Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion 17/06/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

100% cloud cover here, struggling to hit 16C.

• Like 1

Posted

For anyone in the Stoke area, keep an eye on Tamworth and it's immediate surroundings on the radar (to our SSE).  Judging by the direction of the storms and their speed (as long as it doesn't change) anything that hits us will be coming from that direction and take about 1 1/2 hours to get here.  (Gives us a nice bit of warning to get the washing in off the line if your willing to risk it getting an 'extra spin cycle'  )

Posted

This is turning out to be the best day so far, much better than the Friday cloudfest. Tiny bit of cloud in the morning but has been clear since. 27C but feels warmer with the increased humidity.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Just had my 1st thunderstorm here, surprising really as there was nothing showing on the radar at 18:30 this came from nowhere

08EE99CF-F763-47D7-8537-F9D5EDE98285.thumb.png.fcd13b2df44057354f97f8e662f7f720.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
1 hour ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Just had my 1st thunderstorm here, surprising really as there was nothing showing on the radar at 18:30 this came from nowhere

08EE99CF-F763-47D7-8537-F9D5EDE98285.thumb.png.fcd13b2df44057354f97f8e662f7f720.png

Fizzled out as quickly as it formed.

I notice that Bish has been posting on the general thread about this storm.

Really great to see him posting again. 

MIA

Posted
17 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Fizzled out as quickly as it formed.

I notice that Bish has been posting on the general thread about this storm.

Really great to see him posting again. 

MIA

Bish.....I’ll greatly second that

Lets hope for some humdingers come tomorrow, Weds and Thursday ⚡️⛈⚡

Posted

So close but not quite last night, some distant lightning visible. Anyway, to prove that I'm not always moaning, it's gorgeous this morning. Hazy blue sky with little breeze. Fingers crossed for better luck today for all. Seen more lightning this year than for many a while, but only 1 short lived direct hit, so it would be nice to put that right in the next couple of days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cloudy in summer, sunny in winter.

Really hellish here in Leicester, constant heat sleeping on pool of sweat, I see predicted relief for London tonight, but not for us.  Even with some cloud cover yesterday it remained brutally hot. Today not a cloud in sight, no wind or even a breeze probably for a week.

However I discovered a nice trick, if I run my cold shower at a certain angle in my bathroom it creates a cool breeze back to me, when standing in proximity.

I expect when storms finally do come it will be usual, where I can see clouds in the west, Coventry and Derby get them, but Leicester nothing.

Edited by chrcoluk

Posted

I know it's pretty tough at night but it was nice to be able to go for a walk at 10pm last night in t-shirt and shorts and not feel cold. Can count on one hand the amount of times I've been able to do that in the UK. With foreign holidays out of the question this summer I don't mind the warm nights this year.

As for today It's only 28C but feels very hot out there with the high humidity. 

Edited by Snowy L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Just hit 30 °C. The sun is out, but the humidity really is a killer. Impossible to walk at more than stroll pace without ending up dripping in sweat.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

The humidity has really ramped up today, feels like Houston TX on an average day there.

Posted
13 minutes ago, RobR said:

The humidity has really ramped up today, feels like Houston TX on an average day there.

It’s going to be a killer in sleeping tonight, at 11pm it’s forecasted to be no lower than 24c to 25c in Solihull......London though 27c to 28c

Also just to add if we see thunderstorms this evening (if it’s not high enough already) the humidity will be through the roof

Posted

Last night was bad enough with 21c. Lovely to walk the dog at 11pm but not in bed. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Some rumbling in the middle distance, but nothing startling at the moment and the radar suggests the rain will miss here to the west.

Posted

Good flashes from the cell east of Solihull

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cloudy in summer, sunny in winter.

I opened door to see what would happen, its 30.4C indoors, and the air outside feels warmer, not even a breeze either, some patches of cloud but nothing else.

Posted

Peaked at 31C. After the early cloud cleared it was clear all day. Arguably the best day of the summer so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

28.8c  made it the hottest August day here since 2003. Dry all day but distant lightning is now visible to the south and south west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

yesterday we had a phew crack of thunder in the distance today just after 8:30 we had a few more rumble in the distance however after 9:30 the were lots of lightning without thunder and just under half an hour ago we had a few more crack of thunder and quite a bit of rain which is just stopping now

Posted

Just came back indoors , rain just started steady not torrential humidity high, just a few flashes of lightning at the moment but had a terrific light show for 2 hrs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Hello, nowt yet in Nottingham. Maybe a few flashes but I can't tell

Posted

Anyone living about 20 miles west of Burton is in for a treat. I can see it from here a flash per second at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

lots of lightning flashes I can see how ever I cannot hear any thunder it is very humid here temp still on my thermometer reading 24C and this is at 12:16 am as I type just heard a distant crack of thunder

Posted

Spectacular lighning displays between 9 and 11.30 last night very unusual last night,not something I`ve seen before either stars were all out after the first continuous thunder to the east went,then the next mid level Calvas CBs were lightning up almost nonstop and forked coming out of the top,no thunder and the stars were all out and saw 3 metrors,forget fireworks this is much more dazzling.

Edited by Snowyowl9
  • Like 1

Posted

It was a tropical night here with a minimum of 20C, clear skies now and already 26C.