Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion 17/06/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

It's been a rotten three days. Dire stuff. So dark every day! The only flipside is that it's a working weekday for me and hopefully the weekend is better 

Posted

Big improvement today, only 4C below average.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Assessing today depends on whether you think in absolute or relative terms.

In absolute terms, a max of 17.7 °C and a fairly brisk NW'ly do not make a great July day. The outlook, with temps hovering around 20 °C and no sign of a really nice warm, sunny spell is also uninspiring in overall terms.

In relative terms, it's been an enormous improvement on yesterday. Plenty of sunshine, no rain and even the wind has now finally dropped. I'd have bitten your hand off for this a day ago! It's been good walking weather, too, especially as the wind and sun together have dried up any mud and puddles very nicely.

Posted

Promising start now given way to 100% cloud cover. Yesterday was a very minor blip, in that it had any sunshine. Other than that, 2 weeks of "high summer", lost to leaden skies and cool winds. Fed up of it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, davehsug said:

Promising start now given way to 100% cloud cover. Yesterday was a very minor blip, in that it had any sunshine. Other than that, 2 weeks of "high summer", lost to leaden skies and cool winds. Fed up of it!

Absolute crap today, maybe better tomorrow, then crap monday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

I think we got a bit lucky in Worcs, reading the last two posts. A decent amount of sunshine (though it did cloud over fully for a bit in the early afternoon) and 19.6 °C feeling okay. Still not a great July day, but a very acceptable walking day. I was wearing a fairly thin T-shirt and never felt at all cold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

I was walking in Cannock Chase and it was largely sunny but didn't feel overly warm which is fine when tackling 15 miles. Not a drop of rain either and most paths have dried up well after the poor week. Today was great too, warmer and sunny all day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
14 minutes ago, RobR said:

I was walking in Cannock Chase and it was largely sunny but didn't feel overly warm which is fine when tackling 15 miles. Not a drop of rain either and most paths have dried up well after the poor week. Today was great too, warmer and sunny all day.

Tomorrow though pants

Posted
46 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Tomorrow though pants

Yes, a brief respite today, and then back to what appears to be mostly dull & after tomorrow, chilly weather until the end of the week.

Posted

Sunday was the first truly summery day here for quite some while. 22.4 °C, lots of sunshine, gentle breeze. Clouded over in the evening, but still good enough to sit in the garden with a book for an hour.

Right, that was summer, was it?

Posted

What a contrast. Far, far more rain than forecast, and it seemed to be coming down every time I poked my head out of the door. Got one hurried walk in during the morning and that was it. Rain, rain, rain. Not especially cold (19.7 °C) but yet another poor day for the time of year. Next couple of days also look uninspiring, though maybe some minor warmth as we head towards the weekend. Will believe it when I see it as ever!

Posted

Tommorow (Friday) looks the best day for outdoor activity and warmth if you can call it that, but i'm wondering wether that will be a cloudfest the way the ridge of high pressure is positioned, saturday really looks a write of for the midlands, a front stuck right through the middle of England then gets pepped up from the west to round the day off on a soggy end..enough to make you turn to drink!!...tomorrow hopefully.

Not good for the Midlands saturday.

ScreenHunter_01 Jul. 16 13.51.gif

Edited by EMids WeatherWatcher

Posted

A vaguely decent day today (Thursday) although not exactly memorable. Decently warm for once (22.4 °C with light winds) and even a bit of sunshine here and there. Turned cloudy and gloomy in the afternoon, but the cloud cleared reasonably well by evening. A nice Friday coming up as mentioned above, then dross on Saturday. Currently looks acceptable but unthrilling thereafter.

Posted

Nice summer's day here, first one in about 3 weeks. 23 mostly sunny.

Posted

A fairly pleasant day here. On the cool side (just scraped over 20 °C) but a fair amount of sunshine, no rain once the overnight stuff had cleared in the early hours, and the wind only mildly nagging. Hardly a classic summer's day, and definitely not a match for the first half of Friday, but by recent standards this was a good 'un.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

After the second warmest day of the month yesterday ( 21.6c max) last night was the warmest for a month, and the warmest this month, with a min' of 14.6c. A look at the latest model output suggests that the warmest night this July could occur at the very end of the month.

Edited by Terminal Moraine
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow during Winter, Thunder during Summer.

Several loud booms of thunder this afternoon, early evening. 10am ish i did have a torrential rainshower here, woke me up! 13.5c outside now.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Spotting with rain here, Temp currently 16c

Posted

Stubborn cloud that wasn't in the forecast refuses to go away. Just end this summer already.

Posted

A good summer's day in the end here, though the cloud took its sweet time breaking up. From about early afternoon it's been lovely, though. Topped out at 26.0 °C but feels very comfortable with the breeze. Currently almost unbroken sunshine. Tomorrow looks a bit too hot and humid for my liking, even if we do get away without any rain. Then summer ends again.

Posted

26 °C at 10 am. Sky is cloudless.