Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion 17/06/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

Really grey and 'typically' dull today.  I think milder though 14c at the mo.  Weather warning out for rain, great 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Not too bad a day really, considering. Plenty of showers, one or two of them quite heavy, but some periods of sunshine in between. Give me that any day over interminable grey gloom. Nothing special about the temperature (max 12.8 °C) but the air felt quite nice and fresh while I was out walking in the morning and again in the afternoon. Clearish skies for a bit this evening, too, allowing me to see the Moon, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn in the same night sky.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Was forecast to be peeing down with rain today, but all we've had was a light shower or two this morning. Still, there's 8 hours of the day left to go.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Torrential heavy rain here currently with winds touching gale force, temp 12c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Same here PM, this afternoon looks dryer, I can’t wait for next week ??? all the way

Also with the nights being much longer now and with low single figures we could be seeing scrapping of car windows ❄️❄️❄️

1094ECD6-4353-4C1D-8886-69EE3C3552A4.thumb.png.f39a4489a355e5b6be3fa09246fdb1de.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Same here PM, this afternoon looks dryer, I can’t wait for next week ??? all the way

Also with the nights being much longer now and with low single figures we could be seeing scrapping of car windows ❄️❄️❄️

1094ECD6-4353-4C1D-8886-69EE3C3552A4.thumb.png.f39a4489a355e5b6be3fa09246fdb1de.png

my early predictions of the driest November on record, my daily exercise dry every day, just like April and May, yes not same weather, but this November, I see very little rain

Posted
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

my early predictions of the driest November on record, my daily exercise dry every day, just like April and May, yes not same weather, but this November, I see very little rain

Yes I seen that (prediction) I tend to agree with you, I do love a November with chilly bright days and frosty nights ?❄️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Today was a tale of two halves really, torrential rain and strong winds this morning making it miserable but once the front passed it was a lovely end to the day with a big full moon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather
30 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

Really warm tonight, temperatures in this area at 17'c or 18'c!!!!  that's mad!!

Yes it's very weird outside, strong gusts but extremely mild.

Posted

Winds picked up to gale force here just now with heavy showers.

Posted
  1. Frosty this morning -1c overnight  
  2. Fog and frosty tomorrow morning
  3. Proper autumn weather in my eyes
  • Like 1

Posted

Great evening watching the fireworks over Birmingham at the top of Elmdon park, bloody cold though, colder than I thought it’ll be....at just 2c with clear skies

• Like 1

Posted

Earlier this afternoon.

IMG_20201106_133256.thumb.jpg.9db751c9257b55dc1dd0f9f8225d7324.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

One of the calmest days  here since continuous wind speed readings began in 1996  with a maximum gust ( so far ) today of just 6 mph at 0857.

Posted

Hello, does anyone know where i can get temperature averages for Nottingham city please?  I take daily weather records and like to compare them against the Met Office averages.  But the nearest MO gauge is in the countryside at Watnall.  With my temperature records always being higher, likely due to the effect of living in the city.  Been struggling to find averages or a lengthy dataset for nearer the city centre.  Thanks for any help.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
On 12/11/2020 at 09:27, rbutcher said:

Hello, does anyone know where i can get temperature averages for Nottingham city please?  I take daily weather records and like to compare them against the Met Office averages.  But the nearest MO gauge is in the countryside at Watnall.  With my temperature records always being higher, likely due to the effect of living in the city.  Been struggling to find averages or a lengthy dataset for nearer the city centre.  Thanks for any help.

cityog.php?title=Past%20Weather%20in&tin
WWW.TIMEANDDATE.COM

Weather reports from the last weeks in Nottingham with highs and lows
logo_footer.png
WWW.WORLDWEATHERONLINE.COM

Realtime weather, 14 day weather forecast, historical weather at Nottingham Historical Weather

I found those 2 sites. Hope they are of some use!

Posted

Hi all, 

A walk down the park earlier was me and pretty dreary really it was with dark skies with rain on and off, the leaves were  falling like (snowfall) ....*I wish* give it time...along way time to go yet ...looking forward to lamppost watching  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
On 14/11/2020 at 01:53, andy_leics22 said:
cityog.php?title=Past%20Weather%20in&tin
WWW.TIMEANDDATE.COM

Weather reports from the last weeks in Nottingham with highs and lows
logo_footer.png
WWW.WORLDWEATHERONLINE.COM

Realtime weather, 14 day weather forecast, historical weather at Nottingham Historical Weather

I found those 2 sites. Hope they are of some use!

Thanks for sharing these sites, they have very nice visuals.  Unfortunately they are using data from the MO gauge outside of the city so all the temperature data isnt that comparable.  I might ask if the universities have a weather station on one of their city centre buildings. Thanks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Pleasant enough today after the morning rain and gloom finally cleared. Almost cloudless now, in fact. 9 °C so pretty average, but it feels okay out there when walking.

Posted

Looking forward to mid day time single figures, 5c here Friday and the weekend looks chilly also.....Anyway 1st day of Winter nextweek coldies...and the rollercoaster begins  

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

Cold one this morning with a frost. Sunny now.  Compared to yesterday which was dull as..

Looking forward to watching model fun and games over winter, already looking a lot different from last year.   Already got Christmas lights up as seems to be the thing this year ❄️