Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion 17/06/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

The clouds here disappeared at about 9:30 am. A very warm day with lots of sunshine following and a maximum of 25.9 °C. I fully expect that to be smashed tomorrow and for me to experience my first 80 °F day of the year. I think I'll have to get my exercise walking done by breakfast time, though, given that temperatures might well be climbing into the mid-20s by mid-morning! Still 22 °C outside now as the sun begins to set.

Worth noting that the Met Office is predicting "Very High" UV levels in the early afternoon for the next two days. That's rare in this part of the world, so with wall-to-wall sunshine I'll be taking care and not going out of the shade too much.

Edited by Arctic Hare

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

A max of 29.3 °C so far. I suspect we won't quite hit the big three-oh, but nevertheless this is by far the hottest day of 2020 in Bewdley so far. Wall to wall sunshine and feeling very warm indeed even in the shade. We might just get another crack at 30 tomorrow, but only if any cloud building up from the west holds off into mid-afternoon. I'm just a tad east of tomorrow's thunderstorm yellow warning area as things stand, though of course well inside Friday's.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

It does feel more of a dry heat to me this week as opposed to the humidity last week when the sun did pop out, but I'm ready people think its humid. Also there was dew on the grass last night and it felt cooler which makes me think it is a dry heat source. Certainly no clouds in the sky today, more tomorrow. Working from home in the heat is tough though!

Posted

In the end we came so very close, but no cigar! Max 29.8 °C in the end. It is still 26.9 °C as we approach 9 pm, which really is going some.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 minutes ago, Arctic Hare said:

In the end we came so very close, but no cigar! Max 29.8 °C in the end. It is still 26.9 °C as we approach 9 pm, which really is going some.

Aye, Dave! this time next week it will be, I wish it was a bit warmer

Posted
7 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Aye, Dave! this time next week it will be, I wish it was a bit warmer

The joys(?) of the British weather!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

I made it to the magical 30c mark  only just though at 30.1c, will it be warmer tomorrow, we’ll have to wait and see

Posted

Been for a lovely drive tonight in the Warwickshire countryside enjoying the sunset. Sat outside now with a cold beer as its cooler out than in!

• Like 2

Posted

Unless my thermometer has been driven crazy by the heat, it is 27.7 °C at 9:35 in the morning!

Posted

Hello all.    What is the best website / app , for telling what the exact temperature is where I am ?  Not sure my Samsung  phone has a temperature reader as such.  

Thanks. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
11 hours ago, RobR said:

Been for a lovely drive tonight in the Warwickshire countryside enjoying the sunset. Sat outside now with a cold beer as its cooler out than in!

Rob...

was out yesterday pm in the Warwickshire countryside.

Went to the Edstone  Aqueduct (largest in England) just south of Wooten Wawen, and drove back via Alcester, Studley, etc, in the country lanes.

Despite it being very hot (further south my car thermos was at 30.5C for long periods) it was pleasant, with everything so green after the recent storms.

Took a few bottles with us and kept stopping and it was fine.

MIA

• Like 1

Posted

1 hour ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Rob...

was out yesterday pm in the Warwickshire countryside.

Went to the Edstone  Aqueduct (largest in England) just south of Wooten Wawen, and drove back via Alcester, Studley, etc, in the country lanes.

MIA

Thanks for tip about that aqueduct.  Can you cycle across it as well. 

Posted

Can feel those UV levels today, even out for 30 mins with no cream on I could feel my arms starting to turn.

Posted

I think most in our region past the magical 30c today  I made the decision today to finish work at lunchtime

Having a beer and a BBQ with my family.... loving it

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, mr benn said:

Thanks for tip about that aqueduct.  Can you cycle across it as well. 

Yep, on the aqueduct their is a good pathway of about 4 feet wide minimum, though you will need to lift the bicycle down about 10steps at either end. The whole pathway along there is quite good and well maintained. In fact 2 cyclists passed us yesterday.

It is a real gem around that area with the aqueduct traverses over the river Alne twice and the S upon Avon to Bham railway line as well as several minor roads. I had never heard of it before but it is up with the junction of the Grand Union and SuA canal system at Lapworth at the Kingswood Basin,. (where I am hoping to go shortly again), for its picturesqueness, but it is really quiet and unknown. If you like quietness and countryside it is the place for you.

There is also a marina at Edstone and a restaurant which has a very good reputation (The Field) I think, but it is currently closed (maybe opening July 4th?), and it is on private land, but a pathway extends from the canal, across a field to get there.

Have a lovely time.

MIA

• Like 1

Posted
20 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

I think most in our region past the magical 30c today  I made the decision today to finish work at lunchtime

Having a beer and a BBQ with my family.... loving it

DWW...

Yep ..

I am still recording 35.2C on my enclosed screen in the middle of my highly enclosed back garden. It is a real heat trap!!

Just seen the first signs of some cumulous clouds bubbling up to our north and west.

Could be the first sign of the breakdown approaching. (could we have more thunderstorms to come?) - maybe even El  Brumbie Mark 2?

MIA

Posted
2 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

DWW...

Yep ..

I am still recording 35.2C on my enclosed screen in the middle of my highly enclosed back garden. It is a real heat trap!!

Just seen the first signs of some cumulous clouds bubbling up to our north and west.

Could be the first sign of the breakdown approaching. (could we have more thunderstorms to come?) - maybe even El  Brumbie Mark 2?

MIA

Be great if we get another day come tomorrow of what we’re are seeing at the moment  hopefully a shower or two first thing in the morning then a break down after 6pm  ⚡⚡⚡⚡️.....we’ll see

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Just now, Dancerwithwings said:

Be great if we get another day come tomorrow of what we’re are seeing at the moment  hopefully a shower or two first thing in the morning then a break down after 6pm  ⚡⚡⚡⚡️.....we’ll see

Aye, looks okay for us, early rain 6-8am, then sunny 25 degrees! just wish that would last, and not go to wet and cold winds

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Aye, looks okay for us, early rain 6-8am, then sunny 25 degrees! just wish that would last, and not go to wet and cold winds

Yes can’t be bad, sunshine then radar watching into the evening  

• Like 1

Posted

Made it! Max today was 30.8 °C, so easily a new high for 2020. Could be a long time before I get near that again -- 30 °C isn't all that common in these parts, so this might well end up the max for the entire summer. We'll see. Blue skies until mid-afternoon, but then a steady encroachment from the west. Mostly fair-weather cumulus, though, and no threat of rain or thunder for the moment. Things could be different tomorrow, though the W Mids MetO text forecast (issued 16:00) seems to be playing down the risk of storms here -- "showery and possibly thundery" is the wording now.

Posted

Looks like we are squeezing out another nice day, certainly the first half. 26C already.

Posted

Lovely day today with more of a breeze  maximum  of 29.2C.

Stll a possibility of a thunderstorm moving up from the south later on tonight.

Storms are developing over North France. It seems todays developed 50 miles to far north for us to see anything.

MIA 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow during Winter, Thunder during Summer.

Evening all, can anyone confirm any ppn over the mids now? I thought an anaprop but has been steadly going NNE on the Net W Radar

Edit Infared sat does show cloud cover

Edited by LeeKay/
Added