Midlands Regional Discussion 17/06/2020 Onward

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all,  A walk down the park earlier was me and pretty dreary really it was with dark skies with rain on and off, the leaves were 🍁 falling like (snowfall) ....*I wish*🥴 give it time...along way

Yep lol. Recent few days been mediocre for thunderstorms, maybe today (Monday) could bring a thundery surprise. Love to have a thunderstorm that produces a strong microburst with 250mm per hour precip

Probably high ground only. I have seen snow under this setup before but that was in late winter when sea surface temperatures are lower and so air at surface level is less ‘modified’.

Posted Images

Not too bad a day really, considering. Plenty of showers, one or two of them quite heavy, but some periods of sunshine in between. Give me that any day over interminable grey gloom. Nothing special about the temperature (max 12.8 °C) but the air felt quite nice and fresh while I was out walking in the morning and again in the afternoon. Clearish skies for a bit this evening, too, allowing me to see the Moon, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn in the same night sky.

Same here PM, this afternoon looks dryer, I can’t wait for next week 🌤🌤🌤 all the way 🤩

Also with the nights being much longer now and with low single figures we could be seeing scrapping of car windows ❄️❄️❄️

1094ECD6-4353-4C1D-8886-69EE3C3552A4.thumb.png.f39a4489a355e5b6be3fa09246fdb1de.png

2 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Same here PM, this afternoon looks dryer, I can’t wait for next week 🌤🌤🌤 all the way 🤩

Also with the nights being much longer now and with low single figures we could be seeing scrapping of car windows ❄️❄️❄️

1094ECD6-4353-4C1D-8886-69EE3C3552A4.thumb.png.f39a4489a355e5b6be3fa09246fdb1de.png

my early predictions of the driest November on record, my daily exercise dry every day, just like April and May, yes not same weather, but this November, I see very little rain

1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

my early predictions of the driest November on record, my daily exercise dry every day, just like April and May, yes not same weather, but this November, I see very little rain

Yes I seen that (prediction) I tend to agree with you, I do love a November with chilly bright days and frosty nights 🌤❄️

Today was a tale of two halves really, torrential rain and strong winds this morning making it miserable but once the front passed it was a lovely end to the day with a big full moon.

30 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

Really warm tonight, temperatures in this area at 17'c or 18'c!!!!  that's mad!!

Yes it's very weird outside, strong gusts but extremely mild.

Great evening watching the fireworks over Birmingham at the top of Elmdon park, bloody cold though, colder than I thought it’ll be....at just 2c with clear skies 😁

• Like 1

Hello, does anyone know where i can get temperature averages for Nottingham city please?  I take daily weather records and like to compare them against the Met Office averages.  But the nearest MO gauge is in the countryside at Watnall.  With my temperature records always being higher, likely due to the effect of living in the city.  Been struggling to find averages or a lengthy dataset for nearer the city centre.  Thanks for any help.

On 12/11/2020 at 09:27, rbutcher said:

Hello, does anyone know where i can get temperature averages for Nottingham city please?  I take daily weather records and like to compare them against the Met Office averages.  But the nearest MO gauge is in the countryside at Watnall.  With my temperature records always being higher, likely due to the effect of living in the city.  Been struggling to find averages or a lengthy dataset for nearer the city centre.  Thanks for any help.

cityog.php?title=Past%20Weather%20in&tin
WWW.TIMEANDDATE.COM

Weather reports from the last weeks in Nottingham with highs and lows
logo_footer.png
WWW.WORLDWEATHERONLINE.COM

Realtime weather, 14 day weather forecast, historical weather at Nottingham Historical Weather

I found those 2 sites. Hope they are of some use!

Hi all, 

A walk down the park earlier was me and pretty dreary really it was with dark skies with rain on and off, the leaves were 🍁 falling like (snowfall) ....*I wish*🥴 give it time...along way time to go yet ...looking forward to lamppost watching  🤗

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
On 14/11/2020 at 01:53, andy_leics22 said:
cityog.php?title=Past%20Weather%20in&tin
WWW.TIMEANDDATE.COM

Weather reports from the last weeks in Nottingham with highs and lows
logo_footer.png
WWW.WORLDWEATHERONLINE.COM

Realtime weather, 14 day weather forecast, historical weather at Nottingham Historical Weather

I found those 2 sites. Hope they are of some use!

Thanks for sharing these sites, they have very nice visuals.  Unfortunately they are using data from the MO gauge outside of the city so all the temperature data isnt that comparable.  I might ask if the universities have a weather station on one of their city centre buildings. Thanks.

Looking forward to mid day time single figures, 5c here Friday 😋and the weekend looks chilly also.....Anyway 1st day of Winter nextweek coldies...and the rollercoaster begins  😱🤗🤫🙄😭🤩

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 2

Cold one this morning with a frost. Sunny now.  Compared to yesterday which was dull as..

Looking forward to watching model fun and games over winter, already looking a lot different from last year.   Already got Christmas lights up as seems to be the thing this year ❄️🎄