Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 3 June 2020 onwards

damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
8 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

A couple of heavy downpours here but nothing especially heavy or long lasting, nor thundery. Heard a few distant rumbles. The showers have banded in lines today, some places have got lucky and escaped, others a persistant deluge. Also marked difference, east of Pennines, dry.

Tomorrow could bring widespread long lasting heavy downpours anywhere.

Agreed 

while we were clearing water out of the conservatory, my daughter was sat in her garden only 10 miles away in West Yorkshire.

they haven’t had a drop of rain all day.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

Mental storm here haven’t seen one as severe at night in many a year. Torrential rain and frequent lightning ⛈ 3rd storm in just a few days!  

• Like 1

Posted

It was pretty nice watching the Leek storm lighting up for a hour after 11pm from here in Whaley, a strike every minute or so at times although the majority of it was IC.

2336.thumb.JPG.5474592235301ca8fa095e85eaf2ce34.JPG2337.thumb.JPG.87991f600c2334ffcbfc960a342a294a.JPG2338.thumb.JPG.d2aaf4846edf662554904281d5c9fb85.JPG

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
6 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

I was woken during the night by flashes of lightning and rumbles of thunder (S Cheshire) although I am not sure what time it was. Woke this morning to steady and non-thundery rain. This was certainly not forecast!

All I have here is crappy mist from N sea

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
32 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

I was woken during the night by flashes of lightning and rumbles of thunder (S Cheshire) although I am not sure what time it was. Woke this morning to steady and non-thundery rain. This was certainly not forecast!

I was woken by the rain and a long roll of thunder. Not sure what time it was either. Metoffice didn't forecast this rain (they've been somewhat poor recently), but the convective weather website have as they mention a shortwave early on over NW mids/N Wales clearing away to the West. Hopefully this clears through quickly and doesn't leave too much clag.

Posted

Despite the clag here, a streamer of sorts has set up over us already. Just moderate rain, and it's stopped now, but earlier than expected.

image.thumb.png.430708eb96b45897632a44fab2bb151e.png

Posted

Rain has stooped now, that was pretty heavy for only a red radar return. I wonder what the afternoon will bring?

Posted
2 hours ago, Dexter said:

I was woken by the rain and a long roll of thunder. Not sure what time it was either. Metoffice didn't forecast this rain (they've been somewhat poor recently), but the convective weather website have as they mention a shortwave early on over NW mids/N Wales clearing away to the West. Hopefully this clears through quickly and doesn't leave too much clag.

Yes, the rain finished about 10am and it is warm and humid now although far less sunny here in S Cheshire than it was at the same time yesterday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Drove to Bolton yesterday to pick some stuff up. Rained most of the way there, was quite lively and cool. Little one wanted to go the beach so we drove to Blackpool. It was scorching and sunny. Sat on the beach with a couple of coronas. 

Must say though I’m missing the proper sunshine that May offered. I’m wondering if we will see a proper return to summer this summer? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Sun breaking through nicely here now at last.

Posted
35 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

We've already got the rain in South Cheshire although it is not particularly heavy at the moment.

The heaviest downpour is just southwest of Manchester currently, moving westwards.

Posted

I can hear more lightning than 

WWW.LIGHTNINGMAPS.ORG

See lightning strikes in real time across the planet. Free access to maps of former thunderstorms. By Blitzortung.org and contributors.

is picking up.

Posted

I have to say today has been very uninspiring, largely white skies with lots of medium level cloud, barely any sunshine and I doubt anything thundery will happen here sadly. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Finally. Thunderstorm in progress here!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Glad some of you are getting storms! It’s been frustrating for us in Saddleworth see the showers develops just a few miles further on, it’s mostly been dry this week here.

• Like 2