Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 3 June 2020 onwards

damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Hadn't stopped raining for two days here. I wouldn't even speculate how much snow there would've been, if this happened in January. However, we did have a warm sector go through as winds veered WNW for a time, milder air moved in off the sea and lifted the temps by around 2C, so I feel it would of turned to rain anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
6 hours ago, Weather-history said:

Who writes the Met Office text forecasts?

A fine and dry day with sunny spells.

Today:

A largely dry morning with early cloud clearing to sunny spells. The dry weather will persist across the region into the afternoon. Light winds. Feeling cold.

This was posted at 4am.

Has no one looked at the radar?

And tonight -4c no chance cloud cover due in the early hours.

C.S

Posted
22 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

And tonight -4c no chance cloud cover due in the early hours.

C.S

Notice this often that they seem to give the most extreme possible minimum. I'm sure I saw a -1C for this morning in the text forecast yesterday. Did anyone get a frost last night? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

It took a while to clear up but once it did the tops looked great cloaked in a few inches of snow.

just a shame I was driving with a missus who associates snow with horrible cold and doesn’t appreciate the beauty of a winter landscape.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
6 hours ago, Weather-history said:

Notice this often that they seem to give the most extreme possible minimum. I'm sure I saw a -1C for this morning in the text forecast yesterday. Did anyone get a frost last night? 

Yeah they’ve been doing that forever but I don’t really have a problem with it as technically it could be that temperature on the top of Shap or something which is still in the northwest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Already 1.5°C so quite a bit colder than forecast for this time. Let’s see how cold it can get before the cloud comes, can I get the 2nd air frost since I moved in? Notice some precip for tomorrow morning but seems  boundary layer temperatures will be too high for any snow.

• Like 1

Posted

0.3°C now and still dropping.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

0.5C and dropping fast under clear skies. Way colder than the forecast min. 

• Like 1

Posted

A minimum of -0.5°C around midnight here but 3.8°C now thanks to  the cloud.

Posted

The second consecutive day that the forecast has been 'dubious' in this region. Forecast for today was generally dry and better than yesterday, but the drizzly damp rain has been around all morning here in S Cheshire whereas yesterday was dry and sunny after some  early rain had cleared. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Levens Hall yesterday - usual horseshoe walk through the Deer Park.

The Howgills looked stunning.

• Like 2

Posted

A decent winter weekend overall, dry with some good spells of sunshine, fells covered in snow making for a rather festive feel.  Models suggesting next weekend will bring more a green scene which is a shame, let's hope we see some snow again before christmas.

• Like 3

Posted

No wonder we have lost the likes of Tamara in the MOD thread always use to be a good read and use to learn as I went along now barring a few posters its full of satsumas trying to score points very sad but happens every winter no wonder the older members in the forum venture in there anymore.

C.S

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
20 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

No wonder we have lost the likes of Tamara in the MOD thread always use to be a good read and use to learn as I went along now barring a few posters its full of satsumas trying to score points very sad but happens every winter no wonder the older members in the forum venture in there anymore.

C.S

Satsumas  

Posted
6 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Satsumas  

Funnily enough I was eating one when I was doing the post.i would be serving a ban if I'd tried to use the words I wanted.

On a serious note the likes of @Tamara and @knocker excellent knowledge and the kind you learn alot from driven away from that thread by some of the cold brigade and when you look back over the last few years there analysis was not incorrect was it?

C.S

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Move along - nothing to see here  

Not a lot  remotely of any interest at all unfortunately.

.h500slp.thumb.png.2d800d4dcdd8e461c8bec7aef8f85d05.png

prectypeuktopo.thumb.png.56575c1938d3786e8700f78803237837.png

(+369  - Deepest FI  never mind) 

Edited by Iceaxecrampon
  • Like 2

Posted

Lovely winters day, sunshine and blue skies, already first week of December has produced it feels nearly as much sun as November did as a whole. This time if year is renowned for being exceptionally dull, any sunshine is always a huge bonus, long may it continue.

Posted
2 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Lovely winters day, sunshine and blue skies, already first week of December has produced it feels nearly as much sun as November did as a whole. This time if year is renowned for being exceptionally dull, any sunshine is always a huge bonus, long may it continue.

While in London has been exceptionally grey and foggy felt like it never got light today. My maximum 2.9C the coldest since March 2018.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Could you send some of your winter sunshine and blue skies to the south of the region please? Sky has just cleared but too late to be of any benefit here in S Cheshire. 

• Like 1

Posted
22 hours ago, cheshire snow said:

C.S

Yeah I haven’t even been in there since last winter I got fed up of it. Will have a quick look if things get more interesting in a few weeks though but can’t stay in there for long especially as there does seem to be a little bit of SE bias like the convective thread.

Posted

A bit colder than  forecast again, 1.9°C currently.. Wind is NW but it’s quite light so not having much impact; Crosby is also around 2°C.

• Like 1