Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Sunny76

Posted

What do you remember about this year? If so, what weather event stands out for you? 

I was only 7 at the time, but have vague memories of the hot summer weather. August was hot. I don’t remember much about the winters either side, or the spring.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

I remember some hot weather that year in the UK in the Summer and also around parts of Europe. Not sure of the exact dates but around mid July it was very warm in London and I went on a trip to Northern Italy at the end of that month and they had close to record breaking temps in the low 40c's over there, the breeze felt like a hair dryer, in fact newspapers were saying that it had not been that hot since the 1930's in Italy. I imagine that some of that heat had migrated north to our shores.

August was pretty decent too but I can't remember June.

Posted

I recall Saturday 16th July was exceptionally hot in London as I got stuck on a train without open windows or a/c that day and fried! We camped later in July in mid-Wales and it was very dry, with dead fish in one dried-up stream, although we were not tempted to eat them! A good summer overall.

Posted

No memories of 1983 whatsoever. I was only 4-5. Looking at the stats, Jan 83 was very mild and wet, marked turnaround Feb, very cold and snowy. Spring quite cool, snowy Easter. Summer mixed excellent July bookended by ok June and August. Autumn average. Mild wet December.

Edited by damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Not quite the snowy winter of many 80s years but snow was about especially February giving good amounts and cold.Spring was indifferent and rather wet .June here wasn't that bad,rather dry but by no means poor.July very hot enough said and a very good August in fact met office gives a sunnier month than 1984,not sure about that one! Autumn and into winter is nothing out of the ordinary but was relatively dry leading up to the dry following summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

yep July was particularity hot and sunny for me was the best summer of the 1980s ..July 1983 in terms of weather was similar to August 1995..one of those hot easterly summer months.