Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion 17/06/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers
14 minutes ago, MKN said:

For those of us in the snow starved East Midlands. Hopefully we see development of showers within the blue area over the next few hours. 

Screenshot_20210102_123736.jpg

Even that seems to be fizzling out and appears to be sliding down the west of the region.Apart from a dusting last Tuesday we had none at all!.

Posted
10 minutes ago, Eye to the sky said:

Even that seems to be fizzling out and appears to be sliding down the west of the region.Apart from a dusting last Tuesday we had none at all!.

Its not fizzling out. Check 1215 radar compared with 1pm

Screenshot_20210102_130728_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210102_130732_com.android.chrome.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

light snow shower around 11 1130 also a bit of sleet I see the BBC app has heavy snow showers for here from 6 pm and light snow showers 11 pm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.
1 hour ago, Essan said:

The BBC looks a lot more realistic to me - just sleet here this afternoon, but with snow this evening.

The BBC has my location for heavy snow showers from 6 pm to 11 pm where as the Met Office has my location down for light snow. I think it’s one of those situation were looking out the window would be more accurate than any forecast I think this is a no cast situation.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
37 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

(Apps)....We all know, we are just making conversation, it’s just a bit of fun...if you think its all crap.....you don’t have to read it

Lol Im trying my best not too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, high ground birmingham said:

From the radar, it looks to me that the precipitation is heading southwest towards Wales and may miss Birmingham south. Or am I reading it wrong?

Exactly what I think, not moving S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan
3 minutes ago, Summer of 95 said:

Hailstones mixed in that one. Any more precip types before we get actual proper snow?

Have you had any rains of frogs yet?

Posted

You can see the band starting to pivot  to a more northerly   should be decent this   birmingham  west  probably the best part of the midlands  atm

Edited by weirpig
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

The main band of ppn just below Durham is definitely moving South West.....and not South!!!!! Liverpool looks to be in the firing line...to be fair to the Met Office their warning is spot on. Nothing of note for my backyard

Posted
2 minutes ago, weirpig said:

You can see the band starting to pivot  to a more northerly   should be decent this 

Something to keep an eye on if your right???

Posted
Just now, #windysnow# said:

Something to keep an eye on if your right???

As the first band approaches north staffs   its starting to pivot   hopefully we will all see some white stuff 

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, weirpig said:

You can see the band starting to pivot  to a more northerly   should be decent this 

6 minutes ago, #windysnow# said:

The main band of ppn just below Durham is definitely moving South West.....and not South!!!!! Liverpool looks to be in the firing line...to be fair to the Met Office their warning is spot on. Nothing of note for my backyard

TBH there seems to be 2 bands of precipitation, the NW/SE frontal line and a SW/NE North sea streamer.  The latter appears to be pushing on the NW side of the former and as a result the northern part appears to be moving faster than the more southern part causing it to slowly pivot.

Edited by Ryukai
  • Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, #windysnow# said:

That looks like it’ll sweep round and end up over us

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
2 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Yes just slightly but it’s noticeable, we wasn’t expecting what we had this morning so you never know, radar watching for me this afternoon while the footie is on...lovely

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold cold cold!!

The whole band has now extended from Liverpool to the wash!! Looks like further intensification could be possible!! 

Bit of clear sky here now- hopefully that stays till trough arrives, get those temps down nicely!!

Good luck everyone ⛄⛄⛄

Edited by mother nature rocks
Typo

Posted

Oh! if you run the radar back and forth the small area of precip over Northampton appears to be trying to move in a NE direction, looks like it's trying to form a small low!

Edited by Ryukai

Posted
1 hour ago, MKN said:

For those of us in the snow starved East Midlands. Hopefully we see development of showers within the blue area over the next few hours. 

Screenshot_20210102_123736.jpg

Hope so looks very white in sky in Corby Northants 

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

First flakes falling here now.