Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion 17/06/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Cold, Very Snowy
2 minutes ago, xSnow said:

Can report an incredibly measley 0cm in Stratford. Based on the radar, we should have received snow but clearly we are too far east and only by a few miles at most. Very disappointing.

Yep, I'm from Stratford but now in Southam.  Came within a mile or two as well I believe!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Borrowing these charts from @Nick F in the Model thread the 00Z ECMWF is showing further sleet and snow chances for us this week. 

It’s take on tomorrow with a clump of snow showers moving South-West through the Midlands during the morning. Perhaps more of a patchy wintry mix over Eastern parts of the region

AE2EDBC3-DC4B-4414-B111-C2074648B7AD.thumb.jpeg.b16113e6d4a91024d7f8ab5e1de8b84b.jpeg

Then a more organised area of snow on Wednesday as a small Low/Shortwave swings down from the North-West towards us

085B169B-C045-4779-805F-A7E640580C95.thumb.jpeg.675ad61293f46f9d3e3570af27b55d7f.jpeg

Nick did stress the track of this Low is uncertain and it could easily head further South than what the ECMWF currently shows (but hope it’s right although would give those further South a chance of seeing something)

Some further sleet or snow during late Thursday heading South through the region via a disturbance over the North Sea

6F16B6E4-AFDF-4D69-8F8B-3A47D4604F14.thumb.jpeg.d1a12959e555f2058f641b1ebfab68ca.jpeg

All the Midlands cold fans’ snow shields would hopefully be put under strain if this was to come off ⛄

Edited by DiagonalRedLine
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Nothing in Shrewsbury. The rain/snow has pivoted back over us just about but think it will be more rain. 

few miles east Telford doing really well apparently. M54 in a bit of a state. 

Have sledge will travel however

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Getting heavy again here. Streamers setting up all over the place tonight and tomorrow. Many more will pop up at short notice as the air is unstable.

• Like 3

Posted
6 minutes ago, SalopWatcher said:

Nothing in Shrewsbury. The rain/snow has pivoted back over us just about but think it will be more rain. 

few miles east Telford doing really well apparently. M54 in a bit of a state. 

Have sledge will travel however

There was about 15 minutes of very wet non sticky stuff about 3am as that band jumped over Shropshire to park on the M6 for hours.

Seeing pictures of slight cover around Newport and Bridgnorth but nothing at all from Wellington westwards. And yes, as it moves back west its drizzling... Epic fail Shrewsbury yet again, Dec 2017 seems a long time ago now!

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Summer of 95 said:

There was about 15 minutes of very wet non sticky stuff about 3am as that band jumped over Shropshire to park on the M6 for hours.

Seeing pictures of slight cover around Newport and Bridgnorth but nothing at all from Wellington westwards. And yes, as it moves back west its drizzling... Epic fail Shrewsbury yet again, Dec 2017 seems a long time ago now!

All about the altitude here as usual I fear.  A shame but plenty of winter left yet.

The floods at the start of 2020 was enough weather Drama for Salop for one year to be fair! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

well it was good while it lasted the snow cover we had now starting to disappear and the snow has stopped what is our chances for more snow today and tonight guys any news on the short range model like the euro for.

Posted
1 minute ago, SalopWatcher said:

All about the altitude here as usual I fear.  A shame but plenty of winter left yet.

The floods at the start of 2020 was enough weather Drama for Salop for one year to be fair! 

Snow in Worcester (lower than here) but apparently nothing in Ludlow (about same height) or Minsterley (a bit higher). Not an altitude thing this one I don't think, it really did just jump over us that band. Its returning as rain because there's no heavy stuff in it now. Terrible fail.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.
42 minutes ago, Sparkiee storm said:

Oh yeah you're right, how can i forget that one lol, ive corrected it 

sorry mate but this is nothing like 2017 that was the best December snow got nearly 10 cm from it.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Summer of 95 said:

Snow in Worcester (lower than here) but apparently nothing in Ludlow (about same height) or Minsterley (a bit higher). Not an altitude thing this one I don't think, it really did just jump over us that band. Its returning as rain because there's no heavy stuff in it now. Terrible fail.

Fair. 

That said it’s is very lightly snowing now (near town center). That’s something I guess.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

Possibly more as the day goes on, band of PPN slowly pivoting around, hard to track though. On a positive,  it’s staying cold for now and more chances this week. ❄️⛄

Posted

I think we might very well have been in the sweet spot this morning. Good 4-5cm covering in stourbridge here at least which has been a very welcome surprise! Just shows eh, youre thinking not a chance before bed and then you get this. Im hoping we can all see some of the good stuff in the coming week! Just shows how short notice it really is with forecasting snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.
8 minutes ago, syed2878 said:

sorry mate but this is nothing like 2017 that was the best December snow got nearly 10 cm from it.

I agree, we got 20cm 10th December 2017, today got about 4/5cm, i somehow forget that 2017 event lol.

• Like 1

Posted

It's finally turned to snow in Evesham - how long for and whether anything settles on the sodden ground is another matter ...

Posted
6 minutes ago, SalopWatcher said:

Fair. 

That said it’s is very lightly snowing now (near town center). That’s something I guess.

And here (5 miles north, 95m asl). Very light and wet snow, trying to put a bit of slush down in favoured places but it'll never last on the ground which is soaking wet.