Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion 17/06/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 hours ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Hit 27.1c yesterday and at 1pm today I’m at the same value so it looks like it’ll be warmer/hotter than yesterday....can’t be bad for mid September ☀️☀️☀️

In a months time it could be blowing a gale and cats and dogs ☔️.  so I’m enjoying this lovely weather in lockdown ☀️costadelsolihull☀️

South of region looks like having a repeat tomorrow, but not the north, lockdown? thought it was just restrictions with house visits to friends/relatives banned?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Max of 25.4 °C today, which is higher than yesterday and pretty darn good for 15th September! Clouded over completely now so that's as high as we'll get, though it's still warm. The outlook is not very inspiring, at least in the vaguely reliable timeframe, so I have to think that this is the last day I'll be seeing 25 °C for a long, long time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
2 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

South of region looks like having a repeat tomorrow, but not the north, lockdown? thought it was just restrictions with house visits to friends/relatives banned?

Hit 28.3c ☀️ Regarding lockdown I’ve gotta ask my elderly mother to meet me in cafe if we want to have a chat and a cuppa together, but I’m not allow to do the same in her house....pure madness....but I do understand that there are very big families and yes that is why this as all happened again.

Posted
Just now, Dancerwithwings said:

Hit 28.3c ☀️ Regarding lockdown I’ve gotta ask my elderly mother to meet me in cafe if we want to have a chat and a cuppa together, but I’m not allow to do the same in her house....pure madness....but I do understand that there are very big families and yes that is why this as all happened again.

not in suport bubble? still allowed, my 95 year old Nan is in 'support bubble' since Sat 13th June, restrictions here currently is just 6 or more banned inside or outdoors, outside of support bubble

Posted
4 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

not in suport bubble? still allowed, my 95 year old Nan is in 'support bubble' since Sat 13th June, restrictions here currently is just 6 or more banned inside or outdoors, outside of support bubble

My mother is fit as a fiddle, no support bubble needed.....but who’s to know

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The maximum of 25.3c here was the highest in September since 2016 and the 4th highest on record for the month since 1977.

• Like 1

Posted

Yesterday was a write off never got above 16C. Much better today at 19C, while nowhere near the highs of Tuesday it's still very comfortable.

Posted
2 hours ago, Snowy L said:

Yesterday was a write off never got above 16C. Much better today at 19C, while nowhere near the highs of Tuesday it's still very comfortable.

Aye, decent once sea mist burned off, same tomorrow, never escape the sea fret here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

It's 12.9 °C at midday, the sun's gone in and there's quite a breeze. Feels a lot cooler than yesterday. The warm sunshine and 20 °C predicted by the MetO for here today feels a long way off right now!

Posted

Still only 15.3 °C, but almost unbroken sunshine so now it does feel a lot warmer, as long as I'm out of the wind. Warm enough to enjoy an ice cream anyway!

Posted

very windy, spoils day, even by 2pm when we fully got rid of north sea mist, can see high cloud from SW front

Posted
2 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

horrid again, wonder when/if it will burn off

Burned off around 10.30 here, been absolutely gorgeous since.

1 more day before it changes, same it couldn't last 1 more week and we'd have an all time great September (to go with May) - barely had any rain.

Posted

Lovely afternoon here as well. Unbroken sunshine and 21.6 °C. A shame it's all change very soon.

Posted
6 minutes ago, Arctic Hare said:

Lovely afternoon here as well. Unbroken sunshine and 21.6 °C. A shame it's all change very soon.

True. I supposee it's appropriate that what's almost certainly the last summery day falls on 21st September. Roll on April 2021 - with a vaccine please!

Edited by davehsug

Posted

Looks like we will squeeze out one last warm day. Maybe clouding over in the afternoon, but on the flip side it should start sunny.

Posted
19 hours ago, Snowy L said:

Looks like we will squeeze out one last warm day. Maybe clouding over in the afternoon, but on the flip side it should start sunny.

Yep, we've managed to squeeze one more. Still clear blue sky and 21c here. Feeling a bit sad really.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, davehsug said:

Yep, we've managed to squeeze one more. Still clear blue sky and 21c here. Feeling a bit sad really.

Echo that. Just mean for a lunchtime stroll after the latest lockdown updates. People going about their business dressed for summer and in generally chatty moods (blissfully unaware probably) whilst the sun beam downs.

Knowing the weather is about to change and there's another 6 month's of restrictions ahead I felt quite melancholy. 

• Like 1

Posted

Clear sky for most of the day and a high of 23C. Cloud has just started moving in now and with that it's the end of summer.

Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy L said:

Clear sky for most of the day and a high of 23C. Cloud has just started moving in now and with that it's the end of summer.

Aye, that's it now, bye summer

• Like 1

Posted
23 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Aye, that's it now, bye summer

1 hour ago, Snowy L said:

And ONLY 65 days to the 1st day of Winter

Posted
3 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

And ONLY 65 days to the 1st day of Winter

we'll be in full lockdown by then, stay at home, no exercise

Posted
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

we'll be in full lockdown by then, stay at home, no exercise

((((Full lockdown)))) I bloody hope not, it would be typical though, Just imagine if we got a foot snow  we are then told we can’t go out to enjoy the white stuff that is in years in waiting for us coldies  ❄️❄️❄️