Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion 17/06/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

another excellent and hot summer day today no thunderstorms materialised I see now the Met office even cancelled the yellow thunderstorm warning that was in place until 9 o’clock tomorrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Not a bad day in the end after an uncomfortably humid night, although a fair bit of breakfast time rain, which was annoying as that's when I usually have a good long walk. Then staying very warm until early afternoon, with a max of 27 °C, but much fresher later on. Very pleasant indeed by early evening, with blue skies and temps in the low 20s accompanied by a refreshing breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Bit of a bust on these thunderstorms then. Made up by being another nice day and a cooler evening but not cool enough to require a jacket for a late evening walk! Tomorrow could be a shock.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow during Winter, Thunder during Summer.

Who know on the aplitude the in bound can give, fresher 

Posted

Some rainy rain dripping here, moderate. Ill carry on my pizza and chips.

Inboud more rain

Edited by LeeKay/
Edit with tuna for my poor cat

Posted

Heavy rain shower here now (WS6)

Edited by LeeKay/
added posty cody

Posted

and then quicky headed away to the north east...(Using webcam as ive moved my rig into another room)

2020-06-27 12-26-39.369.jpg

Edited by LeeKay/
added capture device

Posted

As soon as the other one left, another, heavy rain shower just now!

1177098832_2020-06-2712-46-49_170.thumb.jpg.6de93e381ef916ae3a209b507104551a.jpg

Edited by LeeKay/
Added image

Posted

The clouds are moving very fast

Posted

WOW , suddely gone very windy here, enough to move a half empty bin side to side

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

A pretty dire day for the end of June. Max so far a miserable 15.1 °C and, with the strong wind on top of that, it feels worse. Virtually no sun and occasional cold drizzle too. One of those days when if it weren't for the daylight hours and foliage, it could easily be late October.

Posted

How things have improved! Not an amazing day by any means, and still some annoying light rain, but considerably warmer (max 20.5 °C) and some actual sunshine here and there. A generally quite useable day, though I'm still crossing my fingers that the settled weather forecast for next week actually comes to pass!

Posted

And now they've deteriorated again. It's not too cold, and it's not actually raining (so a step up from yesterday), but it's overcast and windy. I am getting fed up with all these windy days. It's not what I want in July! At least there should only be a couple more days like that before the breeze calms down. With a bit of sunshine as well it might almost feel like summer at times!

Posted

Very disappointing day here yesterday, I think the sun popped out for about 5 minutes.

It should have been our local carnival and we nearly always have great weather for it. This morning is a bit more promising, however it's quite breezy.

Posted

It's a bit shocking really, 6th July, and although I haven't succumbed (yet), my heating thermostat light is showing it should be on!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Not as wet as I thought it might be. All the heavier showers have been a few miles to the north and north west with nothing more than a few spots of rain from time to time here Not much sunshine either though, just a few brief sunny intervals through the extensive cloud layer. Current temp' is 13.2c

Posted

Today was rescued by a very decent evening with plenty of sunshine and finally lighter winds. Temps still disappointing for July (max 18.8 °C) but at least I could enjoy my walk around the local area after tea. Earlier in the day it was very cloudy, as seems to be our lot in "summer" now. I suppose we used up our sunshine and warmth quota in the spring!

If July were to continue like this, it would go into the "rather poor" category for me. By no means a disaster like 2007 or 2012, but still pretty underwhelming for what is supposed to be the warmest month of the year. Yes, there are suggestions in the latest models of something better in a week or so... but we've seen that before. It has to actually happen at T+0 to count!

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Dull with heavy drizzle here currently and hardly any wind to speak of.

Temp 11c

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
28 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

Dull with heavy drizzle here currently and hardly any wind to speak of.

Temp 11c

could be January with that report

Posted

Utterly miserable day here. No sign of the bright morning weather that was forecast. Just murk and drizzle all day. Max 15.5 °C and we were lucky to get that. Lights have been on for hours. I'd be unimpressed with this in early November.

The next two days look pretty dire as well. Fingers cross that this time the better weather modelled for 3-5 days out actually comes to pass.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
5 minutes ago, Arctic Hare said:

Utterly miserable day here. No sign of the bright morning weather that was forecast. Just murk and drizzle all day. Max 15.5 °C and we were lucky to get that. Lights have been on for hours. I'd be unimpressed with this in early November.

The next two days look pretty dire as well. Fingers cross that this time the better weather modelled for 3-5 days out actually comes to pass.

hmmm, already noticed a southward trend for next week, just a funny feeling models underdoing the Atlantic, it could go tits up, and we end up with cloudy westerlies

ECM1-168.GIF?07-0UW144-21.GIF?07-19

Posted
3 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

hmmm, already noticed a southward trend for next week, just a funny feeling models underdoing the Atlantic, it could go tits up, and we end up with cloudy westerlies

ECM1-168.GIF?07-0UW144-21.GIF?07-19

Well, this is the Midlands. We're not allowed too much good weather. It's the law or something. But seriously, I'm not even going to worry about next week just yet. A vaguely decent Friday/weekend would be a vast improvement over today and tomorrow!

Posted

13C, drizzle in the height of summer in the one year we really needed some nice weather. No other word for it - depressing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The 24 hr maximum of 12.0c here yesterday was the lowest in July since 2004 when 11.4c was recorded on the 8th. 22.5 mm of rain too to reinforce the autumnal feel of the day.

Posted
On 08/07/2020 at 15:11, Snowy L said:

13C, drizzle in the height of summer in the one year we really needed some nice weather. No other word for it - depressing.

Copy and paste today

Edited by Snowy L