Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion 17/06/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Got about 7-8 cm here, which is very good going for Bewdley! Easily the best since that amazing event in December 2017. And even though it's now melting with lots of drips everywhere, this is already a better winter than last year! Hey, something 2020 has got right!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, Arctic Hare said:

Got about 7-8 cm here, which is very good going for Bewdley! Easily the best since that amazing event in December 2017. And even though it's now melting with lots of drips everywhere, this is already a better winter than last year! Hey, something 2020 has got right!

Dave, same here, still not much thaw, expect one though, air not the coldest will do well to hang on to lots of snow

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Don’t think this is going anywhere fast and hopefully added to tonight and tomorrow 

58AFC8FF-FCA9-4CEE-A90D-5E5A7C3DF6F2.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Arctic Hare said:

Yeah i can imagine the road out past buttonaok towards kinlets in a bit of a state! A slight thaw here but i think we'll retain most of the snow today now.

• Like 1

Posted

Just a bit too far East here, so only got an hour of light snow with temporary scattered dusting. Knew it would be much further east than modelled, but my area was always unlikely.

I've noticed Met Office have a warning for snow on Wednesday, despite their own weather app showing sunny spells for Wednesday and Thursday.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

Just a bit too far East here, so only got an hour of light snow with temporary scattered dusting. Knew it would be much further east than modelled, but my area was always unlikely.

I've noticed Met Office have a warning for snow on Wednesday, despite their own weather app showing sunny spells for Wednesday and Thursday.

way more chances to come, some areas get lucky, some won't, chances right out until at least 8th Jan

not the coldest ever setup, exciting times though

Posted
Just now, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

I think this sums it up perfectly. How i'd love some colder uppers or a decent cold pool to our north or east to tap into!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Seems a little fog is forming here now, snow melting slowly but still most places covered  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold

Rather foggy here, helping to suppress temperatures. High of only 1 degrees together so I suspect there will still be snow cover tonight, which should make it easier for any snow that does fall tonight to stick

Edited by AppleUK 123
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.
2 hours ago, fizz511 said:

Not a flake here. Again.

hi fiz don’t be so disheartened there is more on its way I think and the are warnings out for snow and ice for Wednesday and Thursday as I type this the Met office warning have just updated and there are warnings for today 6 pm to tomorrow 10 am for snow and ice. ☺️

Posted
21 minutes ago, Arctic Hare said:

About 2 inches here in Netherton (Dudley). Again, drips outside but this a Brucie Bonus and hopefully only the start of something more significant. 

• Like 2

Posted

9 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

way more chances to come, some areas get lucky, some won't, chances right out until at least 8th Jan

True, and speaking of more chances, potential round 2 tonight into tomorrow morning. This one looks a bit more marginal for the east of the region as North Sea will mix some milder air in. Again West of the region looking better. Hoping my extra 50M of elevation compared to the center of Burton may help here. Noticed it today, dusting here, nothing settled in the town.

GFSOPUK06_24_53.png

Posted
11 minutes ago, AppleUK 123 said:

Rather foggy here, helping to suppress temperatures. High of only 1 degrees together so I suspect there will still be snow cover tonight, which should make it easier for any snow that does fall tonight to stick

opposite kind of here, clear spells now, sun may even come out, wanted clear spells from 3.30pm not now

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
4 minutes ago, shunthebartlett92 said:

I think this sums it up perfectly. How i'd love some colder uppers or a decent cold pool to our north or east to tap into!

I am not quite a fairy godmother... (Beware this is my rant)

But the latest meteo charts are showing the very cold air  (-30C to -40C) is starting to march westwards (now into the more central/western parts of Russia). Together with the charts supplied by the GFS 06Z this morning, it could well be that they will migrate to the western coasts of Europe for their  holidays next week.!!! If it does happen we will have something to remember.

As regards the Wednesday 'event'.  I suspect the Met office have  spotted a small low just dropping out of Iceland today which was moving SSE towards Western Ireland. It is now being shown that it may turn eastwards along the channel or even southern England.   If it does then we may be on the leading edge.     

I also noticed yet another development for Tuesday night dropping into the Midlands from the north east of England from off the North Sea. (same as tonight) .Could we be at the centre of the two systems? Just a possibility for now...   

Good luck to everyone.

MIA 

• Like 3

Posted

Good couple of inches fell in my area of Snow on Trent  Had bright sunshine and clear skies for most of the morning, but it's clouded over now, with those clouds that have that unique grey colour 'promise of snow' look to them, along with the sun slowly fading away with a 'frosted glass' appearance.  

641989959_IMG_20201228_1152266901.thumb.jpg.2761d3f1e5fe6a391a417c8ff618b850.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Looking at the latest UKV snow risk....most of the action is up north for tomorrow morning, but just to note this time yesterday this mornings snowfall wasn’t even showing itself, the UKV it had it all over Wales....and we know how that panned out so we’ll have to wait and see

8737AE1D-97A8-4B65-8923-63F867CAAD55.thumb.png.9daceed87b11d01dda1a127fce64b95d.png5C024DD4-4C38-45DB-8E76-718D476850F0.thumb.png.717de2e1c1656ea65b005d1297b66c3b.png

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Looking at the latest UKV snow risk....most of the action is up north for tomorrow morning, but just to note this time yesterday this mornings snowfall wasn’t even showing itself, the UKV it had it all over Wales....and we know how that panned out so we’ll have to wait and see

8737AE1D-97A8-4B65-8923-63F867CAAD55.thumb.png.9daceed87b11d01dda1a127fce64b95d.png5C024DD4-4C38-45DB-8E76-718D476850F0.thumb.png.717de2e1c1656ea65b005d1297b66c3b.png

meant to move SW through early hours? surprised that's 5am

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

meant to move SW through early hours? surprised that's 5am

The 06z NMM has the action further south, the UKV may change later

1785A1A0-5200-4BEE-9DDC-A18301513D8C.thumb.png.280cdb6f0f79a305e0065e3a18ab7707.png

Posted

Temps dropping rapidly here again now, had slowly risen to a barmy 2C, but has dropped back down to 1C in the last 30 mins or so, cloud covers also rapidly thickening up, getting quite dark outside

Posted
3 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

Temps dropping rapidly here again now, had slowly risen to a barmy 2C, but has dropped back down to 1C in the last 30 mins or so, cloud covers also rapidly thickening up, getting quite dark outside

still cloudy here, looks like a N sea mist, hoping for clearing skies in 3 hours or so, then snow still here in morning