Snow?

North West Regional Discussion 3 June 2020 onwards

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice and fresh on the tops with snow becoming powdery & forming a glaze layer. -2C at present.

About 2 inches now.. Never expected this. 

Looks like someone was looking for an argument in here (and in other parts of the forum as it goes), those posts have been removed now, so please refresh the screen if you still see them. 

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, SnowThunder said:

Looking at the big blob of rain heading our way I think there's no chance of seeing the Draconids tonight, seems to always be rain or at minimum clouds when there's something interesting in the sky

Indeed. The amount of times I've tried to do the same only for cloud to scupper it. A consequence of the NW being the cloudiest region in England.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Wow, that's a lot, I'm glad I'm out of it. Another beautiful morning here on the N Yorkshire coast, if a tad breezy compared with yesterday. 

Times shows Rochdale as the wettest place in the UK yesterday with 41.4mm of rain. That's 41.4 mm more than we had on the N Yorkshire coast. Back across the Pennines tomorrow and hoping for similar weather to N Yorkshire rather than Greater Manchester!

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Times shows Rochdale as the wettest place in the UK yesterday with 41.4mm of rain. That's 41.4 mm more than we had on the N Yorkshire coast. Back across the Pennines tomorrow and hoping for similar weather to N Yorkshire rather than Greater Manchester!

Cheshire/Irish sea streamers the wettest setup for most areas of NW/NW Midlands, best setup E of Pennines

• Like 2

Might not get out of single figures round here tomorrow looking at the local met office forecast. Certainly a very Autumnal day with showers or longer spells of rain at times too.

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, alr1970 said:

Hail here too, and this view:

P1160147.thumb.JPG.a73cc1fb933a490219ff8004796a29b5.JPG

was this:

image.thumb.png.f7ba92eb742550b8c4628e0f3ded417b.png

I wonder if that was when everybody dived into my place of work for cover.  I don't know if there was any thunder with it.  About 6pm as I left work, I felt a really strong warm blast of air, it blew off two fixed social distancing placards from half way up a lamp post and stripped a tree of its leaves, but didn't touch a tree near to it, no visual signs of a funnel, it was a bit weird.  Some beautiful colours in the sky as the sun set, I wished I had my phone for a photo.