Jump to content

North West Regional Discussion 3 June 2020 onwards


Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, dodge said:

93D411B9-BABB-4EDE-9181-67D8BB7A7E91.thu

It's enough to make you feel physically sick, just rain, rain, rain, and even if it doesn't materialise to this extent, it's safe to say the next week will be more wet than dry.

Yes a continuing unsettled pattern according to the GFS for the next 10 days with plenty more rain in the offering  few signs later in FI that HP may settle things down with perhaps fog becoming the main player,but that's for the future.My thoughts for a front-loaded winter are starting to fade unfortunately quite frustrating really but it is what it is.

C.S

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another great sunset this evening

Lovely sunset

We didnt get overhead storms.. they continually died before they got here due to a lack of energy here. However it's a good job I have a top floor with a good view.. I managed to catch some lightning.

Posted Images

13 hours ago, cheshire snow said:

Yes a continuing unsettled pattern according to the GFS for the next 10 days with plenty more rain in the offering  few signs later in FI that HP may settle things down with perhaps fog becoming the main player,but that's for the future.My thoughts for a front-loaded winter are starting to fade unfortunately quite frustrating really but it is what it is.

C.S

I understand your change of heart mate but I wouldn't write it off just yet, toward the back end of this mornings ECM looks pretty interesting. Still plenty of options on the table... 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Showers more on than off this morning.

I see we have a weather warning for Thursday/Friday, for... rain, of course. Shame it's half-term, the only available activities are outdoors.

image.thumb.png.2ec179fc9e57921fa04ccec4e0e1aaf4.png

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Day 10 said:

I understand your change of heart mate but I wouldn't write it off just yet, toward the back end of this mornings ECM looks pretty interesting. Still plenty of options on the table... 

ECM has switched from +NAO to -NAO in 24hrs out in FI which probably tells you everything you need to know,to be fair though quite a few of The GEFS members are showing HP in or around the UK which will hopefully put the brakes on the Atlantic and sort of goes along the idea of the GFS of setting down the weather all at day 10+ though so plenty of water to go under the bridge until we can at least hope for something a little seasonal.

C.S

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, cheshire snow said:

Yes a continuing unsettled pattern according to the GFS for the next 10 days with plenty more rain in the offering  few signs later in FI that HP may settle things down with perhaps fog becoming the main player,but that's for the future.My thoughts for a front-loaded winter are starting to fade unfortunately quite frustrating really but it is what it is.

C.S

To be honest I'm not too bothered if it turns out like that. It would be nice to get a seasonal xmas but if we don't we don't. I remember getting worried around that time in 2012 and at the turn of the new year but things massively turned around in mid January with a big SSW. Had a few decent snow events from then on into March.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

After last winter’s efforts, even a few days with snow on the ground would be an improvement.

Pretty sure it’s the first time in the 24 years we have lived in our present house where I didn’t have to clear snow off the drive once.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, alr1970 said:

Showers more on than off this morning.

I see we have a weather warning for Thursday/Friday, for... rain, of course. Shame it's half-term, the only available activities are outdoors.

image.thumb.png.2ec179fc9e57921fa04ccec4e0e1aaf4.png

Oh dear grim, and all too often outcome of long drawn SW airstreams, despise them whenever they happen, all year round they just bring low cloud, dank often very wet conditions. Just looked at the BBC and Met office forecasts, shocking, non-stop rain for 96 hours.. Thursday to Sunday, can I hibernate!

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Oh dear grim, and all too often outcome of long drawn SW airstreams, despise them whenever they happen, all year round they just bring low cloud, dank often very wet conditions. Just looked at the BBC and Met office forecasts, shocking, non-stop rain for 96 hours.. Thursday to Sunday, can I hibernate!

Tomorrow a write off here, interesting these systems move through in the day, dry tonight, dry tomorrow night

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Tomorrow a write off here, interesting these systems move through in the day, dry tonight, dry tomorrow night

Its looking a very wet week, rainfall totals for October will be very high by  close of play, nothing unusual, so often the last week of October is very wet. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Squall line moving through right now. Some pretty intense rain.

Really heavy rain and gusty wind picked up... hills disappeared... very autumnal 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Really heavy rain and gusty wind picked up... hills disappeared... very autumnal 

Hopefully plenty of the white stuff this winter mate 👍 I think we deserve it after last Winters no show!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

A nice end to a somewhat washout of a day here, with more rain forecast for this week and into next at least this sunset and today's squall-line is making things a bit more interesting than the typical 'gloom and doom' Autumnal days.

DSC_0006.thumb.JPG.662398eb199201b02188f39bee2e85fc.JPG

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Rubbish weather and even if we get a winter with snow we will have to probably stay in because of this thing going around that I don’t like to mention we will be in tier 304 by then

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

Rubbish weather and even if we get a winter with snow we will have to probably stay in because of this thing going around that I don’t like to mention we will be in tier 304 by then

hahaha

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

Rubbish weather and even if we get a winter with snow we will have to probably stay in because of this thing going around that I don’t like to mention we will be in tier 304 by then

Are schools and uni’s still open in tier 304 and will we be able to buy grit and snow shovels 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...