Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion 17/06/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

There looks to be a possible chance of rain and maybe a spot Thunderstorms later this morning or early afternoon?  Looking at Radar to SE of the East Midlands creeping this way... quite breezy at the moment here and a lot cooler!

Posted
2 hours ago, Barometer Cat said:

There looks to be a possible chance of rain and maybe a spot Thunderstorms later this morning or early afternoon?  Looking at Radar to SE of the East Midlands creeping this way... quite breezy at the moment here and a lot cooler!

Yes, I've got an eye on that. Not very active at the moment,  but if it engages with thunderstorm alley here in the west, with currently 27C it would be rude of it not to!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)
28 minutes ago, davehsug said:

Yes, I've got an eye on that. Not very active at the moment,  but if it engages with thunderstorm alley here in the west, with currently 27C it would be rude of it not to!

We are a mere 17C in Leicestershire. Its raining moderately.  A bit meh.. Huge change from over 30c yesterday!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Naff day so far. Only 19C, overcast, and very few thunderstorms in sight with the lack of heat.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Bit of a contrast today with temps down about 10C. The sky is heavy but with that persistent type of rain, so disappointing when 25C+ was forecast. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

28C was a little off target today (Wolverhampton) wasn't it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

A very meh day here in Worcs too. Far cloudier, cooler and (non-stormy) wetter than was forecast. Thankfully dry now and 21 °C isn't exactly disastrous, but still overcast. Certainly a day nothing like what I expected. The storms last night continued for a couple of hours after midnight, too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Was supposed to be 25c here today instead it has been far cooler by about 13c was 30 odd yesterday.

Soon as i saw the low cloud this morning knew it was gonna be game over for storms same old.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Looks like the low cloud crud got quite a distant. At five I could see the sun coming up then it clouded over by six and I thought it won't last long. How wrong I was.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

A few showers in the early afternoon however no thunder or lightning was seen today not 28 are they forecast did either it was a lot cooler than 28

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather
4 hours ago, davehsug said:

Our daily storm is a little late tonight, anybody seen it?

Stoke is no Orlando FL for sure!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

25C is an optimistic max temp for today, currently shrouded in thick low northsea cloud, storms may well be having a break here now (Wolves), team will be, after playing 59 matches.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Another miserable morning, with light rain showers and a temperature of 17C. Hopefully some sunshine will break through later, regardless of storms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cloudy in summer, sunny in winter.

Update from Leicester.

Yesterday stayed at night time temps until about 4pm, then the sun broke through the clouds, and within a 30 minute period temps went up by 3C, so was quite rapid.  By the time the sun went down it was only 0.5C cooler than the heatwave temps.

30.2C in my room and 33.4C outside at 8pm.

However after the sun went down, the temps went down quite quickly to about 28.1C in my room at midnight (which in the heatwave it didnt get that low until about 5am)

When I woke up with room window open all night room temp was at 26.4C and it felt much better.

at 2.30pm today however its back up to 28C.  Outside is 29.2C (prediction was circa 25C)

So things are cooler, but nowhere near as cool as the weather preditors predicted.

Cloud/rain

we have had a few light showers, no storm, today is thin summery clouds, mostly sunny.  I would love the weather you guys in west midlands are getting.

Edited by chrcoluk
added cloud info

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 hours ago, davehsug said:

Brightened up nicely around 9.30. Now sunny and warm again 23C, lovely day.

Stoke is good, here the usual north sea mist didnt lift until 2.30pm, since then very summery

Posted

fan back on with sweat dripping., became unbearable again   the heatwave is still 80% here, I guess the cold air didnt come down as predicted?

room temp 29.7 outside temp 32.8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
12 minutes ago, chrcoluk said:

fan back on with sweat dripping., became unbearable again   the heatwave is still 80% here, I guess the cold air didnt come down as predicted?

room temp 29.7 outside temp 32.8

cool down was always mainly for the SE, 35 degrees, now around 27

Posted
2 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

cool down was always mainly for the SE, 35 degrees, now around 27

Leicester usually has the SE weather, we usually at the top part of that area, and get extremely different weather to west midlands, even to Derby.

We had 34-35C in the heatwave same as London.

It was predicted it was to go down from 34C to 25C in 3 days, instead its gone down from about 34C to about 31C.

Edited by chrcoluk

Posted

Some mid level cumulus around this afternoon quite pokey some of it was,clouds have certainly shifted to a different direction today coming from the east/NE unlike from the south when the outstanding thunderstorms were coming from.

22.9c today.

Wednesday`s epic thunderstorms best for 30 years approx 2 records broken for rainfall 2.5inches and continuous thunder for the longest ever period,never known nothing like that before also the second hottest day of the year at 29.9c.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

They really should have stayed in Manchester for the cricket! Anyhoo, another really nice sunny day, a little cooler at 21C currently, but no complaints here.

Posted

Bright here, occasional glimpses of sun, temp at 21.2C, so not too bad today - so far.