Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion 17/06/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

As with others, just squeaked out one more really nice day. 21.2 °C (so just made 70 °F) and lots of sunshine until about 3pm. Then quite an abrupt change. By 4pm it was overcast, windy and feeling chilly and autumnal. Tomorrow will be considerably colder again even before taking the rain into account.

Given everything else, I could really do with a sunny autumn. Don't really mind whether it's mild or cold, but please not another autumn of flooding rains.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

What a change now. Max today was 12.5 °C. Still felt reasonably nice when the sun was out, as long as you kept moving, but really very chilly in the rain and wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Very cold night to come for the time of year - lows down to 3-5C in rural areas. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Although nowhere near as cold as the sheltered valley locations around the country the minimum of 2.9c here on the 26th was the equal 4th lowest on record ( since 1977) in September and only 0.3c above the record set on the 25th in 2010.

Posted

A beautiful autumn day here. Not especially warm (max 16.2 °C) but lots and lots of sunshine combined with light winds has made it feel very pleasant indeed. I had a longish walk in the morning (about 100 minutes) and it was gorgeous. Glad I got that in before what's coming down the track, though! ☔

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 hour ago, Arctic Hare said:

A beautiful autumn day here. Not especially warm (max 16.2 °C) but lots and lots of sunshine combined with light winds has made it feel very pleasant indeed. I had a longish walk in the morning (about 100 minutes) and it was gorgeous. Glad I got that in before what's coming down the track, though! ☔

Quarantine days reminds me of! walks from late Mar to late June, don't want them back, anti lockdown me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
4 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Quarantine days reminds me of! walks from late Mar to late June, don't want them back, anti lockdown me

The weather was good then, I wouldn’t fancy doing them same walks in the forthcoming two weeks...,yuk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

After light rain and drizzle for most of the morning, the rain has turned to steady moderate rain now.

Winds are only a bit gusty, so far 5.2mms.

MIA  

Posted
6 hours ago, Josh Rubio said:

Barely a drop of rain here so far. Think the northerly extent of this system was overestimated as yesterday it was forecast to rain here pretty much all day.

Aye, won't be so lucky next few days, this actually unusually behaved like a 'snow system' heaviest stuff staying over W/SW Midlands

• Like 1

Posted

Made it up to a spectacular 11.5 °C today. Miserable, miserable day it was, too. The best I can say for it is that there were a few short breaks when it wasn't raining all that much. Most of the time, though, it was wet and very dark. The lights were on virtually all day. Tomorrow's forecast seems to have improved from when I last looked, and I might even get to see the sun in the afternoon!

Posted

Worthwhile documenting the rainfall event of the last few days.

Have now got to 69.3mms since it started here on the 2nd.

Have recorded 38.3mms in the last 24 hours.

and yet we seem to have got of lightly compared to places in central southern England (reporting 100mms) in the last 3 days.

Not  heard yet of any local flooding but expect to see some when i get out later.

Drizzle still falling  BUT I have just seen a very watery looking sun for 30 seconds, and it should improve here now that the rainfall has gradually pivoted around and moved to the south and west of here. Looks like a lot of rain to come for south west Wales today.. 

Temperatures fell to 7.9C in the torrential rainfall that occurred between midnight and 2.00am. currently at 9C.

AND it has just finally stopped.

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Posted
2 hours ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Worthwhile documenting the rainfall event of the last few days.

Have now got to 69.3mms since it started here on the 2nd.

Have recorded 38.3mms in the last 24 hours.

and yet we seem to have got of lightly compared to places in central southern England (reporting 100mms) in the last 3 days.

Not  heard yet of any local flooding but expect to see some when i get out later.

Drizzle still falling  BUT I have just seen a very watery looking sun for 30 seconds, and it should improve here now that the rainfall has gradually pivoted around and moved to the south and west of here. Looks like a lot of rain to come for south west Wales today.. 

Temperatures fell to 7.9C in the torrential rainfall that occurred between midnight and 2.00am. currently at 9C.

AND it has just finally stopped.

MIA

Stopped.... emmm  not here as such, just that fine drizzle that keeps everything damp/wet, atm it keeps coming and going here and regarding totals, well over 2 inches since Friday and we are only a few days into October so your EWP forecast of a 100mm is in jeopardy already, but who am I to say I think out 10c and 10.2c guess maybe a little to low but who knows now, last month I thought I had it in the bag but in the last 4 or 5 days it dropped massively......I’m hopping for a very cold Northerly in the last week of October 

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
3 hours ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Stopped.... emmm  not here as such, just that fine drizzle that keeps everything damp/wet, atm it keeps coming and going here and regarding totals, well over 2 inches since Friday and we are only a few days into October so your EWP forecast of a 100mm is in jeopardy already, but who am I to say I think out 10c and 10.2c guess maybe a little to low but who knows now, last month I thought I had it in the bag but in the last 4 or 5 days it dropped massively......I’m hopping for a very cold Northerly in the last week of October 

Forget the temps, but in looking up what a lovely afternoon, a day of two half’s...☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️

Posted
12 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Forget the temps, but in looking up what a lovely afternoon, a day of two half’s...☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️

Yep..

I was happy to play 9 holes of golf...

After the  drizzle, mist scottish-haar, flew through this morning it was very nice.

I am glad I was persuaded out 

MIA

Posted
4 hours ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Thursday next shocker, timed for day sigh

Posted

this still storm Alex? today been the worst day since last Friday, when Alex arrived, tomorrow looks like complete washout

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A very wet start here with over 20mm of rain so far since midnight, temp currently 12.1c with persistent heavy rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

Not posted for a while, weather had taken the back seat for a while personally! 

Just noting now how cold it feels compared to just a couple of weeks ago! 12c is not bad but feels way colder.  With the ominous looking sky this afternoon makes me start considering Winter (and the usual chase for snow)  Too early? 

• Like 1

Posted

Persistent moderate rain here this morning, temp 6c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

Rainy and Cold - 10C.  Least favourite weather so odds on more of the same over next few months!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Hope everyone's had a good weekend, glad the weather hasn't been too bad. Pretty much just grey, a bit cold but at least mostly dry!