down to 200m tomorrow night and first thing Friday ❄️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)
1 hour ago, weirpig said:

Various models  still  not in agreement  best looking model st the mo for us in prob arome aromehd-1-46-0.thumb.png.4829cd840a0dcb24db0fd5655c8de682.png

I'm still hopeful over here in Leicestershire.  tbh not expecting anything much.  Whatever happens will not be a bad start for winter (apart from torrential rain or a heatwave of course) 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Staying reserved in seeing any potential snowfall Thursday into Friday until tomorrow (06z and 12z)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 hours ago, WillinGlossop said:
view-of-the-peak-district.jpg
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

The Peak District is home to a wide variety of magnificent hills, moors, outcrops and gritstone edges.

Quite wintry five days ahead with sleet, snow, freezing fog, ice and frost... snow down to 200m tomorrow night and first thing Friday ❄️

That low?   Although further south  I may see a few flakes at my altitude    just to see flakes falling would be great 

• Like 4

Posted

That low?   Although further south  I may see a few flakes at my altitude    just to see flakes falling would be great 

Indeed... same here would be lovely to have the Christmas decs up and have snowflakes falling... don’t think it’ll be a covering here but willing to be suprised... it is 2020 after all

• Like 2

Posted

Just worth a mention the 18z ICON is bringing its Friday morning Snowfall further west compared to the 12z run, defo over the East of our region anyway, that’s why even the METO have mentioned earlier/todays forecast that conference is still low in what will be happening come Friday....time will tell

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Indeed... same here would be lovely to have the Christmas decs up and have snowflakes falling... don’t think it’ll be a covering here but willing to be suprised... it is 2020 after all

eh? you are guaranteed decent snow surely, rest of us 100m or so folk, wet snow still possible anywhere really,

• Like 1

Posted

so  scores on the doors  most1 8z hi res models at the moment have the midlands in there sights   Arp  Arome  ECM and the wonderful Harmonie  all have   snowfall for friday.

Will it change?.  Probably

Edited by weirpig

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

so  scores on the doors  most1 8z hi res models at the moment have the midlands in there sights   Arp  Arome  ECM and the wonderful Harmonie  all have   snowfall for friday.

Will it change?.  Probably

Do you have a link for those charts? Please

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

I cant see any snow for low ground here in the west mids higher parts may see something tonight and tomorrow. This morning it's cold and raining.

Posted

Modles  sill all over the place   0z  went east wards  the 6z  seems to have brought it back west.  For us guys to see some snow  the Arome 6z is perfect   if it had just been a tad colder   dew points  etc  we would have seen sig  snow    

Posted

I think the Met Office would have produced some warnings by now if they felt there was any kind of risk. Though I'm surprised they haven't for the Peaks as it's the first snowfall of the season up there.

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The first sleet and wet snow of the season here this morning. Nothing settling though. Current temp' is 2.1c but in the heavier bursts of precipitation earlier this morning it fell to 1.3c.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Gord said:

I think the Met Office would have produced some warnings by now if they felt there was any kind of risk. Though I'm surprised they haven't for the Peaks as it's the first snowfall of the season up there.

Yes  my thoughts aswell   just starting to turn to sleet  back of my house on the beacon 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All the Interesting stuff

Hint of sleet here, still to warm for snow

Temp 3.9 Dew 3.3 Wet Bulb 3.6

Edited by phil b

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Hello snow starved Midlanders its good to be bk as once again we began our chase for a flake. Tomoz i can see a bit of sleet if the low tracks West and Snow for the peaks. Hope we all see a Snowy Nirvana this Winter. Best of luck evreone. ?❄☃️

• Like 6

Posted

Well I’ve seen all I can see now regarding any model output.....sorry I can’t see any Snowy times ahead for tomorrow that was promised yesterday.

Only the likes of our fellow members that live up in them magnificent hills will see snowfall.

The only good news for the rest of us is it looks dryer for most tomorrow.

BUT as all that knows me, it won’t stop me looking ahead/hunting for cold and snow ❄️ ......STAY POSITIVE...it’s only the 3rd December

• Like 6

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Moderate wet snow here, nothing settling as yet.

• Like 5